Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: All Bards Party  (Read 21305 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: All Bards Party
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 02:11:55 pm »

Play a long and slow pedal B flat to apply a slight movement debugging to the bandits.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »

I Am Uther, An' I Play the Keytar.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 02:56:53 pm »

Theremin aficionado, reporting for duty!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
  • I hope I win the big cash.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 06:10:15 pm »

play the brown noise. (A really low tune that makes people crap themselves)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2016, 06:21:03 pm »

Imagine doing that with a didgeridoo though. Alas, I already spent my turn.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »

Spin the amplified cactus wildly in order to create a high-pitched dirge, then thrust it into the nearest bandit's face. CRESCENDO OF PAIN!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 11:14:08 pm »

Play a piece of personal protection, and then immediately use myself as a shield for the nearest other minstrel.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 01:58:33 pm »

"You'retooslow"

Use my new speed to kick bandits to death while playing the violin.

4+1+1,1 - Is it a wizard? Is it a monk? No, it's a bard playing soccer and baseball with his violin!

Rapid series of kicks strong enough to pulverize necks of nearby bandits sends severed heads flying, and when they come down you use your violin to bat them away. Most heads just disintegrate into bloody mist, brain giblets and bone shards instead of flying away, but the last one flies beautifully. That's mostly because adhesive holding fingerboard of your violin to upper bout gives up from unexpected abuse and the instrument breaks in two parts held together by strings alone. You quickly slap it back together and look around. Nobody saw it! Good!

It also appears you bashed Guild Master in the progress.
3+1 - "Hey, watch it you lunatic!"

A question, are instruments replacable if broken?

Either way..

Bash some skulls in!

WHAT? DO YOU FANCY YOURSELF AS SOME SORT OF ARTISAN?! If you are confused about your profession then get the hell out of here! We are supposed to be artists here!

6+1,5 - Bandit bashing! You swing your didgeridoo around like a lunatic, dancing with ziizo in this crescendo of barbaric violence. Amidst of crushed bandit skulls you find Sosoku234 and try bash him too just because it fits the rhythm of the violence.

5-1 - He sidesteps your swing, avoiding fate of being turned into a poet.

Is it too late to submit a character for this game?
Name: Skeliborn
Instrument: the empires's helmets as drums as seen at the beginning of this
Action: run from a random direction from the woods into the middle of the conflict saying something about being chased by man-eating teddy bears who don't understand anything about art.

I don't know what to call such makeshift instrument.

"OHHH you're in for it now! I'll show you smelly rotten cucumbers!" the Bagpipe Apprentice jumps up and down.

Mine is the bagpipe whine that shall pierce the heavens themselves!

6,2 - You blow into the bag with bulging eyes and literally stab bandits into eyes and ears with free pipes, and when that fails to kill them sufficiently, you retort to barbaric way of bashing them with pure rage. Stitches holding the bag together are starting to fail when you finish them the bout of barbaric act.

"Only thing that smells here is your pissy pants!"

"Hmph." The accordion master laughed a bit at the bandit's responses.

Play some even weirder accordion music beyond mortal comprehension with the goal of destroying bandit minds

4+1 - You play Twenty Seventh Polka of Elder Beings, recovered fifty years ago from deep sea cave. Your favourite lullaby, often played in College's orchestra hall before late evening training session. It's a very refreshing song. Mere sight of note sheets drove adventurers crazy, so just imagine what it does to poor minds of bandits when you play it. These guys do not have even shred of mental resilience of adventurers, whose resilience level is rather laughable by bard standards. All bandits are dancing now.

"Please kill us!"

Jazz-Man reporting, Saxophone ready!

Epic Sax Guy is here!

Start playing the Blues, and hope the others join in. Hopefully the blues will make the bandits lose the will to fight

6,1 - Bandits have already lost their will to live, so you play some blues to match their dance moves, but the fuckers just keep changing tempo.

"If you are going to dance then dance right, you bloody motherfuckers!"

You jam your harmonica into one skull hoping to teach right dance moves via traumatic lobotomy, but unfortunately your precious harmonica cannot take this abuse any more. It shatters.

"Did you just break your instrument?!" Maestro yells. "Run back to College get your backup!"

((You're out for few turns.))

Do a drum roll to get everyone excited.

1 - You get too excited by yourself and stab helplessly dancing bandits (or spasming bandits, it's hard to tell difference) through ears with your drumming sticks and crack few spines and the drum itself.

Play a long and slow pedal B flat to apply a slight movement debugging to the bandits.

That one deranged didgeridoo player tried to smash your head.

3 - They start tripping over their legs, though you are not sure if it was effect of your low note or because of Twenty Seventh Polka of Elder Beings. Such a soothing piece of art! It always puts you into proper mindset to do your best!

I Am Uther, An' I Play the Keytar.

Rock out, man!

Theremin aficionado, reporting for duty!

Whoah, man! That's groovy!

Can flute even produce those frequencies?

1 - You don't bother checking out, gotta open blood letting business. You stop one stumbing and spasming bandit, shove the flute into his throat and blow until his lungs rupture.

"Superiour lung capacity, hell yeah!"

The flute however isn't meant to withstand such outstanding air pressure your lungs can produce and breaks a little inside.

Spin the amplified cactus wildly in order to create a high-pitched dirge, then thrust it into the nearest bandit's face. CRESCENDO OF PAIN!

2 - Crescendo of insanity! Last nine bandits have their cheeks scraped into bloody mess. It sure hurts, but they are beyond caring at this point.

Play a piece of personal protection, and then immediately use myself as a shield for the nearest other minstrel.

6+1,1 - You shred your lyre like you have seen guild master do with his guitar, playing song of protection and accidentally giving the protection for those poor and frankly very stupid bandits. Realizing your mistake your spend two minutes futilely bashing the magical shield you gave them, damaging your lyre in the progress.

"Fuckin' well done! Now they live forever!"

Quote from: Guild Master
Break the protection lyrist gave.

2+1 - Breaking protection given by another bard is not easy job, but Maestro manages to weaken it. Maybe golems can break it now.

Quote from: Brass golems
SMASH PUNY BANDITS

6 - Well, fuck these bandits in particular! Golems smash the weakened shield apart and proceed thoroughly pound last stragglers into bloody mud on roadside.

"Well done, my fellow bards! We are starting to warm up! Few stragglers have catched up with us and S34N1C will no doubt catch up as soon as he gets his new instrument from warehouse. I think we should write a song about this adventure as it is proper. Any ideas for first verse lyrics? Or name of the song? Something appropriately epic is needed!"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The penalty box (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 02:02:56 pm »

:(
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 02:17:41 pm »

"GWARGH"

Break into a bagpipe solo and unleash the power of the roundhouse jig upon the faces of these dillweeds.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:00:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »

"GWARGH"

Break into a bagpipe solo and unleash the power of the roundhouse jig upon the faces of these dillweeds.

"Uh, friend? I think they're all dead," Draignean said, or, rather, said via his cactus proxy. Draignean himself kept his bardic hood edgily low, and instead used the cactus as a sort of ventriloquist doll when speaking. The cactus had a broad smiley face painted on and a set of ye olde googly eyes adorning its front.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2016, 02:58:07 pm »

The Lyrical Lyre man strums a few magical meters of mending in an attempt to repair not only his damaged harp, but those of his compadres.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2016, 02:59:04 pm »

"The Day The Bandits Wept" The Accordion-master quietly proposed as a title for the song.

Take a 'trophy' of some sort from one of the dead bandits to carry with me.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:34:05 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 02:59:41 pm »

"Uh, friend? I think they're all dead," Draignean said, or, rather, said via his cactus proxy. Draignean himself kept his bardic hood edgily low, and instead used the cactus as a sort of ventriloquist doll when speaking. The cactus had a broad smiley face painted on and a set of ye olde googly eyes adorning its front.

"BLARGH-oh, so they are. Hm."

Sit down and see if I can renovate my bagpipes with the skins of my enemies just like the highlanders of old!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 03:07:24 pm »

"Sorry Guild Master, about the song maybe make it just a few verses in a song about us traveling to kill the orc uber lord? I mean normally only the really important things get songs and I don't think this was one."

Try to fix the instruments trough the power of music
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12