Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test.  (Read 5760 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test. 5/5
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 10:18:48 am »

oh jeez forgot all about this. Wiatlist?

Name(s): Tex
Appearance: Clint Eastwood from the good the bad and the ugly

Description/backstory: A special with an obsession with spaghetti a westerns.

Traits:
Nice shooting Rex: he's a good shot with pistols .
Master of dual wielding: can dual wield with no accuracy penalty.
QuicK draw: he can grab a weapon from his holster fast enough that he doesn't seem to stop firing.
Ambidextrous

Inventory:

2xSmith and Wesson model 29
2xM-9s
2xM1873 Buntline Special Revolver
1 reload of ammo for each gun.
Bowie knife
T-Shirt
Duster with room for holsters and armor plating. is fairly heavy
Jeans
Cowboy hat
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:55:53 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 10:52:27 am »

Btw, where will we be fighting?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 05:04:09 pm »

Will be decided soon. It'll be random.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test. 3/5 Join now!
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 07:24:48 pm »

Midnight, does your dude have armor? Or just has room for armor?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:12:44 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test. 4/5 Join now!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 08:07:07 pm »

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:42:33 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 09:25:58 pm »

So if I got this correctly, we simply send you a pm to do a action? Then you determine the outcome?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 10:00:04 pm »

So if I got this correctly, we simply send you a pm to do a action? Then you determine the outcome?

You post your turn (or PM it to me), which is a collection of actions in narrative form, less actions mean stronger actions and then with great embellishment I report the results of the turn in a post on this thread.

Right now I'm just converting your sheets into mechanics and letting you all see them but soon I'll post a 'first turn' which details the teams, the setting and location and then prompt you each to send in/post actions.

Sorry, I suppose I could of been more explicit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:54:52 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 10:57:50 pm »

It's ok, first time I been doing this type of stuff.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 10:59:27 pm »

Heh heh, noticed :3 Welcome to Bay12!

Teams:

These are the most balanced teams I believe.

Team 1:

-Jonas Ripply (HighEndNoob)
-Hayden Jones (_DivideByZero_)
-Mentalix (NRDL)

Team 2:

-Raioyris (me  8))
-Ace (foutrytwo)
-Tex (MidnightJaguar)

Game will start soonish.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test. Turn 1!
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 07:25:18 pm »

GAME START! Turn 1.

((I’ve taken the liberty of bending your backstories to craft a narrative for this test game))

BOOMM!!

“It worked, he’s out.” Deadeye Lon reports in between gasps.

“Now all we can do is hope that he picks up on the scheme,” Chris says, scanning the African rain forest village that Lon just zig zagged out of.

“Shouldn’t be hard for a giant brain,” Deadeye John adds, “He’s psychic.”

Past wooden huts suspended off the beach of a narrow African river by wooden platforms, nearby gun shots can be heard. All of the wooden huts share a single large platform and are placed in a fairly dense arrangement. From the off shore

“Bad news, hostile contact” announces Ripply gritting his teeth as he marches out of the brush, “They should be on us now,”

“Shit, more Evo corp. goons?” The Deadeyes level their weapons and lower their heads.

“No.”

“You think this Mentalix guy can handle it?”

“Not these guys. We’ll have to beat them here.”

Mentalix, Ripply and Hayden are a team. Ripply paid off Hayden and they broke Mentalix free from Evo Corps, a nefarious bioengineering cooperation. It seems he was being transported via raft in a heavy containment unit between labs. The Deadeyes have been hired to break out Mentalix by some of Mentalix’s (previously George Nix) wealthy comrades.

Tex, Ace and Raioyris have appeared across the river with the objective of killing Mentalix (and the others) in an attempt to hamper telepathy research. Ace is fulfilling a grudge that he found himself entertaining ever since he learned that his intense desire for action and his lack of memories are attributable to Evo corp. Tex was hired as muscle by Raioyris, though perhaps he has his own ambitions.

NOTE: fleeing with Mentalix is not a win condition for Red team, it's a death match.

Raioyris has brought with him a infantry squad (8 basic riflemen, 1 BAR M1918 (its' a old LMGish automatic support weapon) gunner and a .45 cal Thompson gunner. Raioyris can radio for another squad, a Bazooka team and a tripoded M1919A4 LMG team when he deems necessary he can also call in two P47 (its an airplane) machine gun strafes.

Mentalix can sense all 13 Red team members, but he cannot distinguish them unless he gets clear vision (balance reasons) or they get closer to him. An attack on them would be randomly assigned.

Please post here or PM your actions to me.

Spoiler: Here’s a map. (click to show/hide)

Behold the map's full glory. Notice the typo (slightly -> slight) and the inconsistent punctuation.

The huts do not correspond with the actual hut placement. All the huts are one story tall and all the huts and the platforms are wooden. This map is just to help you get a grip on the location; the actual game will not track player locations on the map.

Character status and inventories will be tracked here,

Team Red:

Team Blue:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:45:30 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test. Turn 1.
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 10:36:48 pm »

"This is going to be fun"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 11:11:45 pm »

<HEY!  Whoever's currently not trying to kill me, try and cover me while I get to you!> Mentalix psychically shouts to his saviours, whilst attempting to scale the containment unit to get on the bridge.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:48:38 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 11:29:26 pm »

Mentalix can sense all 13 Red team members, but he cannot distinguish them unless he gets clear vision (balance reasons) or they get closer to him. An attack on them would be randomly assigned.

((Just to clarify, did you mean I can detect the hostile presence of all members of the blue team? Can I detect friendly teammate presences?))

<GET ME OUT OF THIS DAMN BOX!>, the brain in the jar psychically screamed, pushing in every direction using his mind to try and break the containment unit he was in.

You're out of the box, (I should have been more explicit, you can edit your action), it seems that it was hit by an explosive and you managed to crab walk out in your tube-robot body, you've been hearing the Deadeyes (HighEndNoob's chars) think about the plan, from the scraps you've gathered it seems they are trying to free you, it also seems they know about the impending threat (that is Blue team) and intend to fight it. The box is tall so it should protect you from enemy fire unless someone gets really close, by say jumping on the box or circling around it.

You sense 13 hostiles on the far side of the town (see map, and yes it's all of them) and your allies on the other side, you can't make out who is who on the hostile team though.

You are two move actions away from either team (that means the teams, excluding you, are four move actions apart). Remember, it's possible to take multiple move actions in a turn, so things could get hairy if someone decides to blitz. The down side to moving so much in a turn is you lose the modifiers for taking a one or two action turn, reducing your chance at succeeding.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:42:00 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 11:48:56 pm »

Edited my turn, thanks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 11:55:18 pm »

((Also if you PM me leave a artifact in the thread so that it's easier to see who has submitted an action and who hasn't.))

Currently, me, fourtytwo and NRDL have submitted actions!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:00:12 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5