Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 75585 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2017, 11:15:22 pm »

Check to see if that strange man is still laying where he was. Think about what the best way would be to seduce this man.
If he's still sleeping there, grab a bowl of soup before returning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2017, 11:57:59 pm »

Eat meal.  Take jar of flame syrup, and secure the wizard's head, after eating.  Grab the cooking gear and the flint and steel as well.  And the book of recipes   Examine the compass, and wonder at this unknown object.  Wonder if this world is flat.

"Eat up guys, we can head back, get paid, and get drunk when we're ready.  That all went pretty well."

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:00:05 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2017, 10:21:07 pm »

"All I'm saying is that 'A wizards staff has a knob on the end' is a classic of the form-"

"Who even taught you that one? I WILL WRING THEIR NECK FOR SPOUTING SUCH FILTH TO YOUR EARS!"

"I can see you trying not to laugh."

"LIES!"

Uh. Rest... up? I don't know whats going on.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

You sit with Alanna and eat. The bowls these bandits have are crude and uncomfortable to hold when filled with hot food but the food is good at the very least. And Alanna seems to be enjoying herself, looking through that book of edibles. Her mother was the same, always with the books.  You could never quite understand it, but it made her happy. You swallow a mouthful of soup and tongue a bit of meat stuck between your teeth while rubbing the burn scars on your arm. How many more wizards would it take to buy her the future she deserves.  The ax wound in your side reminds you with each breath the dangers of this line of work. But Alanna will have her future no matter what. You will not fail again.

Eat meal.  Take jar of flame syrup, and secure the wizard's head, after eating.  Grab the cooking gear and the flint and steel as well.  And the book of recipes   Examine the compass, and wonder at this unknown object.  Wonder if this world is flat.

"Eat up guys, we can head back, get paid, and get drunk when we're ready.  That all went pretty well."

You finish your bowl and then another and spend a good half an hour watching everyone else finish their food. A full belly, a dead wizard and not a single lost limb; its been a good day. You look up at the sky and try to judge the time through the strange multi-color auroa that seems to be hanging heavily over the world today. Noon, or there abouts probably. You stand up, stretch, rub your belly, and get to work. You dump the rest of the soup out of the pot for the two summons to eat and do your best to clean it out with a bit of the weak booze before dumping the bowls, the iron pan, and the forks and knives into it. If anyone is still eatting you leave their bowls with them for the moment.  You hand the flint and steel back to Alanna and let her keep the cook book, since she seems to be rather enthralled with it. You strap the pot and its contents to your backpack before wondering back to the pile of loot and grabbing the compass. It's an odd thing, octagonal in shape and made of brass. It looks like a small box until you open the lid and find the small glass window covering a compass face.
[10]
Or at least it looks like a compass. You hold it up in the direction you know to be north and it points in an entirely different direction. And while its not uncommong for compasses to fail to work, especially in certain places, this one seems to be failing in a consistant way. Its not just spinning in all directions, its always pointing in a particular south westerly direction. You close it up and think for a moment about the shape of the world.
[7]
You know the world before wizards was round; but after wizards its hard to say. You've seen nothing that would make you think its flat, and you're pretty sure you've seen it curve away at long distances. But you're not entirely convinced either way. You shrug and stuff the compass into your pocket before snatching up one of the Flame syrup bottles and the Wizard's head. You rip some fabric from the dead gunman's clothing and use it to wrap up the head before sticking it in your bag. Better than letting it leak all over everything.

Check to see if that strange man is still laying where he was. Think about what the best way would be to seduce this man.
If he's still sleeping there, grab a bowl of soup before returning.

Continue to sleep, dreaming of safety and metal cocoons.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
The strange man hasn't moved, even though the music box ran out of power long ago. You carefully stand up and sneak away to grab a bowl of food. You wave to the rest as they eat and use your bowl to scoop some out for yourself. You're about to head back when you think of something. You grab another of the bowls and fill it up as well. You carry the two bowls back out and set one of them down next to the sleeping man before returning to your spot. You sit and watch, sipping your soup, waiting to see if the smell of food would awaken the man.

"That food smells good. Just what I need after all that killing and mental fuckery. I'm gonna go test some stuff over there. You folks should probably stay back for your own safety." Bill pauses for a moment before adding, "Alanna, was it? Good job."

Eat if the food is ready. Then grab 2 bottles of flame syrup, a bedroll, some of those metal acorns, and that metal saw. Then walk a bit away from the others with my summons. Keep my summons at a good distance away from me while I check myself for any abnormalities and try to figure out what I can do, using the environment as a test subject, or the metal acorns or my lead bar.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

((You don't need to put anything on your sheet.))

You walk over to the camp with your summons in tow and grab a bowl of soup for yourself. You drink it dry in a few good gulps and chew the mouthful of veggies and meat while handing the empty bowl back to Beethro.  Once you've finished that, you walk to the pile of loot and grab two of the bottles of flame syrup, as well as a bed roll, the metal saw and a handful of the metal acorns. You stick all of your plunder in your bag before heading out.  You let your summons stay and have their fill of soup while you walk a good distance away from the group. Better to be a good way away before you try to use any of this. Once you've put a few hundred feet between yourself and your team you strip down and check yourself over as best you can, looking for any sort of abnormalities. The closest thing you can find is a bruise on your back from where that guy shot you. You get dressed again and sit down on the hard metal ground.

((Here's the point where you have to do something more than say "Test my abilities."  It doesn't work like that. As the rules say (at least I'm pretty sure they do on your section) magic works like this: You do magic by thinking or saying what you want to happen. You can use letters equal to the number of wizard levels you have. So your spells will be a single word.  So I'll do it for you this time, but from here on out, its up to you guys. By the way, the part I have for magic casting in there talks about how you lose 1 mind per cast right? And how we assume that regens every hour if used out of combat?))

You pull one of the metal acorns out of your pocket and hold it on the palm of your hand. You stare at it intently and bite your bottom lip. "Float".
[1][7]

The acorn shudders in your hand and gray-blue wisps of light drift out of it like condensation off dry ice. It lifts off your hand and hovers a few inches above your palm for 10 or 15 seconds before dropping back down.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2017, 10:38:30 pm »

Pocket the octagonal compass.Test the hypothesis that it may be pointing towards the nearest wizard, which would be Bill.    Begin heading back to the cathedral.

"Aight, I think I'm set.  Let's head back, get paid, and party.  We can think of tomorrow tomorrow."

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:25:40 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2017, 10:46:03 pm »

((Ah, my bad. I misunderstood the part about words and thought we got a single, pre-defined word per level. And the Mind stuff is in there.))

Go rejoin the others. Head back whenever we head back.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:33:47 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »

Oh and by the way, everyone that eats, which is everyone but sy for the moment gets +1 str for 24 hours.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2017, 11:26:04 pm »

Oh and by the way, everyone that eats, which is everyone but sy for the moment gets +1 str for 24 hours.

Does that happen every time you eat a meal?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2017, 11:39:22 pm »

Does that happen every time you eat a meal?
If its a good, well made meal. Eating a piece of bread mid fight won't help you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2017, 11:58:50 pm »

Continue Sigh-taming.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:11 am »

"Alriiight, time to hit the road!"

"Marcus wonders how much wizards head weighs compared to silver. Divided so many ways... Hurm."

"Yeah, good point. Yo magic man, do you think you could hollow out his skull and fill it with lead or something?"

Townward ho!

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2017, 12:43:28 am »

In case you're wondering, a silver coin weighs about 30 grams, a human head about 11 lbs. So a head's weight in silver is about 166 coins.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:10 am »

41 coins each, assuming that Sigh gets an appropriate wage for a lazy bastard, and Alanna gets nothing because she's an apprentice or something.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2017, 03:54:14 pm »

((But Alanna's been one of the most helpful team members, probably second only to Beirus, who is just ridiculously OP.))

syv wakes up with a happy stretch, then sniffs at the bowl of soup.  Just as he picks it up, he notices Gordon watching him--and immediately freezes, staring back unblinking.

Engage in staring contest with Gordon.  If he looks away, scramble to safety behind a nearby tree and eat my meal.  Otherwise, just watch to ensure he doesn't attack.

If the team does end up leaving, stealthily follow behind, as always.  They're proving extremely safe to follow.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2017, 12:24:28 am »

Pocket the octagonal compass.Test the hypothesis that it may be pointing towards the nearest wizard, which would be Bill.    Begin heading back to the cathedral.

"Aight, I think I'm set.  Let's head back, get paid, and party.  We can think of tomorrow tomorrow."

When Bill returns you walk straight up to him and hold the compass up near his face. The needle does not waver and continues to point to the south west, away and to the left of Bill. Hmm. You close the compass and frown. Bill gives you a quizzical look and you wave your hand dismissively.

"Nothing Bill, just testing something."

((But Alanna's been one of the most helpful team members, probably second only to Beirus, who is just ridiculously OP.))

syv wakes up with a happy stretch, then sniffs at the bowl of soup.  Just as he picks it up, he notices Gordon watching him--and immediately freezes, staring back unblinking.

Engage in staring contest with Gordon.  If he looks away, scramble to safety behind a nearby tree and eat my meal.  Otherwise, just watch to ensure he doesn't attack.

If the team does end up leaving, stealthily follow behind, as always.  They're proving extremely safe to follow.

Continue Sigh-taming.

Sy shivers and awakes with a start. His head whips around at a slobber loosening rate and he breathes rapid hissing breaths through his teeth. After a few moments of this he seems to realize that he's not currently being chewed on by anything and starts to settle down. As he eases himself back down, he notices the soup near him and then looks straight at Gordon. Gordon is sitting crosslegged by the tree, empty bowl held in one hand that's resting in his lap. He could pass as a monk begging for alms if not for the shotgun laying next to him. Gordon looks back at him and the two sit in absolute silence and stillness, eyes locked. After a few seconds Sy very deliberately lowers one hand and picks up the bowl near him. Eyes still locked on Gordon, he raises the bowl to his lips and slurps it down. As soon as he's finished, he gently returns the bowl to where it had been, blinks once at Gordon, and then scurries away. Gordon watches him go and picks up the bowl. He joins up with the rest of the group and hands the bowls back to Beethro, who stows them in the cooking pot.

"Thanks for the soup, Big nose."

"Mhm" Beethro grunts as he secures the pot back in place.

"That skittish guy seemed to like it"

"Maybe he'll actually help next time." He says as he shoulders his pack.

"I don't think whatever's wrong with him is fixed with soup."

"Mhm"

"Alriiight, time to hit the road!"

"Marcus wonders how much wizards head weighs compared to silver. Divided so many ways... Hurm."

"Yeah, good point. Yo magic man, do you think you could hollow out his skull and fill it with lead or something?"

Townward ho!

((Ah, my bad. I misunderstood the part about words and thought we got a single, pre-defined word per level. And the Mind stuff is in there.))

Go rejoin the others. Head back whenever we head back.

The road back is quiet. The sky rolls with pastel colors and the pillar trees twist and flow with luminous reflections. The forest is utterly silent and each footstep resounds with metallic echos that seem to ring on outward forever, never quite dying out. The group reaches the site of the first battle quickly; the smell of fire is still lingering around the shattered wagon. The bodies of fallen bandits are scattered about in a strangely stark way, trails of blood standing out against dully shining metal. The rest of the path back was just as quiet, though splattered with occasional spurts of Crawler blood.  The emergence back out into the open fields is blinding, the sun reflected off untold blades of metallic grass. Once everyone's eyes adjust they can see the group of people standing around outside the front doors of the Cathedral. They're milling around, distant blurry figures, but they soon notice the group and they all turn to stare.  No doubt the crawler, injured and spooked, returned home, and teased out a few interested parties. People waiting to see who, if anyone, made it back.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2017, 01:22:11 am »

Time for the hero moment.  Hold up the head while the crowd is watching us
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53