Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 33291 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2017, 07:29:35 pm »

Clunkers takes a few steps back from the spider threads.

"unsurprised statement: Yes, it's definately spiders. Rather small ones over here. But this one calculates that the chance of there being massive ones further in is exceedingly high.
Suggestion: This one doesn't suppose any of you have flamethrowers with you, by any chance?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2017, 07:35:12 pm »

"Might be able to shout them out, but I'd rather save that for something more urgent. Let's just try and carve a path through it, maybe. Anybody got a machete?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2017, 07:47:01 pm »

"Statement: This one still has a lightning charge stored up inside of its staff from the priest back when. Perhaps that would be enough to set the strands on fire? Carving a path seems like a dangerous idea, especially since the large spiders will surely be attracted by it."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2017, 08:26:18 pm »

Lets use that fat to make torches light and fire would both be useful

Find any stick like object (NOT INCLUDING CHEST ITEMS) to cover the top in fat and fire then start burning the webs
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2017, 05:10:08 am »

"That's a surprisingly good idea! Good thinking there."

Just in case though retreat back from the entrance.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2017, 09:32:46 am »

Provide a lightsource for my comrades by shining my stafflight and eyelight where they need to see.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2017, 08:45:42 pm »

Lets use that fat to make torches light and fire would both be useful

Find any stick like object (NOT INCLUDING CHEST ITEMS) to cover the top in fat and fire then start burning the webs
While your copanions watch, you grab a bone, laying in a corner or the mysterious room, and plunge one end into the burning fat. a strange, hollow wail emantates from teh bone. "Just our collective imagination" you mutter, reassuringly, as the wail echoes about the chamber. You stride out, wave the bone at the webs, and set them on fire. They take quite well. Soon, the hallway is filled with the merry sounds of crackling fire, panicked howling and thrashing, and your and fiddler's coughing. For a brief time, the corridor is filled with the merry sight of dancing flames, thrashing cocoon, and scattering spiders, whistling and popping as they scurry around. And then your vision is occluded by the thick black smoke that pours forth. You reel back from the heat and try to catch your breath.

"That's a surprisingly good idea! Good thinking there."

Just in case though retreat back from the entrance.
You stand well back, but the sheer volume of smoke catches you by surprise and you are caught up in the thick, oily cloud.

Provide a lightsource for my comrades by shining my stafflight and eyelight where they need to see.
Your light is helpful until the smoke becomes too thick to see through.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »

run back into the the treasure room away form the oily cloud.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2017, 09:23:21 pm »

follow him and get on the ground where there should be clearer air

This was a bad idea
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2017, 08:35:09 am »

"I think less ventilation is required!"

Close the door. See if that helps. Get down on the ground.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2017, 11:22:24 am »

"Content statement: This one is often reminded of the perks of not having to breathe. This is even the second time in a single day, some kind of new record."

As my companions are stop, drop and rolling for air, stay outside of the vault and help close the door if needed.

THEN, load one of my ice magic totems into my staff. Configuring it to a wide beam, shoot the ice magic into the fire, hopefully acting as kind of an icy gale that pushed the smoke back into the flaming corridor and away from the vault.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2017, 07:58:00 pm »

follow him and get on the ground where there should be clearer air

This was a bad idea
"I think less ventilation is required!"

Close the door. See if that helps. Get down on the ground.
you all skeddadle, crawl, and cough your way into a nice little enclosed space, filled with smoke. You get low and find some less blackened air down there. hmm, let's see. Zylo collapses into a ball on the floor having uncontrollable coughing fits, while Fiddler sits calmly against the door, shaking his head and patting his coat pockets for a cigar and matches.

Meanwhile, the fat in the vat starts to boil and rise, trickling down the sides of it's enclosure in fiery little streaks.

"Content statement: This one is often reminded of the perks of not having to breathe. This is even the second time in a single day, some kind of new record."

As my companions are stop, drop and rolling for air, stay outside of the vault and help close the door if needed.

THEN, load one of my ice magic totems into my staff. Configuring it to a wide beam, shoot the ice magic into the fire, hopefully acting as kind of an icy gale that pushed the smoke back into the flaming corridor and away from the vault.

these were one shot items, right? I don't remember them. Well, you load one into your staff and spray ahead. The smoke quickly turns to hissing, black steam. You march forward one step at a time, clearing about thirty feet before your totem burns out and drops out of your staff. it sounds like the fire is still going strong, further along. The web must have been more extensive than you expected.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2017, 08:00:43 pm »

((They were indeed my one shot items given for this mission, they're in my char sheet. Could you just tell me the smoke situation right outside the vault for now? That's info we need right now and since I'm standing right there anyway I might as well ask.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2017, 09:05:43 pm »

((They were indeed my one shot items given for this mission, they're in my char sheet. Could you just tell me the smoke situation right outside the vault for now? That's info we need right now and since I'm standing right there anyway I might as well ask.))
I saw them in your sheet on the Charsheet thread. Clunkers is surrounded by billowing steam, so it's hard for him to see the vault. But that means it's probably still problematic back there as well.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2017, 07:30:17 am »

Clunkers wobbles over to the vault door and taps it a few times with his staff.

"With raised voice: This one doesn't know if you can hear this one in there, but this one has extinguished the fires closest to the vault. This one has thusly replaced the smoke with steam. How are you doing in there?"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27