Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 75580 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:14 am »

Wave back in a jaunty manner as I walk up to the wagon.

WHY YES! I AM HERE TO JOIN YOU!…THAT IS TO SAY I AM HERE TO JOIN IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE THE PART OF THE WIZARD HUNTER GUILD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take a look at the oncoming person.  If it's someone new, hold fire.  If it's sigh, grab the rifle and give him a final warning before shooting.

(so that'll be six meals for that day, then?)

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)
Okay, okay, I'm trapped between two impossible options, and I already learned I can't hide here--the lightning found me last time I tried--so I need to set up an ambush.  And since I can't hide, an ambush is basically just charging forward to greet danger with screams and a tire iron to the face, before it snipes me.

Edit: In case it's unclear, danger is the guy who's following us.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
((Well, its been 1 day, so 5 meals, 4 if you don't feed sigh))
The man disappears behind a dune and then comes up a moment later, waving with both hands. Beethro squints at the man, rifle in hand. He certainly looks like a wizard hunter; ragged blue and purple clothing tucked under an iron breast plate and equally ragged hair poking out from under a metal conquistador's helmet he scavenged from god knows where.

Marcus cups his hands over his mouth and shouts, "HELLO! I AM MARCUS, ARE YOU HERE TO JOIN US?"

The man stops waving and shouts back "WHY YES! I AM HERE TO JOIN YOU!…THAT IS TO SAY I AM HERE TO JOIN IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE THE PART OF THE WIZARD HUNTER GUILD"

Beethro sighs and lowers his rifle. "WELL, COME ON THEN!"

The man starts climbing down the dune when Sigh comes screaming, literally screaming, out of behind another dune and charges straight over to the new guy. He does a flying tackle, knocking the man to the ground and swings his tire iron at the man's head, clanging it against his helmet several times.  [2-1 from armor=1 damage. hp to 4] Then, almost as quickly as he started, Sigh seems to see the man for the first time and erupts into terrified screams. These screams are slightly different from the terrified screams from before.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 21, 2017, 08:40:32 am »

"Why did Gordon bother with this man?"

Alanna shrugs.

"Right, well. Maybe a warning shot will make him go away. Is easy, just have to not hit him!"

Warning shot!

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 21, 2017, 12:19:52 pm »

"Grek"

Shoot sigh with my rifle.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2017, 12:44:53 pm »

Provided entertaining commentary on the murder attempts.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2017, 01:23:38 pm »

"Fleyshius?!  No!"

Dive on top of Fleyshius to protect him from the gunfire!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2017, 12:20:27 am »

Fleyshius will shake his head at the genius of Sighs new greeting.

Sigh?! Why fancy meeting you here, and with such an unorthodox greeting. Would never have considered a tire iron to the head before, but you have shown me the light!

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #486 on: February 24, 2017, 01:50:18 pm »

"Why did Gordon bother with this man?"

Alanna shrugs.

"Right, well. Maybe a warning shot will make him go away. Is easy, just have to not hit him!"

Warning shot!

"Grek"

Shoot sigh with my rifle.

Marcus points his rifle into the air and fires off a single round. The bang of the shot is strangely muffled out here in the wastes and doesn't seem to echo at all, making it seem as though the sound is somehow cut off.  Beethro, on the other hand, shoulders his rifle and takes aim at Sigh, who is sitting on top of the New Guy with a rather...well, there's no real word for an emotion that is a mix of absolutely terrified and strangely relieved at the same time. But he's making that kind of face. [1. 5 hp left] Despite deliberately aiming at Sigh, the shot is barely more than a warning shot, just grazing Sigh's shoulder. Sigh immediately drops down onto the new guy and its hard to tell if he's covering the man or if he's collapsed into some sort of instinctual fear hug.

Provided entertaining commentary on the murder attempts.

You sit crosslegged atop your spider, petting its furry thorax, and give a sarcastic running commentary as the events unfold.

"And it's a difficult shot, over 100 yards, with a water hazard nowhere to be seen. Beethro really has a lot riding on this shot. Maybe. He seems to dislike this Sigh guy, I guess. To be honest I haven't really been paying a lot of atten- OH he's taken the shot and missed entirely. Thats gotta feel bad. Lets see if we can get a reporter down there to get a word."

You send the chimera over to Beethro and it raises one big claw up to his face as though holding an invisible microphone.

"Hows it feel to suck?"

Fleyshius will shake his head at the genius of Sighs new greeting.

Sigh?! Why fancy meeting you here, and with such an unorthodox greeting. Would never have considered a tire iron to the head before, but you have shown me the light!

"Fleyshius?!  No!"

Dive on top of Fleyshius to protect him from the gunfire!

Meanwhile, Sigh is curled around Fleyshius like a boa around a hog, protecting him from gunfire. Fleyshius for his part, seems over all amused by the events unfolding, The clanging to the head was mildly unpleasant but the helmet made a pleasant sort of ringing noise so its not so bad, really.

"Sigh, as much as I appreciate your rather erratic greeting style, I think you've successfully got the point across by now."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:39 pm »

"... Marcus is thinking I will just go over and break it up myself."

"Good luck with the crazy."

"Marcus is good with crazy. Marcus married your mother, after all!"

"... what!?"

"Haha!"

Break it up you two, we got places to be.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:02:14 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 24, 2017, 07:46:52 pm »

((Was that damage including Sigh's armor, knocking a 2 down to a 1?  It could be relevant, if Beethro decides to continue shooting him.))

Sigh stares down at the man, his face a mask of confused terror and desperation.   He continues to babble in his strange half-hushed shout, suddenly scrambling away and gesturing simultaneously at both the oncoming Marcus, and the empty wastes that Fleyshius came from.  "Ahhh!  They're coming, they're coming Fleyshius, they don't understand, they're going to attack you, we need to run!"

Start trying to drag Fleyshius away, but don't force him into running if he doesn't want to run.  Definitely don't leave him, I can't lose him again.

Edit: Corrected HP.  Yay armor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2017, 09:37:39 pm »

Actually with your armor that should be 0 damage.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2017, 04:46:27 am »

"Seriously?  You're now dragging people away from the group?"

Another shot at sigh.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 04:50:55 am by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2017, 03:59:51 pm »

Call my Snakescorpion back. Use its senses along with the tarantula's to try to find anything interesting around here while the others try to murder eachother.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2017, 05:09:37 pm »

Hearing the shots, Fleshius stands up, and in an unhappy voice calls out. Ahem, GENTLEMEN, IF I MAY BE SO BOLD AS TO ASK. WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING AT US? After that he takes off running with sigh, good for the digestion not getting shot at by those madmen over there.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2017, 05:23:59 pm »

"Because I told that other guy there, in very clear terms, that if he wants to follow us and steal our food in this wasteland, he should fight with us.  He's had plenty of chances to decide to help us out or to just stay away.  When he showed up just now, the first thing he did was run forward and hit you on the head with a crowbar."

"He also doesn't seem willing or capable of talking it out or discussing things like a person.  This includes when hiding in our tent against lighting.  As such, I'm treating him like a creature, and trying to train him to not follow us."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:31:23 pm by Devastator »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2017, 12:14:08 pm »

A cowardlly beast? Sigh? Ill have you know that withib his frail exterior this man has the heart of a lion.
[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53