Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Lipstick Demon, Or That Time A Demon Enslaved The World By 205 AD  (Read 1965 times)

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--- Prologue ---

There once was a bored part-time narrator, full-time god. With a flick of a finger, this god created a land of wonder and life. With but a glance this god perceived the history of the world, all the legends, myths, and fables that would come to pass.
     The god then promptly cast the world aside, discarding the life and history of everything within it.
     Then the god flicked again. And again. And again.
     You'd think that this god was cruel or sadistic, creating countless worlds, allowing said worlds to thrive and progress, only to extinguish them as simply as one would blow out a small, insignificant candle. It would certainly seem this way to any outsider witnessing this spectacle. Nevertheless, this was not the gods intention. They were just simply bored.

Sometimes, something, somewhere in the current world would give the god pause. Great powers would shift and change, rippling through the lands. For example, a mighty dragon, destroyer of countless sites, devourer of many a person, would be slain by a random grizzly bear cub. Now imagine this kind of scenario occurring every god-forsaken time.
     Surely, you can imagine this gods frustration.
     With the ever-increasing need for entertainment, the god kept creating.

Then came... the one. The world was dubbed "Ledirxah," (Lead-ear-chz-ah) as all the good names had already been granted to the other numerous disappointments. T'was smaller than normal, and progressed only 250 years, yet this did little to diminish it's glory. It burned abnormally bright in it's beginning, actually causing the god to shield away for a moment.
     In that singular moment, absent of the gods gaze,... came the ripples. Shifts in the great powers suddenly burst forth, sending shivers down the god's spine. Finally, after the nigh-endless stream of creating and destroying, this was the world that the god wanted.

This was the world that the god Needed.

For the god needed FUN.

To be continued... uh, relatively soon.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:03:23 am by Torchwood202 »

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Shocking Turnabout, Or That Time A Demon Enslaved The World In 205 AD
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 08:22:50 am »

--- The Rest, I Guess ---

Let us just skip the whole dramatic narrator part and get to where the FUN begins...
(I guess I can still semi-narrate this)

A recent world I generated went through not two, not three, but four different ages in the span of 250 years... and it's all because of this guy- er, gal.

A female lizard demon by the name of "Bastsan Blossomedsinges, The Chaos of Burning" thrusted a slate spire through the earth, escaping the underworld without the aid of a deity. She had external ribs, looked gaunt/thin, scales of well-placed circles, and was mauve taupe, the color of sexy lipstick. She was most notable associated with painting, which I assume means she invented lipstick.

Anyway, Bastsan created her underground fortress "The Untamed Citadel" in Scourgewondered (once again, underground). Meanwhile, a band of goblins, infamous for flipping everyone off, decided to crash at her place and made it their capital. Bastsan decided to call them "The Mute Curses" and let them screw around as she was busy taming giant beetles in the underworld. The very first building the goblins constructed? A tavern called "The Spicy Plum". Ownership of said tavern changed with a rather funny frequency.

By the year 15, The Mute Curses were so many that they had to built their capital in the swamps above The Untamed Citadel in the Overworld. A marsh titan by the name of Iceib of the Tufted Lands would randomly appear every decade or so to kill off any wandering goblins that managed to survive the giant crocodiles populating the area.
     Meanwhile, The Mute Curses were somehow screwing about 50 miles away when they awakened a dragon. As custom to goblin greeting, they promptly flipped him off. Said dragon then literally beelined for the goblin capital, taking aproximently seven years to utter destroy everything in it's wake. When he finally arrived and somehow crammed himself into reaching The Untamed Citadel, Bastsan greeted him. Despite her sexy demonic charm and new line of lipstick, the dragon wasn't up for conversation and attacked her.
     Thus, the Age of Dragon and Marsh Titan progressed to the Age of Marsh Titan. In just the early year of 23.

Bastsan then took a sudden interest in the denizens of the Overworld, and began a crusade of biblical proportions. She took up the hobby of kidnapping humans, elves, and dwarves in order to test her newest eye shadower and lipgloss. She fed those same people to the giant crocodiles whenever she felt like it.
     By the year 73, Iceib the marsh titan kept appearing on and off, slaughtering several handfuls of goblins only to disappear for 10-20 years at a time. Maybe The Mute Curses convinced her with their crude sign languages. Maybe she actually cared for the little boogers. Whatever the case, Bastsan decided that Iceib must die.
     Not even a day passed before the newest age began.

Now that the world was thrusted into a golden age, stuff turned back to normal. The goblin capital thrived. The crocodiles kept over-stuffing themselves with abducted people. Life was great. Then... it happened.
     By the year 205, somehow, as impossible as it seems... Bastan and The Mute Curses enslaved the world. Literally every sentient race had been kidnapped and/or abducted. The Golden Age regressed into The Goblin Age from all the kidnapping. They were all crammed in the underground forts and dark pits that had flooded the lands. Literally. Everyone. The Overworld was dead. Only the Underground held everyone in a semi-slavery, semi-forced-citizen tyranny.

All because of one gal who had a knack of getting things done.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Lipstick Demon, Or That Time A Demon Enslaved The World By 205 AD
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 11:00:15 am »

Kewl, I enjoy a good read, keep it up and welcome.

Are you a long-time lurker?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 11:29:31 am »

° Heh. I once had a world get to the 127th (and counting, I cancelled the worldgen at that point I think) age of Fairy Tales. That was some tumoltuous, if useless history.

° Yeah. One of two big goblin advantages: Megabeasts → ⛭dragon parchment painting⛭

° If golden age regressed into goblin age...It doesn't mean that goblin civilization has the most people in it.

It just means that most of the people remaining alive in the world are goblins, Jim.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 11:42:23 am »

Can we see the save?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 12:46:46 pm »

Long time lurker, yes.

I am aware of how the ages work. However, whenever I went into the world in Adventure Mode, my character would always begin in a dark pit or underground fortress, no matter what race I picked. Apparently, that is where all the races reside... No aboveground ones that I can tell.

I'll put up the save soon. Erm... is it the DWarfFortress/Data/Saves/region folder or I manually export it within the game?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 03:01:11 am »

The entire region folder, preferably compressed. Each region is 1 world.

Sucks about starting underground, can be hard to find your way around.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 12:22:52 am »

Wow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.