Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (On Hold)  (Read 27191 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (Game Start!)
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2016, 09:16:52 pm »

Whelp, there's some mafia goons.

Rush after the goons with Pulse rifle drawn, staying far enough away to react first if they notice me, in which case open fire.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2016, 12:46:26 am »

Update 14

Due to reloading, The Courier goes last in the action chain.

Whack the closest thug in the knee with my wrench.

[5][5][4][2] The wrench cripples one more thug, who is now unable to charge or perform melee attacks. The remaining thug begins grappling with you! [5-1] You hold off his attempts at reaching for your throat, but he's still on you.

Reload. Shoot again if I can.

You finish loading five new rounds and then put your weapon back to your shoulder... but Bracken is currently grappling with the last remaining enemy. (If you fire, both will have to make a block roll)

"Yep."

((I can just look back at your post in case I forget  :P))

You get out your futuristic cellphone. The Meteor Muffineer nods in approval, as he navigates to his contact list on his... clay tablet phone, it seems?

You receive a Mafia Kingpin Address in your contact book. Everyone else has a transmitter, so you can send it to them if you want.

Mephistopheles smiles slightly before nodding slowly.
Form the pact and take his soul. Make sure the terms of the pact screw him over by indebting him to servitude of me, of course. Hopefully he won't notice the demonic fine print.

You make a deal with the baker. However, what a 'soul' is tends to differ from dimension to dimension. Sometimes the soul goes but the person stays. Other times, the body enters a comatose-like state until the soul is returned and given autonomy (though you can still control it like a puppet if you want).
Not in this case. The Baker's body drops dead, and disappears into fine-grained dust, so fine-grained that it flows along the ground, almost like a liquid uncreation, completely formless and void. Fortunately that girl is long gone by now.

You have new powers and a separate soul gauge: The Commoner's Soul Gauge (40/40). Actions performed with this gauge are resolved with d6's instead of the normal rolling system. You can roll as many d6's as you want, and a 5+ is a successful action.
Its powers are: Telekinesis (<30m range), Pyrokinesis (can only produce fire), Electrokinesis, and Telepathy (which can be used to send images and voices as well as messages).

His belongings are on the floor. You spy a wierd clay tablet that's shaped kind of like a cell phone, but it doesn't have a screen.

"Appreciated." Nyar nods and receives the tablet.

I'll spare myself the neurotransmitters...

"What would you do with this?" Nyar asks the barkeep.

"Related you say? You're the sadder, albeit nicer, dimensional clone of Al?

Or-

Perhaps you're both blood."

The barkeep makes a laconic gesture, pointing from his head toward the tablet.
Whether you attempt to use it or not... it doesn't work for either yourself or the infantrymen. They appear doubtful, at the very least.
"You just connect to it... using your, erm, your soul. I don't know. How do I explain a phone to someone who doesn't know..." shouts the crazed Alfredo. At least he isn't named after a dish in this timeline.

Suddenly, you hear automatic gunfire from outside.

Whelp, there's some mafia goons.

Rush after the goons with Pulse rifle drawn, staying far enough away to react first if they notice me, in which case open fire.

The mafia goons fire some shots into the ceiling and walls.

"Listen up," says the woman leading the pack. The partygoers at the lower floor continue to party.
"I want Alfredo Fischetti to come out, or else we torch the place. I bet he's worth less than the floorboards, anyway."

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2016, 12:57:14 am »

"Cheers, gents."

Quickly scram out of the place, and head to the location.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:34 am »

Switch to my pistol and begin approaching. If I can get a clean shot on the thug, take it.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »

Turning to the soldiers, "Sergeant, secure the bar area, you have my permission to open fire if somebody comes down, just don't shoot our ally... Taking prisoners is also encouraged but I don't expect you to endanger yourself or your men." The soldiers get all my dice if they need them.

"Your soul? Interesting. You still didn't answer my question." Nyar looks like a bored toddler, idly toying with the tablet.

I don't think I really have the energy to conjure up my spirit in it's full intensity.

"Hello?" Nyar puts the 'phone' up to his ear and speaks half jokingly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 08:54:39 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »

"Destructive soul removal.. not what I expected from this dimension. Not much good he could've done for me anyway, being incompetent as he was."

Pick up the clay tablet thing and see how it works.. Maybe I can get in touch with my companions with it?
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2016, 06:55:02 pm »

"Slippy! Stop fucking around shoot this bastard!"

Try to push of the thug off of me.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2016, 07:47:06 pm »

They're also after our target? I guess they're a rival family. Might as well wait so see if their ploy actually works.

Stay out of sight and wait to see if they actually get the mob boss to show up... or set the building on fire.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »

"Then give me a clear shot!"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2016, 11:03:00 pm »

((I'm gonna have to get out of this game, going on vacation for a month or two, won't really be able to access Bay12 I don't think. Would I be able to change my last action to text everybody the location of the mob boss?  Then you can just have me gunned down/stabbed/hilariously killed however you like.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2016, 11:08:02 pm »

((Sorry to hear that, but enjoy your vacation!))

Glory to United Forenia!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2016, 11:08:10 pm »

((I'm gonna have to get out of this game, going on vacation for a month or two, won't really be able to access Bay12 I don't think. Would I be able to change my last action to text everybody the location of the mob boss?  Then you can just have me gunned down/stabbed/hilariously killed however you like.))

(Have fun up/down there.)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2016, 09:32:14 pm »

Update 15

Turning to the soldiers, "Sergeant, secure the bar area, you have my permission to open fire if somebody comes down, just don't shoot our ally... Taking prisoners is also encouraged but I don't expect you to endanger yourself or your men." The soldiers get all my dice if they need them.

"Your soul? Interesting. You still didn't answer my question." Nyar looks like a bored toddler, idly toying with the tablet.

I don't think I really have the energy to conjure up my spirit in it's full intensity.

"Hello?" Nyar puts the 'phone' up to his ear and speaks half jokingly.

The 'phone' does not turn on.

"Well, they're not exactly blood... it happened in the original Fischetti's childhood back when he was looking into older forms of magic, particularly Rennaissance-era grimoirs..."

The infantrymen leave the closet. They open fire, not unexpectedly, and retreat back into the closet. There's quite a lot of them, apparently.

They're also after our target? I guess they're a rival family. Might as well wait so see if their ploy actually works.

Stay out of sight and wait to see if they actually get the mob boss to show up... or set the building on fire.

"Hidin' behind civilians, eh? Well, your loss."
Instead of torching the place as first advertised, the mobsters start turning the place upside town, checking behind all the counters and heading into the back of the store. Two mobsters and the gang leader remain standing by to guard the entrance.

Suddenly, infantrymen pour out of the closet as soon as a thug reaches to pull open the door! The first [5] kicks down the thug opening the door, [4][4][3][2] and the rest end up firing and taking out two more thugs. The infantrymen then retreat

The remaining thugs are: Three at the door (including the leader, who is a Named Character, so she will be moving first next turn), three in the kitchen, behind the countertop (+1 cover), and one in the crowd (you probably don't want to fire into the crowd).

And again, suddenly, your wrist-mounted Dimensional Portal Alert rings.

Ni͞x͟ ̕h͡aş ͞be̸en̛ ćơm̧p͜r̶omise͏d. We͘ ̸a͟re ̴s̀en̷d̨ing yo͝u re͞in̷f̛ǫr͝ce̡me͜nt̸s̡.

[1]+1 Your attempt at stealth has been foiled by the appearance of a large mutant deathclaw dressed like Macho Man Randy Savage, who shows up at the bottom of the stairs looking around in confusion. He draws attention to himself and, thusly, yourself, hiding behind him.

"Slippy! Stop fucking around shoot this bastard!"

Try to push of the thug off of me.
Switch to my pistol and begin approaching. If I can get a clean shot on the thug, take it.

[4][1][1][1] Bracken, with a single manuver, bucks the thug overhead and tries to rolls up into a crouching position, but ultimately falls over backwards into the mud. [6][5][3][3]+1 Slippy finishes off the thug with a couple shots to the torso.

Three bodies, and [1] surviving thug, who got shot in the gut and doesn't seem to have much time left. The original thug sustained enough brain damage to maintain little awarness of the situation. Slippy pulls up a badge out of a fallen thug's wallet.

This individual is licensed
as a criminal bounty hunter
under the Citizen Law Enforcement Act of 1919

Underneath the text is a United States government insignia.

Also your communicators ring and you both get a message pointing to an address at a lakeside mansion about ten miles out.

"Destructive soul removal.. not what I expected from this dimension. Not much good he could've done for me anyway, being incompetent as he was."

Pick up the clay tablet thing and see how it works.. Maybe I can get in touch with my companions with it?

Using your Telekinesis, you boot up the Telecom Retrocomunnicator and are greeted to an interface not unlike that of a modern smartphone, but with floating panels about an inch above the clay surface in lieu of a hardware display. It seems to be powered by magic. You find a list of all the baker's contacts.

You do have a communicator for communicating with your companions. You're professionals, remember? Anyway, your communicator rings and you get a message pointing to an address at a lakeside mansion about ten miles out.

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2016, 01:02:49 am »

"So soon?" Nyar looks surprised to see the soldiers back already.

"Report?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:07:58 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2016, 01:15:01 am »

"So soon?" Nyar looks surprised to see the soldiers back already.

"Report?"

The sergeant reports that it's too crowded in the room to risk lots of gunfire being thrown around. The best option would be close combat, but he isn't sure if the thugs are willing to shoot civilians.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13