Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (On Hold)  (Read 27165 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (Game Start!)
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 03:36:41 am »

Nyar slumps a bit, he seems relieved but perhaps disappointed. "Gee whiz...

A fish stick empire? What, does he own a chain of restaurants?

Sigh. As usual, detente and ennui hand in hand".

Nyar buys the poor woman he yelled at a drink and then converses with the barkeep/waiter.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Fishcetti is? Perhaps a nice pent house sweet or a charming country side maison?" Nyar watches the Barkeep curiously.

"Restaurants. Bookstores too." explains the woman.
"I hate them books," says the first thug.

In response to your question, the bartender with the white hair says nothing, and points at the second thug.
"What? No! I'm not Alfonso Fischetti..."

"Fine then."

Brass knuckle this bastard in the knee, break it.

(Players have initiative, so you go first and focus everything on offense) The thug looks big and beefy, and judging by his movements he is actually pretty sober. 2 DEX, 1 CEL, 2 STR, 3 RES.

[6][6][6][4] Yeah that knee is going down. It gets dislocated horribly. He's not going anywhere soon.

However, the thug is more than capable of pounding your face in. He first grabs you by the neck--you attempt to block [2+1] and he grabs your free wrist instead. You maintain a grip on the knee. He then tries to beat your face in anyway, and because your arms are occupied you end up [6][3] with a minor bruise on the face.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2016, 03:45:27 am »

"DO NONE OF YOU BASTARDS FEEL PAIN?!"

Punch him with my free brass knuckled hand in the throat repeatedly.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2016, 02:57:20 pm »

Still watching the barkeep, Raioyris summons the Auspex to his hand. "Seize him." With that Raioyris' allies seize the second thug. The Auspex adds the nessessary knowledge to them.

"I'm afraid you're going to have to speak up, I didn't quite hear you." Raioyris says to the barkeep.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2016, 05:17:19 pm »

Hmph. Time to make some debt.. Mephistopheles thought to himself before launching out of the oven at the mafioso and swinging his redsteel sword viciously. "Not on my watch, mortal!"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:35:24 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2016, 10:17:34 pm »

Trying to keep me away, huh? Something is going on in there they don't want me seeing.

Apologize and assert myself in helping clean up the 'accident.'
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »

"Nice job Slippy, just had to bring back a gaggle of thugs with you." Bracken mutters to himself.

Wait for the thugs to start swinging at The Courier then shoot at one thug using 4 dices.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2016, 03:05:06 am »

Update 11

"DO NONE OF YOU BASTARDS FEEL PAIN?!"

Punch him with my free brass knuckled hand in the throat repeatedly.

[6][5] (DEX vs RES) You rig some more dice. However, he makes an attempt to block with two of his dice, subtracting two of your own dice from your attack. You break his jaw, but you can't quite get through all the way to the neck because he is looking down at you.

With his remaining attack, the thug attempts to brush you off once and for all [2] (CEL vs STR) and he succeeds! You skid across the ground, while the thug collapses to the floor, his knee bent wildly out of shape and his jaw broken. He is definitely out of commission.

Hmph. Time to make some debt.. Mephistopheles thought to himself before launching out of the oven at the mafioso and swinging his redsteel sword viciously. "Not on my watch, mortal!"

"Looks like we'll have to deal with them meet-" Suddenly you crash through the locked oven door ([1][4]+1 trying twice to break out of there using your STRength), and violently accost the thug with scolding blows of your weapon. [6][3] Blood spills across the countertop, adding a unique red tinge to several batches of pumpkin muffins lined up in rows.

The baker is busy cowering in fear. "Who are you with?" he asks.

Still watching the barkeep, Raioyris summons the Auspex to his hand. "Seize him." With that Raioyris' allies seize the second thug. The Auspex adds the nessessary knowledge to them.

"I'm afraid you're going to have to speak up, I didn't quite hear you." Raioyris says to the barkeep.

A squad of armymen kicks open the door (it was unlocked, but it seems to be a very sturdy door). They grab 'Al' and drag him into a nearby project, whereupon they pile inside to avoid disrupting the party.

"That man was Fischetti." the bartender quips tersely. "Alfredo Fischetti."

Trying to keep me away, huh? Something is going on in there they don't want me seeing.

Apologize and assert myself in helping clean up the 'accident.'

As you kneel down to help, you hear a whisper in your ear: "What kind of business you looking for?"

I wait for the thugs to round the corner, then fire at the first one to appear.

[5+2][1][1](Enemy gets one free block) You fire a shot. The round fails to eject so you pull the action to let the casing out, along with a live round which plummets to the ground. 3 shots left in the integral magazine.

You notice a burst of flame and smoke in front of the squadron of thugs. Initially you suspected it was Bracken... but when all four thugs step through the ashes and charge you, you realize you were proven wrong. He couldn't have just missed at close range with a shotgun, could he?

"Nice job Slippy, just had to bring back a gaggle of thugs with you." Bracken mutters to himself.

Wait for the thugs to start swinging at The Courier then shoot at one thug using 4 dices.

You notice a glow emanating from the front thug's chest, and catch a subtle change in their formation as they charge Slippy: the lead one steps back.

You put a shell into the rightmost thug, the closest to you. The aftermath is the same as last time--a burst of flame--except that the pellets left a few marks this time on his right arm.

You notice bits of red-glowing glass, having fallen to the mud. Were those there before?

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:59:44 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2016, 03:59:27 am »

"Now that THAT is resolved, anybody know where Alfonso Fischetti is? I want to talk to the man." Nix says to the crowd.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:31 am »

Start walking backwards, and fire on the same thug I tried to shoot last turn.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2016, 06:10:30 pm »

Mephistopheles flicks some of the fresh blood off his blade, sheathes it, and slowly turns to the Baker. ""Nobody important to you",  Mephistopheles states coolly before adding, But I'm not with the Meteor Muffins or any of these other amateurs. Besides, I can offer you real protection."

Do my best to convince the Baker that I am powerful and on his side. Soothe his fears of the Mafia, he has a god on his side after all. ;D
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2016, 10:49:39 pm »

"Oh shit!" Bracken turns around to run. "Slippy! How the hell did you piss off a fockin' Magus!"

Use two dice to run out of the opposite side of the alley and use the other two to evade any attacks.

((Is there anyway you want us to list our actions during combat, like using a list or something?))
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2016, 10:52:17 pm »

"Oh shit!" Bracken turns around to run. "Slippy! How the hell did you piss off a fockin' Magus!"

Use two dice to run out of the opposite side of the alley and use the other two to evade any attacks.

((Is there anyway you want us to list our actions during combat, like using a list or something?))

Feel free to just narrate. If you want to split dice unevenly, just put a (3) for example next to the action itself.

For blocking/dodging you'd have to specifically mention being evasive.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2016, 01:25:04 am »

"It's a start, I suppose.

I'm afraid I'm going to need you to come with me"

Nyar takes the barkeep with him to the room with the captive. He really doesn't have a choice. Resistance means that he gets Samurai Edge put up to his head. More resistance means brass hits the floor.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2016, 03:34:06 am »

Update 12

"Now that THAT is resolved, anybody know where Alfonso Fischetti is? I want to talk to the man." Nix says to the crowd.

A finely dressed young sheik walks up to you. He seems less... spifflicated than the rest of them. Actually, you don't face a sudden waft of alcoholic stench as soon as he approaches, so he is pretty clean indeed.

"Fish-ticks, eh? You hit the wrong place buddy. This mill belongs to the Meteor Muffins. We the finest bakers in all downtown Chicago.
Fish-ticks, he just sits in his mansion all day sipping that illegal stuff. I can give you his address from last year if ya want, but he's prolly moved since then."

Start walking backwards, and fire on the same thug I tried to shoot last turn.

(1 Die for dodging backwards, 3 for attacking)

[5][5][4]+1 Another shot rings out in the alley. It hits the new lead guy, and again the same thing happens: explosion, little to no wounding. You spy a cracked amulet around his neck, just before they would otherwise strike.

[5] You launch yourself against the back wall (nowhere to go from now on! Unless you go up... there's a windowsill at waist level and another window right above your head) to avoid the thugs' advances.

They try to shift their formation again--but there's a bit of confusion among them, it seems. The guy Bracken shot and the other guy in the back bump into each other, both trying to get in front.

Two shots left in the mag.

(Using two dice on a non-combat action like running lets you roll two mental dice, and two physical dice, and pick the highest) [3+1][9] You make it to the other side, and are discovered, but it seems that your discovery has confused their ranks. The guard you shot swipes at you as you go by, [5][5] but it's irrelevant as you had the element of surprise on your side. You're in position to strike again, [8+1] and you've managed to count three broken amulets around their necks and one live one--whose wielder is in the middle of shuffling around among the pack.

Mephistopheles flicks some of the fresh blood off his blade, sheathes it, and slowly turns to the Baker. ""Nobody important to you",  Mephistopheles states coolly before adding, But I'm not with the Meteor Muffins or any of these other amateurs. Besides, I can offer you real protection."

Do my best to convince the Baker that I am powerful and on his side. Soothe his fears of the Mafia, he has a god on his side after all. ;D

"Gee, you must be one of them abominable intelligences. Ain't you fellas banned by the Technicon?" he says, eyeing the oven which you broke out of. "Still, if you've ended up hidden all along... I'm all ears."

"It's a start, I suppose.

I'm afraid I'm going to need you to come with me"

Nyar takes the barkeep with him to the room with the captive. He really doesn't have a choice. Resistance means that he gets Samurai Edge put up to his head. More resistance means brass hits the floor.

The bartender shrugs, and calmly walks over.

Inside the closet, which the infantrymen have thoughtfully renovated into a rather spacious interrogation chamber, dimly-lit by means of flashlight. All of the infantrymen but one are sipping out of bottles found inside the closet. "It ain't often we get to drink on the job," explains one.

The one not drinking is busy using advanced information gathering techniques on 'Al,' who indignantly shrieks: "My name is NOT Alfonso! I am Alfredo!"

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2016, 03:48:20 am »

"Don't get carried away. Chasing down a mafia kingpin in his own town isn't exactly a careless activity.

What is your relation to Alfonso?"

Raioyris asks the captive.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13