Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 75470 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 01:23:06 am »

HNNNNGGG.  MidnightJaguar is best jaguar!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 01:46:28 am »

((Just realized, PW, I'm gonna need rolls or the table for the Grimoire creation.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 03:08:49 am »

((Just realized, PW, I'm gonna need rolls or the table for the Grimoire creation.))

Lemme do that for ye. But first, an explanation.

Grimoires are magical tomes which allow creatures to be summoned. They have a varying number of creatures which can be summoned without counting against your mind stat, but each creature can be summoned only once. If the creature dies or is de-summoned, it is gone for good. All creatures have stats determined by the power of the book.

Your Grimoire is
Rust colored
Has three summons
Each creature has 3d6 stats, d10 damage. 2d6 HP,  and us the Size of a cow or horse
The first is a mixture of a scorpion and a cobra, and is made of fungus.
The second is a boa constrictor made of hardened amber.
The third is a tarantula.

Looks like Berius, Egan, Derm, Dev and Midnight are our players and Whisper and Sy are sitting on the sidelines, cheering for unfortunate accidents.

It's Midnight here and my eyes are burning so I'm off to bed, but tomorrow morning I'll set you up and set you loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjuEGoWCWk

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 03:13:42 am »

Actually, it was worked out over IRC that Midnight is giving his spot to syv.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 08:50:57 am »

Name: Jade, The Spelunking Librarian
Backstory: She's been wandering around hunting lizards in libraries in hopes of finding the one who ate her family during when father carelessly read a story from book he snatched from wandering library.

HP: 1
Strength: 13
Dexterity: 11 14
Mind: 17
Wizard Level: 0
Affinity: Lizards

Inventory:
  Flimsy Armor
  A small green gecko in a jar
  Ball point pen
  20 ft of rope
Money: 21 copper

Quirk: None
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 11:15:00 am »

Despite my much lowered forum time lately, I can't bring myself to pass this up.

Name:  Thrakor
Backstory:  Thrakor is obsessed with the call of magic.  Despite knowing the devastation wizards have caused, he is convinced that with enough wizard power, he can save the world... or at least rule it.

HP: 5
Strength:  9 9
Dexterity:  10 10 10
Mind:  14
Wizard Level:  0
Affinity:  Crystal
Inventory:
  Wig
  91 Silver

Quirk:  None

Man, I had a serious penchant for rolling the same things twice.   (EDIT:  Just kidding; realized I was only supposed to roll 1d4 times on the inventory table, not 4:  no more dual pillow.)

Buy stuff now or wait until ingame?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:21:13 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 11:32:53 am »

Yeah, PW I gave my spot to Syv.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 01:01:04 pm »

Name: Jellena
Backstory: A rugged and dashing barbarian gentlewoman adventurer.

HP: 5
Strength: 7 5 16
Dexterity: 11
Mind: 9 12

Wizard level: 0
Affinity: Glass

A dozen animal pelts
Rapier (d10)
Mask
Rope ladder (30 foot)
1 silver
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:06:21 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 01:32:20 pm »

...(EDIT:  Just kidding; realized I was only supposed to roll 1d4 times on the inventory table, not 4:  no more dual pillow.)...

Oh, I missed that part too. Perhaps because it was on last sentence on the paragraph and everybody seemed to have four items. The roll afterwards came out as 4, so I can happily keep the useless stuff I got.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 02:38:23 pm »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 04:14:49 pm »

Alright then, Beirus, Egan, Derm, Dev and sy instead.  With Midnight, whisper, Aoi, toaster and NAV waiting in the wings.  Everyone, keep track of your own sheets please, and repost them when you make a post. Makes things much easier for me. If you don't understand how something works, let me know.

Buy stuff now or wait until ingame?
Your choice but it may be better to wait. Just to be more tactical in what you buy after seeing whats going on when you come in.

"Two caravans! Half a dozen bales of spearwheat, six cases of iron bark, At least 10 crates of puncture melons, not to mention the carts, crawlers and men!"

The mayor looks a great deal like an animate tomato with a mustache. Every inch of visible flesh is fat, bulbous, and increasingly red. He paws at the ledger in front of him with overstuffed sausage fingers.  The buttons of his white hemp undershirt strain to contain his heaving chest as he shouts. He's wedged in behind the table, in the corner of this office of his, with documents, stacks of coins, several ledgers and an assortment of empty tankards and plates spread out around him. 

"Three months they've been camped out there, claiming half our lands for themselves. Stealing food at night, doing unspeakable things with the livestock!" He slams a meaty fist on the table, causing several neat stacks of coins to collapse. "I've formed a militia to defend our homes but none of them are willing to brave the iron woods and bring the fight to those vermin. Lead by a wizard, they are." He spits on the floor. "S'why I've sent for you lot. We're sending out another caravan in three days time, and this time they must get through."

The Mayor stands, the boards of his office creaking greatly under his weight, and walks to the small window across from his desk. His office, tucked away as it is in the rafters of an impossibly large cathedral, looks out not only on the other structures built into the roof and walls, but also out stained glass window that overlooks the fields outside. Fields of metal, aluminum foil grass, branching streetlight trees with metal fruit that burst like nail bombs, acres of spear wheat and a forest of iron pillars rising hundreds of feet all. He rests his hands on the window sill and stares out, drumming stubby nails against the wood.

"We rely on trade. Our harvests are valuable and they let us buy food that we cannot grow.  No seed a man can eat will grow in a soil of steel, no river flows but those of quicksilver or molten lead.  We are on our last reserves. Anymore and we'll have to abandon this place." He turns back around and points a finger square at the group. "Kill those bandits. Bring me the head of that gods damned wizard captain of theirs and I will pay its weight in silver."

He settles back down behind his desk and stares at you, waiting.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 04:16:19 pm »

Name: Douglas Douglas
Backstory: Son of a blacksmith, Douglas Douglas was casted out from a early age due to eating too many tools. He joined the Mage Hunter Guilt in hopes of good food.

HP:1
Strength:14
Dexterity:10
Mind:7
Wizard Level:0
Affinity: Sand
Inventory: D4: 4
(6)(17):Eightball
(3)(1): Unlit Torch
(3)(1): Unlit Torch
(3)(7): Crutch
(10 silver) Big Hammer d8 damage
(10 silver) Tools: Hammer, Nails, Saw, 5x 20ft bundle of rope, backpack, toolbelt.

Money: (3)(1):20 silver
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 04:49:21 pm »

"Do you know of anything this wizard can do? Does he focus on fire, water, or is he a generalist? I'll kill them either way, but it'd be nice to have some idea of what they can do."

Ask a question.

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2016, 05:52:06 pm »

Gordon grins in a not quite comfortable way, and laughs.
"Sounds good, man. I'll see the rest of you fools in the forest!"
Run off into town to purchase a d8 double-barrel breech-loading shotgun for 10sp and a crowbar for 1sp.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:13:11 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »

"Marcus gonna hold you to your word. Marcus is worried about what bandits might do to his daughter. Marcus accepts the job! Marcus gonna go bust some heads. Marcus expects a weight mesure for when he returns."

Marcus gonna go find some transportation. Marcus also gonna tell his kid he's going out for a while. Marcus knows a guy, she can stay with him for a while.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53