Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test.  (Read 5756 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: HEAVY FIGHTING: A lawless team death match mechanics test. Turn 1.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 12:23:07 am »

PM sent
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 02:21:15 pm »

_DivideByZero_ PM'd

Please post when you PM _DivideByZero_

Waiting on HighEndNoob.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 06:48:39 pm »

Action PM'd. Sorry for the delay, out with family for Thanksgiving.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 04:48:49 am »

Oh. Well.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 10:48:22 pm »

Bump?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 12:43:06 am »

(Sorry for the delay, been plying away at this inbetween homework. I anticipate faster updates in the future.)

Turn 2.
Or 1. I’m really not sure if the first point counts as a turn.

Turn Mechanics:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(This dialogue is actually from player PMs. Flavor!)

Ace slowy draws out his grappling hook.

"This is going to be fun" He plainly says, not even keeping his voice down.

For talking so loud Ace gets a loud "SHHHHHH-" from the infantry squad sergeant. "I'll fucking kill you- ughh! You're gonna draw fire!"

"Gutsy, I like the plan," Raioyris unstraps his BC611 walkie talkie style radio and hands it to the sergeant "Keep it safe sergeant, also spread your men and prepare to counterattack."

"A counterattack sir?"

"This will draw them out for sure."

"I see," the sergeant nodes and takes the radio. In a low profile squat walk the sergeant and his men spread out among the hut village taking cover in various huts.

He makes a hand signal for either Tex or Raioyris to flank Mentalix.

"I take the left side, you take the right." He whispers.

Raioyris nods.

"On my signal, I will toss you one end of the grappling hook and we charge toward Mentalix on the either side of him, hopefully the rope can knock him into the river and get the jump one him."

With that Raioyris and Ace bolt forward, navigating the wooden village in a furious sprint. Reaching the end of the platform they jump down on a suspecting but hapless Mentalix who has just managed to walk himself out of the container.

Just as planned Ace throws the grabbling hook mid sprint to Raioyris who catches it and runs forward.

SSSSCCRRCCCHHHH [ROBE ON GLASS ONOMATOPOEIA HERE] SSCCHHRRHCHH!!! (or whatever)

Raioyris and Ace are almost yanked backwards to their great surprise. It seems Mentalix managed to shift his weight forward and with additional force generated by planting his metal legs into the river bed he managed to nullify Raioyris’ and Ace’s cartoony attack.

“Fuck,” Raioyris mutters.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!

A number of 9mm bullets slam into the glass tube cracking it (can survive three more limb destroyed results).

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Tex stands atop the crate wielding two smoking M9 handguns.

Recognizing the poor position he’s been put in Mentalix flees to the top of the bridge in a single telekinetically assisted jump.

Unspot lighted actions:
Ripply’s (HighEnd) Deadeyes positioned themselves in the forest (-2 cover but they can’t see into the middle of the town).

Hayden pulled up to a window overlooking the recent action, his twin 50. Cal HMGs are ready to fire! (he’s in -1 cover).

In another hut Ripply peers out into the middle of the village also catching a full view of the action.

Tex has 19 shots left between his two M9 pistols.

Turn Transcript:

Ace jam (4)vs(5+2)(trait reroll is useless even a 6 would still fail), Raioyris jam (6)vs(5+2-> 6+2 Raioyris forces reroll because he has less than 5kg) Mentalix passes both. Tex shooting M9s (5)(6) (3-> limb loss), (2->4)(1->4, passes effect condition: gear damage and concussed) (reroll from healthy) (Mag count on dual M9s: 19).

Statuses:

Red team:

Status: Cracked tube, (3 more 'limb destroyed' results until it breaks), Concussed (-1 to hit next turn)

Team Blue:

NOTES: If a faster player flees to a hidden or otherwise bulletproof location and a slow character shoots him, even though the faster character technically moves first the slower character will resolve their full attacks but at -1 to hit.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:54:13 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

<FUCK YOU GUYS!>, Mentalix yelled to his pursuers, trying to keep the fear out of his telepathically projected voice.

((Also, PM Sent))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:58:21 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Hayden is alarmed at the sudden intrusion into his thought space. Make sure you keep your tentacles to yourself, he verbalizes in his head. Young people always told him to be more respectful of others with different backgrounds, but there's always an exception for mutant brain people.

With a smirk, Hayden dips his head between the 50-cals and aims them in preparation for a fusilade of heavy-caliber gunfire...
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Things are never so as easy as they seem.Wish they were."
Ace slowly looks around.

PM sent.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Practically lined themselves up for me."

PM'd
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What sorta yellow bellied bastard runs off like that from a good old gun fight?

[PM sent]

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

NO, FUCK YOU! Raiyoris thinks as hard as he can.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:21:48 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Turn 3.

Turn Mechanics:

(This dialogue is actually from player PMs. Flavor!)

"Wait a moment, I have a proposal..." Ace announces with sudden vigor.

“What the burning fuck…” The sergeant mutters to himself in the distance.

"How about you guys let us kill Mentalix, then we pay you off, good?"

Ace receives a few blank stares-

He then pulls off his belt a 3kg smoke bomb. But before he even gets to pull the pin Tex’ gritty western gunnery instincts kick in.

Tex jumps high out of the river (note: unless your character has traits for over activating muscles or for that matter restoration mode, those mechanics are not represented in this test game) and pulls up his peacemaking Magnums and pulls the triggers at once!

BOOM! The shots ring out simultaneously! One imbeds itself in the glass(two more and shatter)! The cracks in the tube creep out further! The other ricochets off the surprisingly resistant glass tube.

With that Tex lands on the center bridge staring down Mentalix!

Ace resumes his dialogue,  "No? Anyone? Fine. I like a good fight. This smoke bomb here is 3KG heavy, a hell lot more than your typical smoke bomb. I expect a good amount of smoke out of this. On the count of 10, 1,2,3,4-" Ace throws the fucking three kilo gram smoke bomb (it’s practically a smoke nuke) into the container side.

FUMPTH!

White smoke erupts in all directions including up making the whole state of affairs in the center village area a lot more confusing to everyone but Mentalix.

“Geesus-“ Raioyris coughs.

Ace then pulls back his grabbling hook from Raioyris and dives underwater into the relatively shallow and narrow river.

Spotting the slightest twitch from Hayden’s twin .50cals, Raioyris dashes under the platform on red team's side, draws his Sword of Kusanagi and stabs the spot he imagined Hayden to be stationed. The sword stabs through the floor boards and actually lifts up a rectangular slice of the floorboard, apparently it wasn’t quite fastened on well.

“Every fucking time!” Raioyris growls at his ever increasing misfortunes.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Everyone is deafened by the thundering muzzle blast of Ripply’s AS50 .50cal rifle!

Tex is thrown off the bridge in a spin as he takes 3 of the rounds to his right side he spashes down into the lake near the container.  He doesn’t remember landing as he comes to. Turning to his right he notices that his right shoulder and arm is gone, some flesh dangles from where it used to be. The river runs red! Tex is feeling faint.

"Tom, Lon, and Don, move up to the huts with me. John and Chris, stay hidden in the jungle." Ripply orders through radio,

The disciplined Deadeyes confirm copy immediately, “Roger,” Tom replies.

Mentalix takes advantage of this turn of events, he latches on to Tex’ fleeting life force and prepares to collapse the remains of Tex into a refined meat cube. He musters his will, but is unable gather the force to realize the ends he imagined.

Light pours into the otherwise dark hut from the suspiciously rectangular gap in the floor, but Hayden is more concerned about the Infantryman in a hut across leveling his Browning Automatic Rifle.

BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM- Hayden lays down a massive barrage of twin-linked .50 cal fire! He generously turns the mounted gun side to side up and down! BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM- The huts are torn into chunks of wood which are blasted into splinters by the disintegrating storm of heavy fire. BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM BLAUM!

“Bastard!” Raioyris gasps as he watches a stream of .50 brass pour out of the hole he created with his sword.

Group 3 (three members) of the 5th Division Infantry squad is completely eradicated. The huts lay in ruins a few wall boards remain erect among a pile of scrap wood and dust.

Across the town on the side closer to Mentalix three riflemen (Group 1) hoist up their M1 Garands and aim at where they last saw Mentalix.

POW POW POW. The Infantry fire simultaneously but their fire is ineffective and harmlessly deflects from Mentalix’ metal body.

Lastly a 3rd group of infantry men including the sergeant arrive on scene to find a butchered lakeside Tex and the billowed smoke cloud that pervades the center of the village.

Turn Transcript:

Statuses:

Red team:

Status: Cracked tube, (2 more 'limb destroyed' results until it breaks).

Team Blue:

Status: 19 bullets left in M9s. 10 Shots in magnums left. Butchered right armish side area No right arm! Lost one Magnum handgun. Bleed: 7/12 -> fails -> Bleed: 8/12 and now concussed (-2 hit next turn)

Status: 3 men and BAR down! Sergeant and 6 riflemen remain!

Reference:

Mentalix is on the far bridge near the top of the map in smoke.

Tex is in the river behindish the container right outside the smoke but red team would need to shoot through it to hit him, four 5th Divison Infantrymen are near him.

Raioyris is under the platform on red team side, underish Hayden who is in a hut on red team side of the village. (Both close to but not in smoke)

Ace is swimming under Mentalix(both in smoke).

Ripply is in a hut on the side with Mentalix, across from him are three riflemen hiding in huts and shooting at Mentalix (as well as they can in the smoke)

Smoke does not stack with other cover, but it does stack (along with other forms of cover) with evasive.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:17:04 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Pm sent.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The coffin industry has businesses today, just hope we aren't the customers"

PM sent.

BTW, once Mentalix's tube get destroyed, what happens?

Also does Mentalix looks something like this?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5