Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: biomancers RPG(zorten reboot) occ/recruitment,now with a plot!  (Read 938 times)

shoulderboulder

• Bay Watcher
  • i am the great bootleg!
    • View Profile
biomancers RPG(zorten reboot) occ/recruitment,now with a plot!
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:45:38 pm »

Look what i`m making!
Plot:
a few months ago,you and your comrades have been sent to explore a newly discovered land,Thatn,named that by it`s discoverer.On your ship are brave soldiers,diligent workers and powerful biomancers,mages with the power to control living creatures.You will explore these alien lands and discover their secrets,but be carefull,many dangers,some that may posses dark powers that could rival the power of your biomancers ,lie ahed.
character creation stuff:
professions;
-Biomancer: a guy who can use biomancy
-Soldier: a guy that is trained for combat
-Worker: a guy who works

Races
-Human: a normal human
-Dwarf: a small and hardy humanoid,it is fond of industry
-Ortir: a tusked half ogre,half elf humanoid
-Mitim: a descendant of fairies and goblins,it has small black insect wings

tools and weapons :
-Shovel: a digging tool(2 P. W.)
-hammer: a versatile tool.(2 P. W.)
-Axe: a tool for cuting wood.(2 P. W.)
-Dih glue: a extremely sticky substance,it hardens in a few hours.(2 W. P.)
-Construction kit: a box full of things that help in building structures.(2 P. W.)
-engineering kit: a box full of things that help in creating machines(2 P. W.)
-Combat knife: a knife that is used in combat,it is very sharp.(2 P S.,3 P. B. and W.)
-Sabre: a large curved sword.(4 p. S.)
-M78 revolver: a very basic revolver,it is decent.(1 P. S.,3 P. W. and B.)
-M83 `navy` revolver: a more powerful revolver,mainly used by marines and members of the navy.(3 P S.,4 P. B. and W.)
-Graton pistol: a lever action pistol,can hold 4 cartriges.(5 P S.,6 P. B. and W.)
-Hilton carbine: a falling block action carbine,it is decent.(3 P S.,5 P. B. and W.)
-M75 carbine: a accurate carbine,used by many militaries.(5 P S.)
-Jarn rifle: a common  hunting rifle.(5 P S.,7 P. B. and W.)
-M81 rifle: a very comon military rifle,it is accurate and powerfull (7 P S.)
-Balten rifle: a lever action rifle,can carry 6 rounds in it`s internal magazine(9 P. S.)
Equipment points:
The  things you use to get tools and weapons.Each player starts with 10
P.=points
S.=soldier
W=worker
B=biomancer
Biomancy:
Each biomancy action requires points,every biomancer player starts with 10
-Reshape: Reshape a creature.(4 P.)
-Convert: Transmute biological materials into other biological materials(ex: flesh to bone)(6 P.)
-Hybridise: Create a hybrid out of two living creatures.(8 P.)
Players:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:30:45 pm by shoulderboulder »
no

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: biomancers RPG(zorten reboot) occ/recruitment
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:56:04 pm »

Sure, I'll play this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

shoulderboulder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:49 pm »

Does anyone else want to play this gamw?
no

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:32:07 pm »

I considered making an application, but decided against it. I'll go into details about why if my opinion is actually requested.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

shoulderboulder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:29:22 am »

I considered making an application, but decided against it. I'll go into details about why if my opinion is actually requested.
i would like to see it
no

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:44:31 am »

Alright then.

First of all, my eyes were immediately drawn to the spelling and grammar errors on the first post. It looks like you actually brushed that up a bit since then, so I'll give you credit for that.

Next, there is very little detail on the actual plot of the game. Something called a Biomancer seems to be the primary focus though you don't really cover what a Biomancer actually is.

And finally, I am less than inspired by the character creation process. I'll also point out that I do not see any advantage to taking a worker character over a biomancer. Soldiers get cheaper weapons and Biomancers have some kind of biomancy action system, but workers do not get any obvious benefits.

It is also unclear if Biomancers need to divide their points between items and biomancy or if they get a separate pool of 10 points just for biomancy options. If it is the latter, then I don't see the point of an ability costing 8 points if there are no options that cost 1 or 2 points.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

shoulderboulder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 01:10:06 pm »

Alright then.

First of all, my eyes were immediately drawn to the spelling and grammar errors on the first post. It looks like you actually brushed that up a bit since then, so I'll give you credit for that.

Next, there is very little detail on the actual plot of the game. Something called a Biomancer seems to be the primary focus though you don't really cover what a Biomancer actually is.

And finally, I am less than inspired by the character creation process. I'll also point out that I do not see any advantage to taking a worker character over a biomancer. Soldiers get cheaper weapons and Biomancers have some kind of biomancy action system, but workers do not get any obvious benefits.

It is also unclear if Biomancers need to divide their points between items and biomancy or if they get a separate pool of 10 points just for biomancy options. If it is the latter, then I don't see the point of an ability costing 8 points if there are no options that cost 1 or 2 points.
So i`m going to answer your `questions`
For the plot:
My plan was to expand the plot in the ic thred,but i`m going to ehrite the plot on this thred.
I`l also try to make the workers more distinct.
The biomancers have biomancy points,diferent from the equipment points wich are used at the start.For the spell thing,i just copied the prices from the original thred,thought i made the Hybridise cost 8 points instead of 10.
Any other questions?
no

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: biomancers RPG(zorten reboot) occ/recruitment,now with a plot!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 05:35:08 pm »

Are players restricted to the options on the first post or are more customization options going to be permitted?