Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Reverse Mafia: Over!  (Read 20833 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Mafia: Day 01 -> 6 of 6 Too Scummy to be Dead
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2017, 12:28:38 am »

As far as I can tell, it's safe to put two votes on someone but not any more in case they are scum.

hector13, what do you think of this conclusion and how did I arrive at it?

Reasonable conclusion, and I assume you arrived there by halving the number of votes it takes to hammer. Or hammer-2.

Arguably not so much a reasonable conclusion, seeing as though there are two scum. That's enough for a self-vote and a quick hammer by their partner (further assuming they're not already on the wagon)

Seeing as I want to get lynched, though, let's put me at:

hector13, Lynch-1

Here's my thought process:
If there are two votes on someone, there are two options. If they are town, it's good to get them closer to getting lynched (but scum will do everything they can to avoid hammering anyway). If they are scum, then the most scum can do is do a quick self-vote followed by a hammer from the other scum (or vice versa). But that would immediately flag the second scum as scum because it's really suspicious to put someone at L-1 with so little info. So the second scum has to either wait a bit to vote or convince someone from the town to hammer.

This follows my thoughts too. More on this later.

so hector, two questions:
Why did you self-vote? I mean yes, we all want to get lynched, but why did you think self-voting would make someone else vote for you?

I didn't think self-voting would make someone else vote for me. What made you think I did?

I thought you were going for a reaction test, so I reacted. I don't like RVS, so I decided to raise your reaction test and put myself at L-1. Like you say, scum!hector's scumbuddy is revealed if they quickhammer, and town!hector knows the rest of the Townies aren't going to pull the trigger a few hours into D1.

So, you and fillipk provide optimal town-ish reactions by backing off from that.

The biggest issue I have with the reactions, though, is they're frickin' identical:

lol no unvote hector13

Hahahaha No. unvote

What should the rest of us think of that?

And a second question: How many votes can safely be on someone with no further info tomorrow?

If you want me to be pedantic, zero.

If you want me to be optimum, probably no more than L-2. There are two scum, therefore they need to convince two Town to vote with them to guarantee they get the lynch they want today.

However, at present, it's RVS, we have no information to be optimal with, and while pedantry is fun, it isn't particularly useful in Mafia. If we have no further information tomorrow, we're still in RVS, and you need to take risks to get information, so L-1 for a short time will probably be fine. Scum can't risk quick hammers at this point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2017, 12:43:04 am »

As far as I can tell, it's safe to put two votes on someone but not any more in case they are scum.

hector13, what do you think of this conclusion and how did I arrive at it?

Reasonable conclusion, and I assume you arrived there by halving the number of votes it takes to hammer. Or hammer-2.

Arguably not so much a reasonable conclusion, seeing as though there are two scum. That's enough for a self-vote and a quick hammer by their partner (further assuming they're not already on the wagon)

Seeing as I want to get lynched, though, let's put me at:

hector13, Lynch-1

fillipk

If you were to choose, would you like everyone to think you're buddying up to Imic or distancing yourself from him?

TBF

You seem to be trying to play an optimum game. What are your plans heading forward?
Honestly, my plan is to get me out of the way so the better players will keep going.

TDS filipk

filipk:Still haven't answered my question.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2017, 01:23:10 am »

Interesting, my immediate reaction was to Unvote so I did that, but thinking about it it's perfectly fine to leave someone at L-1 in this stage, I'm not going to revote you, but it's an interesting thought.

If your at L-1 and a mafia hammers you and you flip mafia, the mafia lose. Period. So we aren't scared of that happening.  If you flip town then yay we lynched town and we are one step closer to winning and we can assume nothing as we enter a WIFOM moment.
If a town hammers you and you flip mafia then we can't lynch the guy who hammered you because he might be mafia, If you flip town then we have a WIFOM moment where we don't lynch the person who hammered you.

In no situation would the person hammering you ever be up for a lynch so nobody would hammer you, therefore the amount of votes on a person does not matter right now, as hammering now by any person is a death sentence.

Anyway we need to get responses from the two people who haven't posted yet but thank you Hector for doing that.  Very interesting.

On another note I have no idea why TDS has the exact same response as me, especially over an hour after I posted it.. Seems like he's trying to buddy with me, top pick to be scum right now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:25 am »

TBF I put a vote on someone because I knew one vote was safe as I explained in my first post so it didn't matter where I put it.  They needed someone else to vote them then they could do the double quick hammer thing.  I have since updated my view to say that only the 4th vote matters right now as a random quick hammer is really bad for whoever did it.  I'm surprised I needed to explain that to you seeing as I already explained why voting yourself is the worst most passive thing you could do.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:09 am »

No, you just said it was, with no further actual explanation.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2017, 01:38:50 am »

No, you just said it was, with no further actual explanation.
Quote from: I was talking about this
Yes but that means your not doing anything with your vote when its on you, strikes me as a passive scum play who doesn't want to do anything too rash.  Just Intial thoughts though

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2017, 04:49:59 am »

Just want to point out that my deduction were based on the idea that we don't give a person the ability to quick hammer themselves.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2017, 03:37:20 pm »

Wall of Town 1.02

Hector13 - Hector13
TheBiggerFish - TheBiggerFish

Not Voting - TheWetSheep, Imic,  fillipk, TheDarkStar

The Green Color in the Votecounts does not reflect any confirmed alignment.
With 6 Alive it takes 4 to Lynch!
Day 01 ends at a hammer or 03FEB17 @4pm est
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2017, 05:01:50 pm »

Unvote

Whoops, meant to do that last post. No point in self-voting in RVS...

So, TBF, are you planning on leaving your vote on yourself all day or..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »

::)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »

@hector13:Most likely, yes.

I'm the only person I'm sure is town.  With that in mind, it is better to keep my vote where it might do some good.
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »

I will be prodding players tomorrow, to allow for the weekend.  If replacements are needed I will suspend deadline on Monday to look for them
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2017, 03:40:25 pm »

@hector13:Most likely, yes.

I'm the only person I'm sure is town.  With that in mind, it is better to keep my vote where it might do some good.

So... that's it then? You're going to vote for yourself with your first post, and you're not going to do anything at all to help us figure things out?

::)

Not a great first post. What are you "rolling your eyes" at?

pisskop: looks like TheWetSheep hasn't been active since December 21, so they probably won't be coming back...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2017, 03:41:48 pm »

Since when did I say I wasn't going to help figure things out?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »

How are you going to do that then?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11