Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

which way do you like to cook your bacon?

with a microwave
with an oven
with a frying pan
any

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: bacon- microwave or oven?  (Read 3406 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: bacon- microwave or oven?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 12:23:22 pm »

Quite frankly, if I am given bacon, my question is never "How was this prepared?", its "Can I have more bacon please?"

That said, I typically prepare all my bacon using a large cast iron skillet... whether its on top of the oven or in the oven depends on how I am actually fixing the bacon or what else its going with.  More often than not, I'm cooking a giant bag of bacon bits n pieces because its cheaper than buying strips and even with the fat content you get more bacon for your buck in the end, so the entire damn thing is in the cast iron on the stove and I just keep it on low and come back and stir it every now and then.

mmmm bacon....
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 01:11:26 pm »

Quite frankly, if I am given bacon, my question is never "How was this prepared?", its "Can I have more bacon please?"

That said, I typically prepare all my bacon using a large cast iron skillet... whether its on top of the oven or in the oven depends on how I am actually fixing the bacon or what else its going with.  More often than not, I'm cooking a giant bag of bacon bits n pieces because its cheaper than buying strips and even with the fat content you get more bacon for your buck in the end, so the entire damn thing is in the cast iron on the stove and I just keep it on low and come back and stir it every now and then.

mmmm bacon....

Bro....you just gave me the greatest idea.

Bacon bits burger patty.

Edit* for clarity: a thin (or thick) burger patty made entirely out of minced bacon pieces.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:13:11 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 01:43:47 pm »

Yeah, if for some reason you want a recipe for that I'm pretty sure there's some out there. Fair few alt-meat burgers along those lines loitering around existence.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 01:48:10 pm »

I usually use a cast iron skillet as well, although a microwave is more convenient if, for instance, I'm just making a single strip for a hamburger or something.  Bacon is one of the few meats I'd ever cook in a microwave, because the effect of microwaving (drying it out and making it crispy) is actually good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]