Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 33265 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »

wander towards the sound of yelling.
You wander toward echos. You backtrack over your own mental trail several times. At one point, your glowing footsteps appear at head height. At another time, they emerge from the floor, and proceed nearly straight up. the shouting gets a bit louder, maybe, but then it suddenly stops, leaving you alone with your hallucinations again.

"Observation: This one feels that yelling isn't really getting us anywhere.
Suggestion: Perhaps we should just go deeper into the tunnel, perhas we will run across an UnderDwarf along the way. We should also keep this humming in mind, it seems somewhat ominous."

Close my magic resistant cloak around me, and make sure my staff is set to absorb magic in general.

Observe effects of the humming.

You close your cloak around you and turn on your staff. the humming ceases for you. Your staff starts to vibrate.

"Decent enough point, seems like the fuckers are going to make this hard on us."

Listen for the hum and see if it persists after we're done making noise.
It does. it does persist! On the bright side, that ugly little fellow crawls back into the chamber you are currently in. He scuttles pretty quickly overhead, ears laid back against his skull, and face twisted into an intense, but almost comical rictus.

Follow the group

I really need a decent drink after this maybe the under dwarves have some good stuff.
Tagging along intensifies.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2017, 06:03:30 am »

Go grab the guy wandering everywhere and if he doesn't seem to grasp reality give him a dosage of slaps

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2017, 09:14:55 am »

Get close to the wall and preferably remove line of effect between me and wherever he scuttled from. Make ready for some kind of terrible reprisal from their end.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 18, 2017, 02:51:05 pm »

"Confirmation: The humming is definately magical in nature. We had best prepare for the worst."

Hug the wall, keeping my staff towards where the creature came from and my cloak drawn around me. Observe what happens.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2017, 10:57:57 pm »

"Th-thank you," Thrips mumbles, peering through the dark at his barely-seen benefactor.
He takes a cautious sip of his newly-acquired drink.

Take a sip, try and ascertain what kind of drink I was given. If it seems safe enough, nibble the food as well.
Also try and see what that "under elf" creature looks like.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »

Go grab the guy wandering everywhere and if he doesn't seem to grasp reality give him a dosage of slaps
You don't know where he is. he doesn't know where he is. You barely know where you are.

Get close to the wall and preferably remove line of effect between me and wherever he scuttled from. Make ready for some kind of terrible reprisal from their end.
that seems like a good idea. You shou ... that ominous hum is ... you should totally ... What is that anyway? is that ... music? It's almost like you can recognize the melody, though the echos make it a little indistinct. perhaps if you got closer.

"Confirmation: The humming is definately magical in nature. We had best prepare for the worst."

Hug the wall, keeping my staff towards where the creature came from and my cloak drawn around me. Observe what happens.
Your staff is vibrating intensely, like an angry bee trying to escape your clutches. Giglam says something to you, you think. Fiddler stares into darkness. the creature scuttles back into the farthest recesses of the room, peering back the way you came and wringing it's hands and feet.

"Th-thank you," Thrips mumbles, peering through the dark at his barely-seen benefactor.
He takes a cautious sip of his newly-acquired drink.

Take a sip, try and ascertain what kind of drink I was given. If it seems safe enough, nibble the food as well.
Also try and see what that "under elf" creature looks like.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

It's something fruity, but earthy. tastes almost metallic. the food is edible, and before you know it, you are reaching for another, though none are left to be eaten. the Under Elf is a pale, thin creature, rahter small and oddly shaped, like it was made out of bat droppings or half molten rock or something.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2017, 06:50:45 pm »

Make sure I grip my staff tightly, don't let myself get butterfingers now. Go stand right next to Fiddler, making sure my cloak is touching him and the staff near the two of us.

Ask question below to the creature. Also check if the humming/vibrating of my staff is filling up one of its magical energy containers, and how much of it, to gauge the intensity of the magic being used here.

"Concerned statement: Fiddler Organic, this humming is clearly magical in nature. This one feels that, from the intensity, some kind of effect is woven into it."

He turns his one good eye towards the creature.

"Gentle Query: Good creature, we mean you no harm. Do you know what is happening here, what this humming is all about? Is it the underdwarves?"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »

Well keep wandering I guess. Move towards the music if I can.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2017, 07:50:45 am »

"The caves are alive with the sound of music, you mean? I may have the thing for the feckers. Let's see here..."

Do I have enough use in my hands to play the fiddle? If yes, countersong that shit!

If not, interpret Clunkers' strange machine dialect for the understanding of this here creature.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2017, 09:03:02 am »

Stay out of the way and try not to get killed
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2017, 01:11:07 pm »

Make sure I grip my staff tightly, don't let myself get butterfingers now. Go stand right next to Fiddler, making sure my cloak is touching him and the staff near the two of us.

Ask question below to the creature. Also check if the humming/vibrating of my staff is filling up one of its magical energy containers, and how much of it, to gauge the intensity of the magic being used here.

"Concerned statement: Fiddler Organic, this humming is clearly magical in nature. This one feels that, from the intensity, some kind of effect is woven into it."

He turns his one good eye towards the creature.

"Gentle Query: Good creature, we mean you no harm. Do you know what is happening here, what this humming is all about? Is it the underdwarves?"
one of the energy containers cracks. When you touch Fiddler with the cloak,, it's like when you build up static on a carpet and touch someone else, only with an intense magical field instead. An explosion of feathers obscures your view of Fiddler as he is violently flung away from you. You kinda don't get the chance to speak to the UnderDwarf.

"The caves are alive with the sound of music, you mean? I may have the thing for the feckers. Let's see here..."

Do I have enough use in my hands to play the fiddle? If yes, countersong that shit!

If not, interpret Clunkers' strange machine dialect for the understanding of this here creature.

Well, Clunkers touched you with his cloak and a concentrated blast of charm magic rushes through your soul and body. You are flung away from the metal man by the discharge. You are twisted horribly, beak extending to a needle point, red-tipped black feathers covering your whole body, which is now thin, long, and wiry. You no longer have hands, nor the ability to speak normal languages, but your voice is stronger than before. As is your rage. You feel a deep, intense, indiscriminate need to kill.

Yeah, you're a vicious bird monster now.

Well keep wandering I guess. Move towards the music if I can.
Toward the music eh? You move along, listening for the music. It is dim, faint, and far, but you feel it - that way! You feel your way along, and suddenly fall. the fall feels like a long time, but in reality it lasts a second or so. You get he wind knocked out of you, but you think you are otherwise unharmed. The music is definitely closer now. Stronger. More enticing.

Stay out of the way and try not to get killed
You and the Underdwarf stare at Clunkers and Fiddler for a moment, then stare at each other, slightly openmouthed. You seem to come to the same conclusion together, and the two of you cheese it, right the fuck back the way you came. You don't stop running until you are surrounded by ashes and the faint glow of cooling embers, the smell of burned spider strong in your .... gills, I guess. "Out! We must get out! This place is bad. Death everywhere. We must flee!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2017, 10:15:06 am »

Look for some UnderDwarves to dismember and eviscerate.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2017, 11:45:14 am »

move towards the music, let's see how far the rabbit hole goes.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »

Stand still and be like an inanimate hunk of bronze, so as to not entice Fiddler to attack me involuntarely. If he does, use my reusable clockwork magic booster and Assume Direct Control to root him in place.

If Fiddlerbird goes to cut up some underdwarves, wait a minute or so and then follow him, to observe the carnage from a distance.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 23, 2017, 06:06:06 pm »

Grab the Underdwarf and question where the fuck he came from I didnt see him before
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27