Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 33317 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 04:20:09 pm »

Clunkers just shrugs and begins moving forward.

Carefully make my way forward towards the sound. If I am attacked, be ready to defend myself.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »

Carefully edge behind Clunkers, letting him walk first into any danger as I observe from a safe-ish distance.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »

You move forward, but teh edge of your lamplight seems not to move forward with you, as if the tunnel refused to be seen. after a few more feet, though it becomes apparent that this is because the tunnel is obstructed by a large, dark mass. The color is hard to determine in this lighting. The mass seems to be made of a thick collection of feathery fronds, hanging from walls and ceiling. You can see some low gaps at the base of the mass. The fronds are moving a bit, and that seems to be the source of the sound.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2016, 02:35:14 am »

"Statement: Fiddler organic, this one thinks that moving forward might be a bit of an issue. And the issue is a bit disgusting."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 02:46:05 am »

Thrips considered pressing bravely onwards to investigate this strange obstacle, then... decided his talents were better used elsewhere.
Someone had to keep an eye on the cart, after all!

Hang around the cart as a rearguard of sorts, keeping eyes and ears open for anything coming from that direction.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 06:32:05 am »

"Statement: Fiddler organic, this one thinks that moving forward might be a bit of an issue. And the issue is a bit disgusting."

"Isn't it always? Maybe try seeing if you can poke your way into one of those gaps. Maybe they're not actually slavering jaws, you never know. Alternatively, let's just say bugger to all this and try the shaft instead."

Watch with mild disgust.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2016, 12:17:27 pm »

"Disgusted statement: Why must all organic beings be so disgusting, Fiddler organic? Why the many, moving folds, instead of just a nice, clean, even surface?
Statement: This one will take a closer look at the gaps before we decide what to do. If only out of morbid Curiosity, if nothing else. "

Carefully get closer to the mass, and inspect the gaps at the base. Crank up the light on my staff if I can't see clearly, but make sure to crank it back down once I'm done.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2016, 02:24:16 pm »

Thrips considered pressing bravely onwards to investigate this strange obstacle, then... decided his talents were better used elsewhere.
Someone had to keep an eye on the cart, after all!

Hang around the cart as a rearguard of sorts, keeping eyes and ears open for anything coming from that direction.
The others left the cart in the starting cavern, half a day back. I'm hoping you were planning on coming along with those two instead, but if you want, you can chill back there. I kinda doubt they'll be coming back for you though.

"Isn't it always? Maybe try seeing if you can poke your way into one of those gaps. Maybe they're not actually slavering jaws, you never know. Alternatively, let's just say bugger to all this and try the shaft instead."

Watch with mild disgust.
"Disgusted statement: Why must all organic beings be so disgusting, Fiddler organic? Why the many, moving folds, instead of just a nice, clean, even surface?
Statement: This one will take a closer look at the gaps before we decide what to do. If only out of morbid Curiosity, if nothing else. "

Carefully get closer to the mass, and inspect the gaps at the base. Crank up the light on my staff if I can't see clearly, but make sure to crank it back down once I'm done.
You look at the gaps below. basically, the growths don't quite reach the floor. You can't see far though, as the floor is uneven and the fronds hang unevenly. a few of the fronds billow out a bit in your direction as you get close.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2016, 02:30:16 pm »

"Disgusted statement: Right, so the fonds don't quite reach the floor, which is a good thing. But they do try to move towards this one as he gets close, which is a bad thing.
Query: What say you, Fiddler organic? Do we attempt to crawl under the disgusting fonds, or do we double back towards the shaft?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 05:01:55 pm »

"Well, the trouble is that if you were to crawl under it, that would tell me precisely nothing about whether the thing was deadly poison! Instead it would only tell me if it intends to gnash anything going under it. So I would still have some reservations following you! Let's try the shaft instead, I say."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2016, 05:10:41 pm »

Clunkers shrugs.

"Relieved statement: This is fine by this one. This one doesn't wish to crawl under such a disgusting thing anyway.
Suggestion: Perhaps Fiddler organic should climb the shaft once we get there. In addition to being lighter and more agile than this one, this one is probably able to stop your fall should you slip using magic."

Retrace our steps back to the shaft/chimney and look around there.
Should Fiddler attempt to climb it right away, be on stand by to stop him in mid-air with my clockwork magic should he slip.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 06:10:51 pm »

"It's only fair, I suppose."

Get back to the chimneyshaft and start climbing down up (with a rope if we have one!), relying on my munchkin powers, great care and fun size to keep me from certain death.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 06:15:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 06:13:54 pm »

((Didn't the chimneyshaft go up? This is all going to get hella confusing as we get further in.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2016, 06:16:01 pm »

((Didn't the chimneyshaft go up? This is all going to get hella confusing as we get further in.))

((So it did! I tend to miss these things, since the assumption in a cave complex is that you're always going down.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »

((So it did! I tend to miss these things, since the assumption in a cave complex is that you're always going down.))
((That was my first thought as well, but I had to look back at the previous poststo remember what our alternative route was. Maybe this isn't a cave at all. Or maybe it was designed by M.C. Escher.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27