Button Push!!

Button push!
- 0 (0%)
Other Button Push!
- 4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 16, 2016, 02:02:22 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Re: GGPI>Artificial Intelligence>Military>Project AI.- A Big Mistake  (Read 18374 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: GGPI>Artificial Intelligence>Military>Project AI.- Surrounded
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2016, 10:55:25 am »

There is no way 100 can be attacking at once without severe friendly fire issues.  Not in this corridor.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2016, 11:15:09 am »

There is no way 100 can be attacking at once without severe friendly fire issues.  Not in this corridor.
1 Only the ones who came in first have started shooting, and 2 There will DEFINETELY be friendly fire problems next turn. :D
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2016, 12:00:04 pm »

Jay keeps killing soldiers using his other hand.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GGPI>Artificial Intelligence>Military>Project AI.- A bit like ceiling walkin
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2016, 11:05:28 am »

Cahillguy is one his third warning.

TURN EIGHTEEN

MNII/Walt Garret/Cahillyguy/Guy Cahill:
"Beta, help me remind these men what I just said about good guys and bad guys."
Find cover, and use my gun to explain why other people don't shoot at me.

((BTW, my suit's power is dead, right?))

Edit: Between taking potshots from behind whatever cover Garrett can find, he glances over at the other PAI equipped... 'soldier' "Hey, egghead, mind catching me up?"
You ask the other soldier what happened, and he just shrugs. You get the feeling he doesn't know why your own men are shooting at you either. Walt(1) and Guy(3) VS Soldiers(3) While asking Guy the question, someone shoots 2 plasma blasts at your shoulder. Thank god for the strong armour. Guy just sorta stays behind the cover. (The cover you are using is the broken door by the way.)

Beirus/Jay Herdandez/TheBiggerFish/James Andersone:
KEEEEEEEEEEP

SHOOOOOOTTTTIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Unless they're friendlies

Stop shooting them if they're friendlies

Um

Didn't we beat their roll

Why are we taking injuries

Jay keeps killing soldiers using his other hand.
James suddenly realises something. They are being shot by their own soldiers, so he stops shooting. What a big mistake he just made. Jay(1) VS Soldiers(6) The soldiers light Jay up, leaving only you standing. They don't seem to realise they just shot 30 of their own guys to death because of the size of the corridor, they're hust looking at you. "Drop your weapon, NOW!" Yells one of the soldiers (Just for the record, if you kept shooting you would of gotten a 5, and been able to save Jay. And before you get mad at me Beirus, there is litterally no way I could of twisted it around with the amount of people shooting you.)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GGPI>Artificial Intelligence>Military>Project AI.- A Big Mistake
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2016, 01:37:08 pm »

((Oh, I'm not mad about the 1. What I am annoyed by is the fact that we re supposed to be super soldiers, but we just started and we got swarmed by enemies without even a chance to get any of the gear that actually makes us super. And the fact that apparently, according to the way you interpreted TBF's action, they were our people and yet the highly advanced AI I had that has otherwise been useless couldn't tell from the uniform or FoF (Friend or Foe) identification they had. Because the ability to distinguish friend from foe on a battlefield is a pretty damn important ability for a combat AI to have.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

((Oh, I'm not mad about the 1. What I am annoyed by is the fact that we re supposed to be super soldiers, but we just started and we got swarmed by enemies without even a chance to get any of the gear that actually makes us super. And the fact that apparently, according to the way you interpreted TBF's action, they were our people and yet the highly advanced AI I had that has otherwise been useless couldn't tell from the uniform or FoF (Friend or Foe) identification they had. Because the ability to distinguish friend from foe on a battlefield is a pretty damn important ability for a combat AI to have.))
((Yeah, WTF???

For that matter, why didn't they recognize us?))

"WHAT THE CIRCUS KIND OF IDIOCY IS THIS YOU IDIOTS!  FRIENDLY FIRE MUCH?!  YOU JUST KILLED ONE OF THE KEY PORTIONS OF THIS PROJECT, AND IT WAS SOLELY BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS DIDN'T CHECK IFF, YOU MORONIC NUMBSKULLS!  NO I WILL NOT DROP MY WEAPON, DAMMIT!  NOW YOU CAN DAMN WELL TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN MEN YOU JUST SHOT!  WHERE ARE THE MEDICS?  GET ORGANIZED AND START TREATING YOUR WOUNDED, MEDICAL SUITE IS OVER THERE, GO GO GO!  ORGANIZE INTO SQUADS OF FIVE EACH AND FAN OUT, MAKE SURE TO CHECK FRIEND OR FOE BEFORE SHOOTING, AND LET EVERYONE ELSE KNOW THERE ARE FRIENDLIES, DAMMIT!"

Shouting!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:58:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:34 pm »

((Yeah, WTF???

Are you even paying attention? Walt got told about what's really going on, and someone listened in, so the guy who listened in, obviously told the other people that you know what's happening. Also, if you want me to make it so that you did shoot, and that Beirus lives then OK, but you said to stop shooting if they're friendlies. And also, you had a chance to get the armour, but
Do you know where they are coming from, Theta? Jay asks as he moves to man the closest available flame-based defensive turret.
...Look, i'm sorry if i'm being to harsh, but this is just a test RTD anyway, if I was being serious about it, you wouldn't have died so quickly... I guess I can understand that your probabally mad, and don't want to go on my RTDs anymore... On a much less serious note, remember, Losing Is Fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2016, 02:07:03 pm »

THIS GAME MAKES NO SENSE
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2016, 02:24:14 pm »

((Oh, I've been paying attention. What I haven't been doing is using the meta knowledge I get to determine my actions. And you should take a look at the turn before the action you quoted, the one where you told me that my armor and stuff was too far away. So it was presented as an incredibly unfavorable option for some reason, even though it is the whole basis for me being able to do anything an ordinary guy can't. 

I don't have anything against you or your games. Losing is Fun, but getting screwed over by a lack of information like enemy identification that I almost definitely should have had is not. Hell, this is just a test game, not something I'm heavily invested in. It mostly seemed to function as a vortex to draw all my 1's from the other RTDs I'm in  :P. I might even submit another character at some point if this test isn't over by then, because I like the premise. I'm sure you'll get better at the GMing stuff with more practice. As long as you don't turn into one of those GMs that justifies things that players have issues with solely by saying "Me GM. You not. Get over it.". But yeah, I'm probably gonna take a few days at least before I think about submitting another character.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2016, 02:37:01 pm »

((Oh, I've been paying attention. What I haven't been doing is using the meta knowledge I get to determine my actions. And you should take a look at the turn before the action you quoted, the one where you told me that my armor and stuff was too far away. So it was presented as an incredibly unfavorable option for some reason, even though it is the whole basis for me being able to do anything an ordinary guy can't. 

I don't have anything against you or your games. Losing is Fun, but getting screwed over by a lack of information like enemy identification that I almost definitely should have had is not. Hell, this is just a test game, not something I'm heavily invested in. It mostly seemed to function as a vortex to draw all my 1's from the other RTDs I'm in  :P. I might even submit another character at some point if this test isn't over by then, because I like the premise. I'm sure you'll get better at the GMing stuff with more practice. As long as you don't turn into one of those GMs that justifies things that players have issues with solely by saying "Me GM. You not. Get over it.". But yeah, I'm probably gonna take a few days at least before I think about submitting another character.))
Thank you. To be perfectly honest, I didn't expect this to get past turn 5, which is why things are a bit meh. This is mostly to mess around and see what style of doing things I like. The main thing I 'm testing, and I am testing a slightly different version of this in my Dragon RTD, is the having a companion who will stay with you forever bit. Because I have plans :).

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2016, 02:22:00 am »

Look for a pressure seal to destroy, a fuel tank to light on fire, etc. Some environmental hazard to end this firefight now.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2016, 01:12:23 pm »

((Yeah, WTF???

"WHAT THE CIRCUS KIND OF IDIOCY IS THIS YOU IDIOTS!  FRIENDLY FIRE MUCH?!  YOU JUST KILLED ONE OF THE KEY PORTIONS OF THIS PROJECT, AND IT WAS SOLELY BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS DIDN'T CHECK IFF, YOU MORONIC NUMBSKULLS!  NO I WILL NOT DROP MY WEAPON, DAMMIT!  NOW YOU CAN DAMN WELL TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN MEN YOU JUST SHOT!  WHERE ARE THE MEDICS?  GET ORGANIZED AND START TREATING YOUR WOUNDED, MEDICAL SUITE IS OVER THERE, GO GO GO!  ORGANIZE INTO SQUADS OF FIVE EACH AND FAN OUT, MAKE SURE TO CHECK FRIEND OR FOE BEFORE SHOOTING, AND LET EVERYONE ELSE KNOW THERE ARE FRIENDLIES, DAMMIT!"

Shouting!
You not going to change this?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]