Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (On Hold)  (Read 27197 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (~5/6)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 05:00:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (~5/6)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 05:18:38 pm »

Yep, gonna do the thing.
Spoiler: Yes (click to show/hide)

I should probably introduce some kind of radiation-based hazard, then.

Time to fight!

Spoiler: Reyn time, baby! (click to show/hide)

I don't really like flat stat boosts in the trait. It needs to have some kind of tangible effect on the narrative, like how Yottawhat's character forces a malfunction if he fails the re-roll.

Stat-wise, boosting PER wouldn't do anything in combat with a melee weapon if you also get DEX from it, since you only pick the highest stat you can use.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In.

I don't understand the trait. Does it help the recipient in any way, or is it just an extra-special way of attacking people somewhat secretly?

Okay, so we have eight players:

1) NRDL
2) WunderKatze
3) S34N1C
4) Yottawhat
5) HighEndNoob
6) Failbird105
7) Dickson of the Trinity
8) Mallos

That means I get to decide which 6 people get in. I'll do it randomly.

6) Failbird105
7) Dickson of the Trinity

Failbird and Dickson are classed as Priority Reinforcements, meaning that they will get in as soon as someone dies. The dimensional stabilizer can't handle more than six people at a time, but they've been briefed for the mission just in case their help is needed.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:53:15 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6)
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »

The trait is mostly just a special way to attack and pacify others. In theory, the benefits are usually minimal in comparison to the sacrifice- Hence the need to deceive and persuade.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 06:09:02 pm »

I just remembered one wrestling move I forgot to include in the sheet, it's also the only one that I want to put a specific limitation on myself, can I edit that in?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 06:27:09 pm »

Go ahead.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »

It is done, now I have a reason to do stealth, even if I'm not very good AT stealth.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37:35 am »

First they had you fill out a waiver form. The ICF is a completely legal organization under galactic jurisdiction, but due to a small nuance in the anti-slavery laws, you've got to sign a different contract for every mission. It's to keep the poindexters happy.

As for the briefing: They told you they'd be throwing you into a hellhole not unlike prohibition-era-OTL, ruled by crime syndicates and corrupt political machinations. You know what to expect, don't you? Everyone hops into the van, a red Model 3.14*10^11 Mercedes-Benz retrofitted for ICF use. Setting the Vector Navigation System to Nonscalar Mode and clamping down on the gas, the driver takes a slight detour through the fifth dimension and soon enough you emerge onto a busy street with the cloaking device engaged. You feel a pedestrian go under the wheels, which proves the end of this particular conveyance as the tire fails to regain traction upon re-contacting the road. The van slips out of control and careens into the storefront at the slight turn up ahead.

It's a tire shop.

Pedestrians screech as they flee the onrush of annular terror. Old 20's style cars swerve to avoid cracking their windshields, but the weak link in the chain is an old granny in a 1910 Model T! She pulls up her glasses just in time for a large truck tire to bounce over the hood and land neatly in the back seat of the car. She slams hard on the brakes, organizing a cascade of destruction as vehicles pile up behind her.

All the while, your van is still cloaked and in one piece thanks to future engineering. The driver backs out slowly, avoiding a gang of rubberneckers around the corner and speeding down the other direction. He eventually parks in a back alley and gives the go-ahead to vacate the back of the van. The double doors open into a swirling membrane forming a bubble around the stealthed vehicle. It looks much like the interior of a soap bubble, hugely magnified and distorting the surroundings. Several police sirens pass by the alleyway towards the chaos, but you remain otherwise undetected.

Your target is mafia kingpin Alfonso "Fishsticks" Fischetti. Your client didn't give a location other than this world's own version of Chicago. That's probably why he hired you in the first place.

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (Game Start!)
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 03:55:08 am »

"This place looks like a shithole.  I love it.  Just breathe in those fumes.", Nix said, twirling his spike ( as he liked to call his stiletto ) absentmindedly.

"If anybody feels like coming along, I'ma go find the closest looking tough guy and beat the crap out of him till he spills about this boss fella."

Find the toughest looking guy currently walking the streets.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 04:01:38 am »

((could I possibly be added to the waitlist? I do like interdimensions))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 03:09:21 pm »

"Look for Italian tough guys, that might get you a little further," Nyar advises before scaling the allyway though a series of acrobatic wall bounces or maybe climbing a fire exit.

From my new vantage point look for an ostensibly Italian district/store front.

He wouldn't happen to own a seafood restaurant now would he?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:38:49 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 04:05:02 pm »

"If you think this is a shithole, you've obviously never been to the Divide.

Beating up some thugs sounds like a good plan, but I think we should split up a bit to cover more ground."

Look for a thug to beat up, but not the one that Nix is beating up.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »

"My, my.. You're all so aggressive. There is no need for bloodshed.. yet." Mephistopheles chirped quietly, with a voice tone slippery and smooth enough to give a snake coated in butter a run for its money.
Search for corruptible souls (or those already corrupted, which is even easier) who are tied into the mob. Coax the information out of them in anyway possible and prepare to bind them in a pact of servitude offering what they seem to desire most in return.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:33:56 pm by Mallos »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 07:01:21 pm »

"I wouldn't mind whacking a few gobshites over the head."

Bracken says in a slightly slurred accented voice. He takes a swig of his whiskey and moves to follow Nix
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 01:06:51 am »

"Oh come on guys, we've been here all of 30 seconds and you're already trying to pick a fight."

Nayr's right though. We should start by searching some Italian-style stores, cliche but still viable.

Look for an Italian-style store from ground level, while trying to stay out of sight.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 01:40:41 am »

((could I possibly be added to the waitlist? I do like interdimensions))

((Roger that.))

Update 1

"This place looks like a shithole.  I love it.  Just breathe in those fumes.", Nix said, twirling his spike ( as he liked to call his stiletto ) absentmindedly.

"If anybody feels like coming along, I'ma go find the closest looking tough guy and beat the crap out of him till he spills about this boss fella."

Find the toughest looking guy currently walking the streets.

You scamper down the streets. It's mid-afternoon, the sun is still up in the sky, but the clouds of smog and haze are really soiling the atmosphere (rimshot please).

You can't really see any tough guys parading their masculine demeanor out on the streets. But you may be able to smell them, or perhaps their signature merchandise. In fact, you could recognize the smell a mile away on Venus: good old moonshine.
Now, as for origin of the smell, well, it's basically everywhere...

"Look for Italian tough guys, that might get you a little further," Nyar advises before scaling the allyway though a series of acrobatic wall bounces or maybe climbing a fire exit.

From my new vantage point look for an ostensibly Italian district/store front.

He wouldn't happen to own a seafood restaurant now would he?

You do some cool acrobatics and catch a glipse in the corner of your eye of a dimly lit figure hiding behind some crates on a street corner. It appears to be stalking you, putting its head down as you turn your head.

Anyway, from your vantage point it seems that the van driver pulled right into the middle of the city's Italian district. But something about the Italian part of town seems strange. It's almost as if it's... bigger than it was OTL.
You spot a pizzaria, a glassblower's shop, a sculptor, and a large mural celebrating Italian heritage.

"If you think this is a shithole, you've obviously never been to the Divide.

Beating up some thugs sounds like a good plan, but I think we should split up a bit to cover more ground."

Look for a thug to beat up, but not the one that Nix is beating up.
"I wouldn't mind whacking a few gobshites over the head."

Bracken says in a slightly slurred accented voice. He takes a swig of his whiskey and moves to follow Nix

Avoiding the smelly hobbit, you suddenly find yourselves longing for a better sense of smell, as it seems the halfling has already found a lead given his sudden fit of sniffing and looking around. Perhaps ye need to try harder.

And harder you try. It is mid-afternoon, but already muggings are happening in broad daylight. Taking a trip into the back of the back alleys, you spot a helpless matron being assailed by some ornery brute. She pleads for him not to take her... clay tablet thing. What is that she's holding?

"My, my.. You're all so aggressive. There is no need for bloodshed.. yet." Mephistopheles chirped quietly, with a voice tone slippery and smooth enough to give a snake coated in butter a run for its money.
Search for corruptible souls (or those already corrupted, which is even easier) who are tied into the mob. Coax the information out of them in anyway possible and prepare to bind them in a pact of servitude offering what they seem to desire most in return.

You have a natural sense for these sorts of things. There's a particularly strong gust of moral defilement coming from right below, so perhaps there's some kind of club or other kind of place described in euphemistic terms where you might find an impressionable soul or two. Your pyromancy is all ready and fired up though, so you don't need to, ahem, refuel, not out of necessity at least.

"Oh come on guys, we've been here all of 30 seconds and you're already trying to pick a fight."

Nayr's right though. We should start by searching some Italian-style stores, cliche but still viable.

Look for an Italian-style store from ground level, while trying to stay out of sight.

Rather than brazenly disrespecting anti-parkour laws like your fellow just did, you head out to street level and take a gander at the storefronts.

My goodness, there's Italians everywhere! What kind of Alt-Chicago is this?

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13