Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 74873 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2016, 12:29:44 pm »

Also, would lycanthropy be a valid affinity?
((@Rauth, no.  You can't exactly hold lycanthropy in your hand.  You might be allowed to have "werewolf" as your affinity, but I'd recommend against it--you want something general.))
((It would actually depend on if it is a curse or a disease. You could hold a vial of lycanthropy if it was a disease. Though general is probably the better route to go (so even if you could choose lycanthropy you should instead go for general were disease so you could also have things like werebear and wereslime). At the very least though make it very much central to your character. My wait list character rolled the mech limb as a quirk so I chose Prosthetics for mine. Final Edit: Though of course it all falls on PW with what can be chosen))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 12:36:24 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2016, 12:33:50 pm »

Stick with Beethro if recon happens. If not, see about hauling the unconcious raider somewhere we can interrogate him. Or help out the townsfolk if they still need help.

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2016, 01:29:47 pm »

((@Rauth, no.  You can't exactly hold lycanthropy in your hand.  You might be allowed to have "werewolf" as your affinity, but I'd recommend against it--you want something general.))
((It would actually depend on if it is a curse or a disease. You could hold a vial of lycanthropy if it was a disease. Though general is probably the better route to go (so even if you could choose lycanthropy you should instead go for general were disease so you could also have things like werebear and wereslime). At the very least though make it very much central to your character. My wait list character rolled the mech limb as a quirk so I chose Prosthetics for mine. Final Edit: Though of course it all falls on PW with what can be chosen))

Those were my thoughts on it. (I would probably choose Therianthropy instead if I'm allowed to for my affinity, or have lycanthropy as my quirk if PW allows it.) Rolling up a character right now, should have a character in the waitlist soon.

Although, thinking about it...
Lycanthropy as quirk and shadow for my affinity. (Classically it would count as an element along with light.) This would be my preference if both are allowed by PW.

Edit: Can you use one of your stat rerolls for your health?

Edit2: Character sheet with two rerolls left, to be changed as the answers to above questions are provided.
Spoiler: Shaarin (click to show/hide)

Edit 3: Character sheet that has used all rerolls. I'm assuming that rerolling money would be both dice again.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:49:59 pm by Rautherdir »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2016, 02:29:25 pm »

((PTW'ing so damn hard.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »

"Great job, Alanna. Now, we must see what puny raider knows!"

"He's unconcious."

"Not big problem. Pain is great motivator!"

TIme for interrogation! WHERE IS YOUR BASE? HOW MANY OF THERE ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOUR ARMAMENTS?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2016, 03:05:33 pm »

Gordon pats Marcus on the back.
"Hey there, violence will never get us anywhere."
He smiles. That statement was not even slightly truthful. He looks at the bandit.

Looks like I get good cop. If the unconscious bandit wakes up, reassure him.
"Now, I'm sure you want to go back home, wherever that may happen to be, and we'll be happy to let you go if you just help us out a little."

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2016, 03:28:25 pm »

((Hmm.  I distinctly remember PW saying you can use rerolls for HP too, but I checked this thread and my old PMs about WIZARDS, and there are no mentions of rerolling HP.  I think he mentioned it in reference to NuER, which uses the same system.  So, I'm pretty sure you can reroll HP, but it is possible PW decided it's a bad idea in this system for whatever reason.))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2016, 03:31:10 pm »

((Hmm.  I distinctly remember PW saying you can use rerolls for HP too, but I checked this thread and my old PMs about WIZARDS, and there are no mentions of rerolling HP.  I think he mentioned it in reference to NuER, which uses the same system.  So, I'm pretty sure you can reroll HP, but it is possible PW decided it's a bad idea in this system for whatever reason.))
Hmm.. I'll wait for an official verdict then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2016, 03:42:22 pm »

((Hmm, might be interesting if you could reroll money, items, and traits as well.
Or might be broken. Who knows! :P))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »

((Hmm, might be interesting if you could reroll money, items, and traits as well.
Or might be broken. Who knows! :P))
Lets just say you can reroll ANYTHING but you only get three rerolls.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:02 pm »

I reroll your face.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2016, 09:54:35 pm »

((I should have saved one of my rerolls for ingame then))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2016, 12:42:26 am »

Assertions that a magical disease is something that can be held in the hand

Urge to kill rising..

You could just pick 'Wolf', say..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2016, 11:11:00 pm »

((soundtrack of this evening's posting was the ZOMBI soundtrack by Goblin))

Those were my thoughts on it. (I would probably choose Therianthropy instead if I'm allowed to for my affinity, or have lycanthropy as my quirk if PW allows it.) Rolling up a character right now, should have a character in the waitlist soon.

Although, thinking about it...
Lycanthropy as quirk and shadow for my affinity. (Classically it would count as an element along with light.) This would be my preference if both are allowed by PW.

Edit: Can you use one of your stat rerolls for your health?

Edit2: Character sheet with two rerolls left, to be changed as the answers to above questions are provided.

Edit 3: Character sheet that has used all rerolls. I'm assuming that rerolling money would be both dice again.
Shadow as an affinity is a bit odd because while I suppose you can technically hold it in your hand, or rather let it fall on your hand, it isn't a real thing so much as it is an absence of something. And it has no physical form so it can't be used to injure someone or damage things, just create areas that lack light.

Oh and Lycanthropy as it is ain't gonna be a thing. Now, if you wanted to, say, have a wolf's head which gives you an enhanced melee attack, we can do that, because that will rob you of the ability to speak and make villagers hateful of you if they see it because they hate magic and other bullshit. And thats something with a positive and negative.

Hey, wait, Beethro has a torch, the better to search with.

Could I retcon that a little?  Just as long as at least one of Bill or Gordon watches my back.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
You have an unlit torch, this is true, but you have nothing on you to light it with and no magic to conjure  a flame. I took a look at gordon and Bill's inventory and none of them have anything to light a torch with either. I'll also point out that, had you wanted to light your torch before running off into the darkness, you probably should have said so. As it is it seems like both you and your character got so caught up in chasing the raiders that you didn't think to light your torch except in hindsight.

However, you could now light your torch either on the burning building or from one of the still burning torches the raiders dropped. Or just grab one of their torches and use it to search.

Oh god, she tricked me!  And now she's silently hiding in the darkness waiting for me to let down my guard again!  Well, I learned a trick too--run in the opposite direction from her while not screaming!

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

You roll onto your hands and knees and struggle up, still coughing and a bit dizzy.  At this point you can see the burning house in the distance, as well as dozens of torches bobbing around in the dark. The lower district looks like a tiny model village illuminated by burning match heads; distant and unreal. You consider, for a moment, heading back there and meeting up with your team. They might be worried about you; might be looking for you right this very moment. Then you remember your horribly crippling social anxieties and general interpersonal retardation and decide to instead scamper off into the darkness. You trot forward blindly, hands held in front of you, until you eventually find the wall of the cathedral. Then you follow it, walking until you reach the far corner, the one formed by the side wall and the back wall. It's about as far from the lower distinct and any living human as possible, and so lost in the shadows that the only way you can make any guess of your heading or location is by using the stained glass window and the distant shimmering light of the lower district as a guide. Otherwise you literally cannot see your hand in front of your face.

Stick with Beethro if recon happens. If not, see about hauling the unconcious raider somewhere we can interrogate him. Or help out the townsfolk if they still need help.

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
"Great job, Alanna. Now, we must see what puny raider knows!"

"He's unconcious."

"Not big problem. Pain is great motivator!"

TIme for interrogation! WHERE IS YOUR BASE? HOW MANY OF THERE ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOUR ARMAMENTS?
Gordon pats Marcus on the back.
"Hey there, violence will never get us anywhere."
He smiles. That statement was not even slightly truthful. He looks at the bandit.

Looks like I get good cop. If the unconscious bandit wakes up, reassure him.
"Now, I'm sure you want to go back home, wherever that may happen to be, and we'll be happy to let you go if you just help us out a little."

Bill, Gordon and Marcus gather around the unconscious raider. In the glow of the burning storehouse, they get their first good look at the man: he's young, maybe 20, with a shaved head and pale skin. He's quite skinny as well, with several scars visible on his forearms, hands and face. His face is covered in blood from his nose, but they can tell he's missing teeth  and he's got a case of boxer's ears, all swollen with scar tissue.  He's a man who has seen more than his share of fights, that much is for sure.  His clothing is clearly stolen; his jacket and shirt are too long for him, his pants are too short, and everything is wildly different in terms of style and color. The ironbark armor is extremely crude, sewn on by someone who clearly has no idea how to sew. Just a tangled mass of threads clinging to the metal. 

"Hey." Bill whispers, looking up from the raider, "We should probably get this guy somewhere away from the townsfolk. "

"Why?" Marcus responds, prodding the body with his foot

"Because if they lynch him we can't get any information out of him."

Gordon rests his shotgun on his shoulder, and scans the growing crowd of townsfolk, most of whom are still watching the storehouse burn, before leaning in close and speaking quietly, "I think he's got a point there."

"Get his legs, I'll get his arms. We'll take him back to the inn, I've got a room there."

"Wait, you have a room at the inn?  I've been sleeping on damp straw and meal worms!"

"Marcus thinks that such accommodations build character! Put hair on Marcus' chest and undercarriage."

"Does it put hair on Alanna's chest too?" Gordon asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No one knows, for Marcus has beaten to death anyone who has tried to check." He cracks his knuckles as he says this.

"Just grab is damn feet!"

The Trio carries the unconscious raider back to the inn, awkwardly sharing his weight between the three of them.  A few villagers take notice of them and ask questions, but they wave them away. When they reach the Inn, the innkeeper is standing out in the great room, relighting the candles on all the tables.

"What is this!" He shouts as Bill and Gordon drag the body in and start heading up stairs.

"The fruits of moral living and daily exercise" Marcus says, closing the front door behind them and grabbing a chair and a lit candle as he follows behind the other two. "Marcus will return these in more or less the same condition! Probably. "

Once up in the room they close and lock the door before putting the chair down in the middle of the room and dumping the raider onto it. They maneuver it so that his tied up hands are behind the chair back. Alanna sits down on the bed while the three men crowd together around the unconscious man.

"WHERE IS YOUR BASE!? HOW MANY OF THERE ARE YOU!? WHAT ARE YOUR ARMAMENTS!?" Marcus shouts at the man. The raider's only reaction is to slide slightly further down in his chair.

"Maybe you should wake him up first?" Alanna suggests with a hint of exasperation.

"Excellent suggestion!" Marcus says, grabbing the man by the shoulders and shaking him wildly. Partially dried globs of coagulated blood fly off his face and shirt and splatter the room, getting everywhere but mostly covering Marcus, who seems completely oblivious to it.  The man groans and seems to be coming back to his senses.

For a man whose defining feature is being mute, he sure is good at persuasion roll [3]

Gordon steps in, shoving Marcus out of the way and leaning down close to the raider's face. "Hey there, pal. Rough night, huh?"  He says, speaking louder to be heard over the raider coughing up a fair bit of blood that has run down into his mouth and throat. 

"Fuck off." The raider says, his voice distorted by his broken nose. He still seems somewhat dazed.

Gordon smiles. "A fair proposition of how to spend an evening, but I'm afraid I can't do that just yet. See, I have this problem; there's some information I want and it has unfortunately decided to make its home in your head." Gordon taps the raider on the forehead as he says this.

"I ain't telling you shit."

"I'm a problem solver by nature, my friend, so I just can't let that pesky info fester in your head. As I see it there are two ways to go about this: Verbal and Mechanical. The first involves me saying some combination of words that attracts that info and causes it to scurry on out here. The second is that I have our mutual acquaintance," He jerks a thumb towards Marcus, "dig around in there by hand until we find it."

The Raider is wearing a hard face but his eyes are locked on Marcus.

"And of course, the first one is much easier so when we're done I'll still have the energy to do something this evening. We might even be able to take a nice walk on out of town, out into the countryside where its nice and open and free.  But that second one, well, thats gonna leave us all pretty tried, I would guess. I'd probably head right back to bed afterward and just have to let the townsfolk see to your well being." Gordon shrugs.  "So whatcha think? You think I can talk that juicy worm out of your head?"

The raider glances from Gordon to Marcus and back again for several seconds before snorting and spitting out a glob of blood.

"What do you want?" he asks, quietly.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2016, 11:38:49 pm »

Alanna stares at the raider flatly. "Location and population of your camp or camps, number and location of people on lookout, general overview of armaments, spots you tend to ambush people on the roads and tactics when doing so."

'So smart!' Marcus thinks, fatherly pride surging at this most efficient interrogation.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53