Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 33313 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 02:03:29 pm »

Didn't I give you guys some kind of map or beacon or something?
((A set of guidestones, yes.))

"Reply:  Just more empty cave, though the ground at least seems easily traversable.
Statement: This one has also dimmed its staff somewhat, so that you will not be blinded quite as badly.
Additional statement: This one will consult the guidestones before we move on, so that we do not start off in the wrong direction."

Look around, can I see a bit further down this corridor?

Regardless, consult the guidestones for which way we should start off in. Use robutt computing if the guidestones themselves don't provide enough info.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 02:15:09 pm »

Get on over to Clunkers.

"I'd give about twenty percent odds these fucks fell into the crack over yonder, forty-five percent that it goes right down to a slavering idiot god at the core of the Underdark. Any findings on your end?"
Didn't I give you guys some kind of map or beacon or something?
((A set of guidestones, yes.))

"Reply:  Just more empty cave, though the ground at least seems easily traversable.
Statement: This one has also dimmed its staff somewhat, so that you will not be blinded quite as badly.
Additional statement: This one will consult the guidestones before we move on, so that we do not start off in the wrong direction."

Look around, can I see a bit further down this corridor?

Regardless, consult the guidestones for which way we should start off in. Use robutt computing if the guidestones themselves don't provide enough info.

The guidestones swivel around in your hand for a moment, then point down the tunnel Clunkers is in, light green streaks in their surface glowing faintly. Think the cart will fit up there?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 02:49:13 pm »

Wander carefully up the indicated tunnel and try to judge just that.
If it seems too narrow to walk beside the cart in the tunnel, hurry back before the cart gets in there and either ride in/on it or walk behind it instead. Don't want to be stuck out the front of it as we proceed, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »

"Statement: Well, Fiddler Organic, it seems this tunnel is the way to go. Shall we attempt to get the cart in here, or shall we simply leave it behind?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 11:31:45 pm »

Wander carefully up the indicated tunnel and try to judge just that.
If it seems too narrow to walk beside the cart in the tunnel, hurry back before the cart gets in there and either ride in/on it or walk behind it instead. Don't want to be stuck out the front of it as we proceed, after all.

The awkward angle of the carts legs seems like it might be an issue in the tunnel, but hte cart itself is narrow enough, for as far as you go down the tunnel.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 09:41:22 am »

"Statement: Well, Fiddler Organic, it seems this tunnel is the way to go. Shall we attempt to get the cart in here, or shall we simply leave it behind?"

"Don't think a cart's likely to be easy to move as the tunnels get deeper. Best case scenario it's inconvenient, worst case scenario it falls into an abyss. Let's just grab everything we need out of it and leave that guy who hasn't moved at all yet to guard it."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 09:50:55 am »

"Don't think a cart's likely to be easy to move as the tunnels get deeper. Best case scenario it's inconvenient, worst case scenario it falls into an abyss. Let's just grab everything we need out of it and leave that guy who hasn't moved at all yet to guard it."

"Statement: Sounds like a plan. Let's make sure to grab a bit of everything and then set off, yes?"

Grab the guidestones, some torches and some of the food supplies from the cart, as much as I can carry without getting weighed down too much. Then head down the tunnel that the guidestones pointed at, keeping my staff's light in front of me and being careful of where I step.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 10:25:46 am »

Ditto on grabbing all I can comfortably carry and following as well.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 05:53:34 pm »

THe stones glow dim, with several long, winding branches pointing forward. As you hike, branches of the tunnel appear. The commstones seem to indicate these branches, usually with one line glowing brightly, and the others taking on a dull grey appearance. After about two hours, you arrive at a more uncertain branching. there is a drop-off to the left of a wide, gently sloping flow. A solid looking bridge of stone crosses the chasm and a rough, tall tunnel proceeds into the darkness. To the right, a rock chimney extends upward about forty feet or more. It's nearly vertical, but there are lots of places to put hands and feet, so climbing it looks tricky, but not unreasonable. Both paths are lit by the stones. The line indicating the climb is brighter and shorter, but the other glows a steady blue as well.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »

"Query: Which path should we take, Fiddler organic? Both seem to bring us closer to our destination. This one leans towards the tunnel, because this one isn't really built for climbing."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »

"See, the nice thing about a tunnel is that if something nasty is in it you can run back the same way. Not so easy with a vertical shaft!"

Over the bridge and into the tunnels!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 04:56:44 pm »

over the Bridge and into the tunnel indeed. Keep my staff in front of me and look well where I place my feet. Don't rush, because we don't want to do something stupid, take our time crossing over.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 09:51:22 pm »

You guys head on into the tunnel. After another couple hours of hiking, You slow to a stop for a minute. Ahead, there is a sound, a gentle whisper, like the sound of wind, or of people trying to be quiet around a dying person or a finicky sleeping baby.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 02:41:25 am »

"Whispered statement: Fiddler organic, it would seem there is something ahead. How do you wish to proceed?
Whispered suggestion: This one has no problem going first, though this one's staff and eye-lights are sure to alert whatever is ahead."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 04:13:27 pm »

"Well, since you're offering, do feel free to forge ahead there. I'll cover you from behind. Worst comes to worst, I let loose the Voice."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27