Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (On Hold)  (Read 27036 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (Game Start!)
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2016, 04:18:26 am »

"Don't get carried away. Chasing down a mafia kingpin in his own town isn't exactly a careless activity.

What is your relation to Alfonso?"

Raioyris asks the captive.

"Nothing! It's just a common name around these parts!"

The bartender nods solemnly at the defendant's case.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2016, 05:14:47 am »

"I'll take it."

Keep hand near throwing knives just in case they try to jump me before, while, or after giving me the address.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2016, 05:50:15 am »

"Depends on what you got. Figure there better stuff in the back."

Continue to 'help' with the cleaning.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:29 am »

Fire again , but aim for the amulet. If there is some sort of positive result, firs one more time , aiming for the head.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2016, 12:04:01 pm »

"Hmph. Well, I have all sorts of powers at my disposal, some of which are beyond your mortal comprehension. And beyond the crime syndicate's understanding. My power reaches out far and wide.. And it would be good for your little establishment to have someone this powerful watching over you. Any threats to your bakery will be annihilated. The price, of course is the small one-time payment of.. your soul."

Work my deceptive tricks again to convince him souls aren't actually that important while twirling tiny wisps of flames in my left hand
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2016, 01:53:55 pm »

"Well then I don't suppose you mind giving me a history lesson that explains why you have so many unrelated people in the same town that all share a surname.

Or you just tell me what you actually know and save me some time,"
Nyar is borderline flustered.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:08:08 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2016, 12:03:46 am »

Take a shot at each of the thugs.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2016, 04:33:42 am »

Update 13

"I'll take it."

Keep hand near throwing knives just in case they try to jump me before, while, or after giving me the address.

"Alright, let me just..." He pulls out a clay tablet, and then starts tapping it with his thumbs. He then looks your way.
"You gonna write it down or what? Got yourself a photographic memory?"

"Depends on what you got. Figure there better stuff in the back."

Continue to 'help' with the cleaning.

You look up to reply, but then you notice it wasn't the waitress that asked. There are now a woman and a couple of men standing in front of you, both wearing grey trenchcoats and hats, and wielding Thompsons. The rest of the customers don't seem to care all that much.

Apparently, you're blocking the way.

"Thought so." The woman shoves you out of the way and the party of ne'er-do-wells rushes into the kitchen door, which turns out to be a different passage leading downstairs. You notice soundproof baffles on the walls of the stairway.

Fire again , but aim for the amulet. If there is some sort of positive result, firs one more time , aiming for the head.

You didn't specify which amulet...

[6][2]+1 You shoot one dude. His amulet is broken, so it doesn't protect him and he gets shot in the heart and dies. Good job.

[3][3]+1 Seeing that the amulets don't protect anyone if they're broken, you avoid shooting the last remaining guy with an amulet and shoot another one. The one with a remaining amulet dives in the way and blocks the shot, but his amulet also breaks.

No more amulets, but you need to reload.

Take a shot at each of the thugs.

3 Thugs left. [6][2] You hit them with buckshot, and no amulet triggers this time. They're used up it seems. [3], [1] Shotguns don't have much penetrating power, though, and the body of the one you shot just ends up absorbing any further fire.

After you exhaust your fire, the two remaining thugs drop the body and charge you, because you're closer than Slippy. [4+1] the first one hits you with a surprisingly weak punch that you block with ease, [1+1] but the other kicks you in the gut, knocking you to the ground in pain. You can't really fire your shotgun from this position.

"Hmph. Well, I have all sorts of powers at my disposal, some of which are beyond your mortal comprehension. And beyond the crime syndicate's understanding. My power reaches out far and wide.. And it would be good for your little establishment to have someone this powerful watching over you. Any threats to your bakery will be annihilated. The price, of course is the small one-time payment of.. your soul."

Work my deceptive tricks again to convince him souls aren't actually that important while twirling tiny wisps of flames in my left hand

"Well..." He takes out a small handheld clay tablet that's shaped like a phone. It then turns into a phone, with a display that hovers about a centimeter off the surface of the tablet.
"I kind of need my soul to run one of these. But..." he looks at the bloody mess in the room. "God. They're gonna get me for this. Dinah!" He shouts to the clerk at the front of the bakery.

Dinah walks in, horrified.

"You need to go. Get out of here. Now. Stay with Aunt Jenny for a while, okay? And don't show your face ever."

The baker turns to you, and takes a deep breath. "I'll only do it if you can take down the whole gang. They're going to go after my family if they don't kill me, and I don't need no soul if they put me in hell."

"Well then I don't suppose you mind giving me a history lesson that explains why you have some many unrelated people in the same town that all share a surname.

Or you just tell me what you actually know and save me sometime,"
Nyar is borderline flustered.

"Nonono there's a reason for this. Let me explain. I'm closely related to him. That's why we all have the same name. I mean, the other Fischettis. There's Big Al himself, then there's me, there's Alberto, Alina, and Alania. I have all their numbers, you can call them, I swear!"

One of your men taps on your shoulder and holds up a phone-sized clay tablet with a single circular mark at the center bottom edge, but on the top surface. He's asking what they should do with it. 'Al' exclaims: "Hey, just look through the contact book, okay? They're all on there!"

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2016, 10:54:56 am »

Reload. Shoot again if I can.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2016, 12:31:08 pm »

"Yep."

((I can just look back at your post in case I forget  :P))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2016, 02:30:50 pm »

Mephistopheles smiles slightly before nodding slowly.
Form the pact and take his soul. Make sure the terms of the pact screw him over by indebting him to servitude of me, of course. Hopefully he won't notice the demonic fine print.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:39:51 pm by Mallos »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2016, 08:17:52 pm »

Whack the closest thug in the knee with my wrench.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2016, 12:29:14 am »

"Appreciated." Nyar nods and receives the tablet.

I'll spare myself the neurotransmitters...

"What would you do with this?" Nyar asks the barkeep.

"Related you say? You're the sadder, albeit nicer, dimensional clone of Al?

Or-

Perhaps you're both blood."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2016, 06:03:43 am »

Form the pact and take his soul. Make sure the terms of the pact screw him over, of course.

(You might want to be more specific.)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »

Form the pact and take his soul. Make sure the terms of the pact screw him over, of course.

(You might want to be more specific.)

((Gotcha, I fixed it))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13