Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinite Booze  (Read 1746 times)

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
Infinite Booze
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:36:13 pm »

Note: This is meant more for adventurers that Frequent a home base.

Step One: Acquire booze. Be it in a cup, water skin, or barrel, this will still work.

Step Two: Get a barrel. The easiest way to do this is to build a barrel at your camp.

Step Three: Dump the booze onto the floor, and (I)nteract with the barrel to fill it with booze. This will net you a barrel with 100 urists of booze.

This also will work with water, and is similar to the trick in which you duplicate water through a similar process. This is noteworthy because booze is a very useful tool in adventure mode as to not dying of thirst, especially in cold areas.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Booze
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:38:11 pm »

You can do this with a backpack too, empty it first, fill with booze, draw your weapons, then pick your gear up and let it marinate in booze.

A minecart can be filled with 5413 units of booze, but it weighs a lot so you gotta be pretty damn strong to haul that much around.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:15:32 pm »

Ok, first off, that's amazing. I knew you could completly refill a waterskin with any drink if you poured it on the floor, but I didn't know that worked with barrels. Screw drinking river water.

While we are on the subject of barrels and camps, have you guys ever had barrels of food moving on their own around the camp? I had to look for my barrels of prepared elephant innards a lot of times around my camp's map.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 01:24:17 am »

I know that sometimes dropped items will scatter, as they do when you reclaim a fortress you lost, but I think this only happens if they're not enclosed by walls and doors. Take that with a grain of salt though. And you can do it with buckets, which hold 10 urists of liquid, making them better than water skins except that you can't wear them.

Edit: Quivers are the best I can see so far. They hold twenty water and are wearable.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:27:05 pm by ☼Another☼ »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 01:59:00 am »

Ha ha!  Beer camel pack!  I like it :-)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 01:54:19 pm »

Bags like barrels will hold 100 units of liquid, but lately I just take 4 plant/fruit and convert to 16 units of whatever booze in a jug. Haven't been using the infinite liquid bug.

Re: the camp thing, sometimes when a site offloads, things get zapped or moved around. Once dropped off a quiver of 300+ arrows at a meadhall. Came back the next day to find an empty quiver. Once left a bag of random weapons in an abandoned house in a hamlet. Came back to find only one of those weapons. Everything else was gone. I've also had precious dwarven rum vanish from barrels.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 02:03:17 pm »

If you want to have stuff not just randomly move around, the best thing seems to be to keep it in a cabinet.