Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 7: City Secured  (Read 15943 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 5: Lots of stuff happened, and it crashed :(
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2016, 10:53:28 am »

CHAPTER 1 TURN 7

Nirur Torir/Sarah and Serenity:
Holy Beam the Undead!
Holy Beam the Undead!
Circle the demon lord, preparing an attack while waiting for a good opportunity..
Deliver a devastating attack to the demon lord.
Serenity continues attacking imps.

(2) VS (6) The first beam does nothing but make the mad. They charge towards you with such fury that they trip over each other! (5) VS (1) The second beam however, instantly destroys them all. (+2 ExP, Ready to level up!) You feel a power surging within you, however you decide to ignore it, circling the demon lord, (5) finding the perfect time to strike him down! (+2 to next attack against DL) (4) VS (1) You leap at him, and drive your sword deep into his left eye! Somehow he's still alive, and he throws you off, but he's now half blind. Painful. (-2 to DL's actions.) You then turn your attention to the imp hordes, (5) VS (6) You charge into battle, killing imps left, right, center, and behind! Soon, IH1 is dead, IH2 has taken lots of casualties, and IH3 is ready to retreat. (Only 7 for killing 14 imps this time, because your technically level 2 already.) The soldiers are also rallied! (+2 to all battalion actions)

Dustan Hache/Ardal and Daerkern:
Dustan Hache and Ardal just sit there, doing nothing.

Rautherdir/Scarlet and Ghir:
..cough*cough.. Ghir's a male ..cough*cough.. Thanks TankKit.

Anyways, I'm not sure I was expecting that.

Scarlet: Mop up any imps near the Imp Lord battle

"So what if I can't kill you, I don't think you can survive this fight. This is an unfair fight and we all know it. So what if you can keep regenerating: We can still hit you. And don't tell me you aren't getting annoyed about this, you definitely  are with the way you've been talking."
Scarlet: Distract the Imp Lord from a distance

Ghir: Absorb the Imp Lord's essence

And if that was successful:
Scarlet and Ghir: Defend the gates

Spoiler: And if Ghir levels up: (click to show/hide)

On a completely unrelated note, actions in this RTD may, or may not, effect this RTD, so if you want to have an effect on this RTD, then you can go to this RTD. . . What, i'm just linking one of my own RTDs to one of my own RTDs :).

I'm already in a few games, I'll PTW it but not play.
"Are you really so sure it's an unfair fight? My brother never misses out on the fun." Suddenly, you hear a loud smashing noise behind you, and you turn around to see someone that looks exactly like the Imp King staring at you. Prehaps you should of stayed quite... The twin attacks you, and you (6) VS (5) Epicly flip away so that your back to back with the king, only to get in the same predicament as the king is currently in. Ghir (1) VS (2) gets punched through the floor, miracoulously not getting injured.

NRDL/Gaidar Nix and Kostya:
I'm gonna be away for a bit over Christmas, you can kill my character off or NPC him or whatever. It's been fun.
You both trip on a rock and die. Gaidar Nix and Kostya are dead.

killerhellhound/Yarrick and Farblood:
Seeing the king in a duel I go over and ruin it via hammers to the imp lords skull

Farblood keeps running around picking off wounded imps

(3) VS (3) You try to, but he punches you away. So instead you (5) kill all the severely injured and injured imp.

Legendary Marksdorf/Sorin and Lan:
You decide to start bashing your head on a rock.

TheBiggerFish/Eanis Theramis and Rescisco:
Eanis is a she, I should've said.

Now, let's magic the Imp King out of existence.  Rescisco should descend to help with the invaders in the city - levitate them and then magic bolt them.

(5) You draw a big amount of energy from the energy pool in the middle of the tower, and sent it directly into the Imp King's f- his brother got in the way. Well, atleast now his brother's dead, but now he looks pissed. (+3 to all Imp King's fighting actions, -3 to all others.) Meanwhile, Rescisco (2) VS (3) Gets kicked into a house. Ouch. (+5 ExP, Ready to level up.(Don't worry, leveling up will get much harder in the future.))

Gate Battle: (30) VS (8 ) It's a massacre for the imps and demon lord, and the gate is no secured, which means the melee battalions can work on clearing everything else, while the archers try to shoot the imps of the catapults.

Town Battle: (2) VS (2) The imps try to retreat, but they run into the battalions, who (logically) slaughter them.

Castle Battle: (6) VS (2) The king pushes the Imp King back, and slices of it's entire arm, that's gonna take a while to regenerate. (6) VS (6) They exchange blows, but neither manages to hit the other, (6) VS (1) Until the king drives his sword, deep through the Imp's heart, and cuts it's head off. After he has finished doing that, he orders a meeting of the dragon riders in the hall, at which he tells everyone to help prepare the defences for the next attack, for the battle's not over yet.

Everyone has: Light Burn Marks

Spoiler: Gaidar Nix and Kostya (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sorin and Lan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yarrick and Farblood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scarlet and Ghir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarah and Serenity (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:50:35 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 7: City Secured
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2016, 12:49:13 pm »

Now that the action's passed, let's join.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2016, 01:35:39 pm »

"An unfair fight it was. You should always have the capacity to fulfill your threats. I really must find out who killed that imp lord's brother though, won't you introduce yourself?"

Ghir: Absorb the Imp Lord's essence.
Ghir: Absorb Kostya's essence.
Scarlet: Find alchemy supplies.
Scarlet: Make healing potions.
Scarlet: Using Curse of the GM, Summon another alchemist to help me.

Spoiler: And if Ghir levels up: (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2016, 02:13:30 pm »

You forgot me

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2016, 02:18:13 pm »

You forgot me
Just have 2 turn's worth then.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

Just have 2 turn's worth then.
I could hardly think of enough actions to fill one turn, let alone two.

Agusto gives Carbo a bit of coal for his troubles.
Agusto will put on one of the extra sets of leather armor, those two don't need them anymore.

"So, what's the plan going to be then?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:55:51 pm by Failbird105 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »

How does leveling up work?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »

(So I got no exp?)

Give Farblood a good scratch for his good work and feed him some fire
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2016, 06:44:51 pm »

( i would do something, but I am not sure what I should do to upgrade my dragon. I don't really want to change the element, however...)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2016, 07:26:09 pm »

How does leveling up work?
Huh. I guess now is a good time to explain how leveling up works. It's pretty simple really, you give me another character sheet, detailing what you want your Dragon/Character to upgrade into, and I roll to see how well it goes! You can either improve one Trait and Skill, or get another Trait and Skill. Obviously you also grow in size(If it's the dragon) and get more 'hit points', You can also give the Dragon/Character upgrading a new name/title.
( i would do something, but I am not sure what I should do to upgrade my dragon. I don't really want to change the element, however...)
((I would improve your dragon's trait or skill. I don't think you change the element at all.))

Edit: almost double posted.

"Plan? Listen to what the King has to say, defend the castle, and stop dying. We've already lost two dragons and their owners, could you all please try not add to that count. For my part, I'm going to try and improve our odds of surviving the day intact. I might try and hash out an actual plan once we're all in the same room and I know what we're actually supposed to be doing."

Edit2: I set the subject title wrong, whoever posts after failbird please make sure it is Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 7: City Secured
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:09:32 pm by Rautherdir »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 5: Lots of stuff happened, and it crashed :(
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »

"Plan? Listen to what the King has to say, defend the castle, and stop dying. We've already lost two dragons and their owners, could you all please try not add to that count. For my part, I'm going to try and improve our odds of surviving the day intact. I might try and hash out an actual plan once we're all in the same room and I know what we're actually supposed to be doing."
"Sounds good to me."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2016, 09:16:31 pm »

Eanis: Level up.  I'd like a new skill along the lines of an action-effect-increasing buff.

Feed Rescisco some magic.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:14:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »

((Er, my dragon was supposed to kill the imps while I did other things, not me personally doing everything while my dragon sat down in the middle of the battlefield like a cat.))

Sarah levels up! She delves into her role as the group's beacon of divine strength. I'd like a trait that improves my Holy Light spell. Its divine warmth should inspire allies (or anything mostly mortal. I'm thinking humans siding with the demons who have received minor demonic enhancements might be boosted as well if I'm not careful and just cover the battlefield with it) struck, providing a morale bonus to fighting (and maybe a chance at certain other tasks requiring confidence, like jumping over a chasm or climbing a long rope). At the same time, it has a chance demoralize demons (or possessed humans) struck, being more likely on weaker targets.
Each target only gets one chance to be inspired/demoralized per turn.

Say a brief prayer, praising the warriors and thanking the fallen.
Try to retrieve my leather armor, now that the fighting is done.
On the way to the king's meeting, feed Serenity another Holy Light.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2016, 03:05:20 am »

Edit: NVM, I should probabaly read ahead before I post  ::)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:07:47 am by TankKit »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]