Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 59741 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: Ice and Decay
« on: November 21, 2016, 11:54:04 am »

original thread
Piecewise inspired this game, and I stole heavily from the mechanics, setting, and playerbase.

Each team is assigned a cart. they are odd looking, with a metal band around the lower portion of their bed, and some odd attachments on top as well. You don't have much time to inspect them at the moment though.

Both Teams, Team Green and Team Red line up with their carts, and are told to march. The carts are aimed directly into the kitchen, which is weird, but It's Omega, so you march. You pass through the Dining area, navigating awkwardly through the jumble of tables and other furniture and appliances, and promptly get the carts wedged in the doorway to the kitchen. Everyone sort of jostles, some trying to push them through, some trying to pull them free, some just standing back and laughing, when the floor drops out from under your appendages.

You fall a couple feet, land with a crash, and start to roll and slide down a 30 degree sloping metal floor. A quick look behind tells you that the bottom end of this slope is open to air. Your carts land roughly, bounce a little, and slowly start to roll toward that wide pen nothingness, slower that you would expect from such a slope, but nevertheless, fast enough to be alarming.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:15:32 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:55:32 pm »

Why do they keep transporting us so recklessly? This is horrible planning. Now the carts are going to get damaged and people are going to get hurt if they land poorly.
try not to break anything

GM: there's basically no actions people can make at this point, why not just continue?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:58:31 pm »

Farprobe the pit.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:34:07 pm »

Rolling.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »

Why do they keep transporting us so recklessly? This is horrible planning. Now the carts are going to get damaged and people are going to get hurt if they land poorly.
try not to break anything

GM: there's basically no actions people can make at this point, why not just continue?
No, but there is. And there area actions that need to be done, or else the carts and a number of you are going to go tumbling into space. that open to air slope is like a window, or something.

Farprobe the pit.
It's ... the opening is like a hangar door onto the side of a vast cliff with nothing below it for ... a long way. The cliff curves backward below you as well.

Rolling.
You sure?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:57:06 pm »

This is very much not okay. I may have to disembowel an officer for this stupid shit.
Claws out, claws dig in to stop me, bite cart, freeze axels of carts so the wheels can't turn until it melts, adding friction to try to stop things from falling. What is up at the top of the slope?

EDIT: Wait a sec. Wait one freaking moment. Describe them carts in a bit more detail please. Are the things going to fly? literally? As in what we should be doing is getting into the carts, not stopping them? In that case I need to change my action and so do many others. How big are the carts anyway? Am I not going to be able to fit in my current form? I hatred for the homicidaly stupid and I really am going to kill the mission planner, this idea is that fucking dumb, is completly unchanged in that case by the way, because fuck you why the fuck weren't we told to get into the fucking carts this is complete and utter horseshit.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:11:07 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:38:22 pm »

Team Green, Dar'yajira, druidic cat

Dar'yajira immediately hops out of the cart, and scampers a short distance away.  Then he sees Aylia trying to stop it, and rushes back, trying to take on the aspect of rock and stone.  He'll stand in the cart's way and push back, trying to block it.  He'll get out of its way if it looks like it's gonna roll over him or something, though.

Spoiler: My sides! XD (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 03:42:16 pm »

Cho Ja, Team two

assist with restraining my teams cart.

maybe tie my rope to the cart and something on the floor or wall then slow the carts descent so as to prevent the rope from snapping when it runs out of slack.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:03:50 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 05:39:28 pm »

>>> TEAM GREEN <<< (probably? It was described as "Squad one" before.)
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

Grab the cart and pull it back up the slope. If it looks like my team have our cart in hand, help with the other team's cart.
Look up the slope. does it level off at some point?

((Given that we've got 11 people running around this thread, I strongly suggest that we put team and name at the top of the post, at least for now.))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:41:19 pm by Egan_BW »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 05:44:33 pm »

Team red
Stahp the cart and try to tie the rope onto it to hold

"Guys, help me here. I'll try and get some rope tied so we can better hold on."

((Alright))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 07:26:40 pm »

Team Green
No. No, I am quite unsure. I should probably just help hold down the carts until I am, so do that instead.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 07:41:09 pm »

Spoiler: My sides! XD (click to show/hide)
((Incoherence Intentional, is best way to portray rage))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 08:33:06 pm »

Team Red

Grab onto someone grabbing onto the cart, and help pull.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 08:38:45 pm »

Team 2  I don't know which one it translates too

tie my rope to the cart then try to pull it away from the cliff
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »

Team Random Stranger Guy

Accelerate unto the ground, and attempt to convert my diagonal downwards motion into forwards momentum by rolling. And praying.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:17:15 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49