Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (On Hold)  (Read 27113 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Interdimensional Contract Killers (6/6) (Game Start!)
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 03:42:02 am »

"Whew, that's some strong spirit. Reminds me of swill back home."

Follow the strongest smell, I'll find the source eventually.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 07:19:41 am »

"Let's try to sneak up on him."

The Courier will try to sneak up on him, keeping his revolver at the ready.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 08:50:37 am »

((Could I have a spot on the waitlist?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 01:41:41 pm »

Nyar's eyes glide past the crateward goon in a surreptitious scan. Promising.

He ducks and flips and such until he lands back in the ally and strolls out of the ally down the street in plain vision of this goon. To really sell it he sends out a bunch of darting glances, pretty much at everything besides the mook.

He strolls down another passage, large and busy enough that the goon, if he is in pursuit, would follow. Once out of vision Nyar gives his shoulders a rest on the wall and waits.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 04:55:28 pm »

"Mhm.. smells like gullible mobster. Off I go." Mephistopheles mutters as he begins to move towards the source.

Trail the source of the 'scent', deception skills ready.

Spoiler: Afterthought (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 05:38:53 pm »

"Meh, why not, I'll yet take the lead."

Bracken hangs back around a corner, sipping from his whiskey bottle.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:35:01 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 06:25:41 pm »

((Could I have a spot on the waitlist?))

Sure.

Update 2

"Whew, that's some strong spirit. Reminds me of swill back home."

Follow the strongest smell, I'll find the source eventually.

You stumble about on the streets, catching a few glances here and there. One churlish toff offers you a spot at his circus.

He's actually your key, being doused in the scent of inebriating beverages. He came out of a street alley just in front of you, so you turn to investigate and discover a vent on the ground through which you clearly recognize the smell. There doesn't seem to be a distinct entrance, though. On ground level, you're next to a pizzeria and a... 'communications store'? Both stores have the same flyer taped on the inside of their windows:

This property
is under protection of
The Meteor Muffins

"Let's try to sneak up on him."

The Courier will try to sneak up on him, keeping his revolver at the ready.
"Meh, why not, I'll yet take the lead."

Bracken hangs back around a corner, sipping from his whiskey bottle.

Bracken hangs back out of sight, conserving energy, presumably.

The courier enters sneak mode, [0/0] (first roll...) and promptly trips on the ground. He gets up, face and clothes covered in mud, and gazes upon the shins of a muscular clod. The brute shows cracks open his lips making a shallow grin, revealing his mismatched teeth and issuing a pungent breath, which hangs as a mist in the chilly air.

He's tossing the clay tablet thing up and down in his hand. It really doesn't look like anything more than a neatly-cut block of chert-colored rock.

Nyar's eyes glide past the crateward goon in a surreptitious scan. Promising.

He ducks and flips and such until he lands back in the ally and strolls out of the ally down the street in plain vision of this goon. To really sell it he sends out a bunch of darting glances, pretty much at everything besides the mook.

He strolls down another passage, large and busy enough that the goon, if he is in pursuit, would follow. Once out of vision Nyar gives his shoulders a rest on the wall and waits.

[6/10] You feign a convenient level of ignorance and soon enough, as you wait, you hear footsteps coming up the alley, projecting a furtively-cloaked shadow on the sunlit ground before you. It slowly advances, with due caution, and is about to pass you...

"Mhm.. smells like gullible mobster. Off I go." Mephistopheles mutters as he begins to move towards the source.

Trail the source of the 'scent', deception skills ready.

Spoiler: Afterthought (click to show/hide)

You look around for entrances to the city underground, but all you find is a cellar door in the back of a bakery. There's a big padlock keeping it shut, the doors are made of metal, and there's a pair of extremely muscular window cleaners about two stories up who are riding a wooden scaffold, held up by a pulley system which happens to terminate on the ground right in front of you. There is possibility for mischief.

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:28:48 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 06:36:19 pm »

Head inside the "communications store", see what's inside.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

Bracken sighs and walks up to the thug.

"Oi, pigshit, what's that behind you?"

Whack Thugbert across the face with my wrench.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:36:54 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »

Pressing Samurai Edge with the suppressor and loaded with subsonic rounds into his side covertly as possible Nyar draws near to the thug. "Shhh... Shh now buddy. Are you going to tell me about Alfonso Fischetti?"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:24:54 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 07:26:39 pm »

Mephistopheles's face curls into a wicked smirk, pleased with a newfound devilish idea.
Make sure I'm out of the way of the scaffolding before drawing my sword and slashing the ropes of the pulley in one fluid motion before sheathing it under my cloak once more.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 10:35:16 pm »

"'Meteor Muffins' huh? That's probably the worst gang name I have ever heard."

Head inside the pizzeria, and maybe get something to eat.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2016, 12:04:13 am »

Update 3

Head inside the "communications store", see what's inside.

It's a store that sells rocks of varying shapes and sizes. That's all you can glean, because it's empty right now. Looks like whoever owned the place locked the place up temporarily, probably to go stare at the tire shop that suddenly exploded for no reason. You see an open magazine on the counter, as well as an empty shot glass.

Bracken sighs and walks up to the thug.

"Oi, pigshit, what's that behind you?"

Whack Thugbert across the face with my wrench.

(You put all four dice into this action)

([6-1][1][1][1] wow...) You twack the thug in the head. He hits the mud with a resounding thud and the grateful matron marches over to reward you for your efforts.

You've gained 100 Spondulicks!

Pressing Samurai Edge with the suppressor and loaded with subsonic rounds into his side covertly as possible Nyar draws near to the thug. "Shhh... Shh now buddy. Are you going to tell me about Alfonso Fischetti?"

"I-... I'm--" squeaks a quavering female voice. "I am appalled! What makes you think I belong to the Mafia?!"

Mephistopheles's face curls into a wicked smirk, pleased with a newfound devilish idea.
Make sure I'm out of the way of the scaffolding before drawing my sword and slashing the ropes of the pulley in one fluid motion before sheathing it under my cloak once more.

You slice the rope and both window cleaners come crashing down. [5][4] They not only both survive, but they did so by leaping and grabbing onto the surrounding walls like amazonian tree monkeys.

"'Meteor Muffins' huh? That's probably the worst gang name I have ever heard."

Head inside the pizzeria, and maybe get something to eat.

You enter the pizzeria and the door rings a bell on your way in. You notice customers tapping away at their clay tablets, which appear to have dazzling holographic displays on the front.

Almost nobody heeds your presence except the waiter at the door. He smiles, and compliments your attire, before asking if he can find you a seat.

At a nearby table, it seems another customer has just been seated. [9+FOC] You listen in.

Waitress: And what would you like to order?
Customer: I'd like margherita and a game of dominoes, please.

The waitress heads to the back room.

Status of Team: Undetected
Dimensional Interference Radar: Clear

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nayr, AKA WunderKatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cop, AKA HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2016, 12:05:56 am »

See if there's a backdoor, there's always a backdoor. Try and smell the moonshine source again.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2016, 01:03:23 am »

((Sorry for missing the last turn, I had IRL shit ))

"Well, that was embarrassing."

Stand up and examine the clay thingy.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13