Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 75490 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
WIZARDS!: ZAP
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:26:29 am »

The world ended a long time ago, but no one is exactly sure how.

Some say that the cold war went hot when Reagan, in the midst of a psychotic break, vomited lighting onto Gorbachev's face and then animated a bronze statue of Lenin that went on a 3 week rampage. Others say that the brilliant -and horribly sickened- minds of silicon valley attempted to use the early internet to create a single magically endowed computer god and instead shattered the fabric of reality by replacing the music of the spheres with the sound of a dial up modem. A few say that the power of magic caused the governments of the world to collapse and that arcane warlords fought a endless battle of subjugation across sigil  engraved wastelands. But perhaps it was none of these, or perhaps it was all of them at once.

The only thing we know for sure is that wizards were definitely involved.

The world left over after this magical cataclysm is strange. Fairy forests spread like cancer across the land, mystical standing stones pop up like weeds, ivory towers dot the landscape like the pillars of heaven and  there are just about as many floating buildings as there are clouds. There are no radioactive craters, instead there are areas of unstable magic or dangerous arcane mechanisms or strange impossible materials that defy the rational explanation of a normal man. Ruins of the old world still exist, though nothing as simple as a building smashed down by a blastwave. Instead they are being disassembled by rogue golems, slowly crumbling up into the sky, or burning down every day at noon and magically repairing at midnight. Discarded weapons of magical war rampage wildly, men who wander too close to some enchanted knick-nack and find themselves transfigured into beasts, and gangs of low level wizards with just enough power to be feared and just enough sanity to be cunning terrorize the populace.

It is always a wizard's fault.

A man does not worry about finding clean water so much as he worries about finding water that isn't inhabited by strange women who will throw swords at him while screeching about myriad contradictory prophecies.  He worries about his crop of wheat not because of drought but because it might rain glitter-fluid instead of water and the plants might decide to get up and walk off.  His son might be born as a wizard (god forbid). His dog might chase the wrong rabbit and bring martial Nymphs charging out of the forest. The old filing cabinet he scavenged from the infinite office plaza labyrinth might contain files that, if looked at wrong, could cause him to tear the skin off his face.  The world is an insane mass of magical nonsense and it is DEFINITELY because of wizards.

Wizards are madmen, renegades, narcissists, murderers, usurpers, raiders and thieves.

Wizards are men infected with magic, inflicted with the ability to warp reality at the cost of their sanity. Their bodies are warped by their actions, their minds twisted into incomprehensible mania. They are Paranoid schizophrenics with grenade launchers. They are a meth addict in a tank. They are screaming toddlers with the capacity to end the world for the most inane of reasons. They are anathema to all of mankind, order and any semblance of society and polite discourse.

And you are definitely gonna become one.

Because the thing about wizards is that there are only two ways to become one: Be born a wizard, or murder a wizard. So you are either gonna be a wizard or a corpse. Probably both, given enough time.

Till then, you're part of the Mage Hunter Guilt, a loosely affiliated group of men and women who do magic related things for the populace. You put down magic creatures, investigate mysteries and murder wizards. You are mercenaries, hunters, hired killers, and roaming lawmen.

Try not to go crazy.   

Everything you need to make a character is Here

First five complete sheets get it. Oh and some roll sheets, such as those needed to make the grimoire, aren't included in the stuff I gave you. If you need a roll thats not listed in your stuff, let me know.

Spoiler: THE TEN RULES OF MAGIC (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Derm
Dev
Sy
Berius
Midnight

Waitlisted:
Whisper
Aoi
Toaster
Nav
Yottawhat
Voidslayer
Akhier the Dragon hearted
Unraveller
Rautherdir
Egan
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:29:52 pm by piecewise »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 12:29:59 am »

((Here's a sheet.))

Name: Bill
Backstory: Since the day he was born, Bill was raised to do one thing. He was meant to take over his father's butcher shop. When that didn't pan out (because a wizard blew it up), he turned to wizard hunting.
HP: 6
Strength: 8 14
Dexterity: 12 16
Mind: 18
Wizard level: 0
Affinity: Metal
Inventory d4: 4
Equipment 1: [6][9] A small lead bar
Equipment 2: [2][14] Meat cleaver (d6)
Equipment 3: [5][11] Standard Armor
Equipment 4: [6][20] Grimoire
Money: [1][1] None
Quirk: [1] Nope
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:04:30 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:30:37 am »

IIIIIIIN~ before even reading OP I'm so excited new PW game

Name: Gordon "Goddamn" Freeman
Backstory: Nobody's quite sure where he came from, or who he is, but one thing is certain: he's not 100% sane. Also; not 100% harmless. More like 14%.
HP: 2
Strength: 11
Dexterity: 17
Mind: 10
Wizard Level: 0
Affinity: Shotgun
Inventory:
A steel file
Music Box
Bolt cutters
11 silver
no quirk
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:00:27 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 12:31:15 am »

Oh yes.

Name:   Marcus
Backstory:   Marcus gonna punch a bitch. Marcus gonna judo slam a bitch to the floor! Marcus gonna make earth swallow the idiot who thought he could get one over on Marcus!  Marcus needs to do this for daughter. Marcus needs to earn money so daughter can BE SUCCESSFUL.  Marcus doesn't know what little girl wants to do but SHE WILL BE THE BEST AT IT. Marcus lost wife in tragic wizard firestorm. Marcus also lost most of his skin. Marcus was left on the street with an adorable child! MARCUS WILL PROVIDE.
Strength: 11 (Reroll 3 ) 13
Dexterity: 13   
Mind:        9    (reroll 1)  9  (Reroll 2)  10

Health?: 5

Wizard Level: 0
Affinity: Earth/Metal. Basically an avatar Earthbender.
Inventory:

Caltrops (D4
damage against
unarmored
feet)

Hourglass in a
metal frame.

50 silver

-50 silver for heavy armor.

Heavy Armor

Full body burn scars
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:49:03 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 12:32:52 am »

Name: Beethro Budkin
Backstory: Retired Smitemaster.  After a lifetime of roaches and dungeons and traps, how hard could wizards be?

Strength: 15
Dex: 14
Mind: 10
HP: 1

Element: Sword

Collapsable Pole
Unlit Torch
Nothing
Guitar

Soldier's Weapon (really big sword)
Standard Armor
Unreasonable Acid

No quirk.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:50:14 am by Devastator »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 12:36:03 am »

Sure Syv, you can play

Spoiler: waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:29:58 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 12:48:39 am »

((Well, I've certainly be beaten to the punch, but waitlisting nonetheless.))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 12:55:41 am »

PTW

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 12:56:12 am »

((Derm, you affinity stealer.  :P That was the one thing I had down before I started rolling stuff.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 12:59:19 am »

((Derm, you affinity stealer.  :P That was the one thing I had down before I started rolling stuff.))

Well ONE of us is going to have to change.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 01:00:20 am »

((Well I obviously can't. I left my spare change of affinity on the bus. Wait. Why can't we both have it and combine our magic for spectacular shenanigans?))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 01:04:50 am »

((Well I obviously can't. I left my spare change of affinity on the bus. Wait. Why can't we both have it and combine our magic for spectacular shenanigans?))

Marcus don't share. Marcus gonna blow a gasket.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 01:06:16 am »

Well. Wizards.
I'm gonna leave this be for now, actually. Got a bunch on my plate and can't take on another RP project right this second.

I will undoubtedly make a character for it at some point though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 01:10:30 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 01:12:38 am »

[Snip]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:26:30 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53