Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFhack not working  (Read 2667 times)

GreenNope

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DFhack not working
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »

So I installed dfhack (I am on a mac) version 0.43.03 and put all of the folders contents into my df main directory (with dwarffortress.exe). However, it gave me this message when I ran dfhack:

Code: [Select]
dyld: could not load inserted library './hack/libdfhack.dylib' because no suitable image found.  Did find:
./hack/libdfhack.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

/Users/censored/Desktop/dwarf/df_osx/dfhack: line 15:  2122 Trace/BPT trap: 5       DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFhack not working
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:34:13 pm »

What version of DF are you running, and what version of DFHack are you trying to use with it?

P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 11:18:06 pm »

It sounds like you are manually installing everything instead of using a Lazy Newb Pack. You might try swapping out your /data/libs/ folder with one from here: Mac OS X libarary files for Dwarf Fortress.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 11:42:18 pm »

There is no /data/libs folder, and installing DFHack manually is perfectly valid.

My guess is that you installed 64-bit DFHack for 0.43.05, both aspects of which aren't compatible with 0.43.03 (that is, 0.43.03 isn't 64-bit, nor is it 0.43.05).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.