Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (On Hold)  (Read 27171 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (Game Start!)
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2016, 02:10:23 am »

"Oh come on. That's just plain cheating."

Close into the crowd of thug-alikes and try to see if one of them is acting in a thug-ish manner (like running away, since the civies seem mostly fine with this state of affairs.)
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2016, 09:57:52 pm »

(So, plus side: I got a job!

Downside: I kind of want to focus on my other game I talked about a while ago, HERE, so this game might not be getting as many updates. Don't worry, I still have lots of free time)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2016, 10:04:16 pm »

(All you people with your jobs, and your money and your . . . *shudder* lives. . .
In all seriousness, congrats on the job. Good luck!)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2016, 02:31:15 am »

Update 17

Get in the van. Reload my guns on the way.
"Really now. Damn, should of read the contract before I signed."

Get into the van and message the other assassins to see if they want to come along.

Do my best to follow the address I received. If I get within line-of-sight in this turn somehow, examine area.

The van picks up the lone members of the party one by one. The Agency owes the others a lift as soon as their work is done, but for the time being it'll be up to you to infiltrate the mansion.

*One bumpy, extradimensional ride later...*

You arrive at a nondescript mansion (aside from looking marvelous, ostentatious, and expensive, like any proper villain's mansion should be). Statues of mechanical guard dogs line a walkway between two gleaming pools of water, populated with statues of indecently-dressed Greco-Roman characters. A pair of mahogany front doors deny entry, emblazoned with the words "Alfonso F. Fischetti" in golden text on a wooden plaque.

Lots of conveniently-placed trees that violate building codes are present next to the mansion, providing alternative access to the second and third stories; the fourth story is smaller than the others and so the highest you can get from the edge is the first level of the roof. A fifth and sixth story are piled up on top creating a terraced ziggurat-like structure.

You notice a garage joined to the property by an offroad section of lawn, marked by the sign "No Tresspassing." Several pickups are parked, full of barrels stacked in the back, and an old woman seems to be fishing inside one of the barrels, sitting on the roof of the truck.

"Oh come on. That's just plain cheating."

Close into the crowd of thug-alikes and try to see if one of them is acting in a thug-ish manner (like running away, since the civies seem mostly fine with this state of affairs.)
( Gifted nose huh? }>:] )
Seeing that it would likely be a bad idea to just go cleaving/wrestling his way through the crowd, Wrestleclaw instead attempts to SMELL for the real one, which considering how close to him she was, shouldn't be too hard.
Nyar lets the thug slide off his sword, he then taps the slide lock and holsters his Samurai Edge 92FS handgun.

In a blink he summons and throws to kunai at the decoy/real dame. "Smoke and mirrors-

Is that all you drag those mooks around for?"

Creativity award goes to Cop, special mention goes to Wrestleclaw's sniffing attempt.

[2/7] There's too many of them! In fact, the stench of alcohol is so debilitating that it overloads more than just your sense of smell. You have contracted Vertigo Syndrome, a side-effect of too much interdimensional travel, where your senses are imposed on reality to yourself. You sneeze and end up standing on the ceiling.

[6/2] Cop dives into the crowd, running after the fleeting mobster. She catches on, and holds still while diving into the crowd. Fortunately, the presents of a cop excites the partying crowd. "It's the police!" some shout, others making crude gestures and most simply running away and tripping on their equally-drunk compatriots. The mobster is left standing in the middle of a fallen mob, giving Nyr an easy shot. The kunai begin their heavenly journey.

[3][6] The first would embed itself in the mobster's face, but she holds up her hand and takes the hit instead. (Pack Leader gets 1 more auto-parry)

[4][2] The second one nails her in the leg, severely hampering her ability to run. This fight is all but won.

Status of Team: Pretty Much Detected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Portentious

Spoiler: Wrestleclaw, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2016, 08:37:49 am »

Wrestleclaw attempts to regain his composure, but backs away from the crowed, just to avoid falling on anyone

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »

((By the description, we've all ended up in the same area.))

"It seems we've coincidentally regrouped. While we're all still here, I think we need a bit of a plan. Fischetti is likely inside the mansion, and if he is I think we have two main choices. Take the risky plan and set fire to the mansion  to flush him out and allow me to locate him by reading the flames at the same time, or go the ever so classic route of sneaking in and giving him a good stabbing or two. I'm impartial to either plan, and open to new ones."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2016, 05:49:34 pm »

"I'm not going to be very good at a sneak infiltration. Both of my weapons make quite a bit of noise. Perhaps the you guys could infiltrate the place, and I'll cover the exits."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2016, 07:10:39 pm »

(The interdimensional van picked you up and dropped you off.)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2016, 07:23:50 pm »

"I'm not going to be very good at a sneak infiltration. Both of my weapons make quite a bit of noise. Perhaps the you guys could infiltrate the place, and I'll cover the exits."

"I'm not particularly good either, my weapons are nearly silent unless I decide to use my powers. The problem is I have a high profile." Mephistopheles gestures above his head, emphasizing the fact that he's a good 6 feet or so tall like his Infernal father. "So unless Bracken's stealthy, which no offense but he doesn't look it, we're going to have to be more aggressive."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

"I'm not particularly good either, my weapons are nearly silent unless I decide to use my powers. The problem is I have a high profile." Mephistopheles gestures above his head, emphasizing the fact that he's a good 6 feet or so tall like his Infernal father. "So unless Bracken's stealthy, which no offense but he doesn't look it, we're going to have to be more aggressive."
Wrestleclaw speaks up from the ceiling.

"Well, I may not be particularly stealthy, but I do know a stealth takedown move, maybe we could hope they don't look up?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2016, 10:48:33 pm »

Wrestleclaw speaks up from the ceiling.

"Well, I may not be particularly stealthy, but I do know a stealth takedown move, maybe we could hope they don't look up?"

((Well, I guess this locks the other two (HEN, Wunderkatze) into performing an action and wrapping up for the ride.))

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2016, 11:47:15 pm »

"Hm... Idea, what if drive right in? "
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2016, 01:00:19 am »

"You lot seem to be rivals of Mr. Fischetti. Mind telling me why storming a pizerria is a good way of attracting mob bosses?"

Subdue the mobster (unarmed I presume) and try to get any information out of her before getting picked up by the van.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2016, 01:54:48 pm »

((I'm lost, what's happening?))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2016, 12:15:59 am »

"Hm... Idea, what if drive right in? "

"That's about as feasible as setting fire to the mansion and flushing him out.. so why not?"

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13