Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 59740 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »

GREEN TEAM
Trier Cirurgian
Jump out of the cart and use my natural spikiness to embed myself in the ground while maintaining a firm grip on the cart to prevent it from rolling off the cliff.

How nice, it's a slow death trap. But with a quick death at the end.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:11:24 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 11:39:35 am »

Noir is currently helping jack with a sigh breathing deep.
Help jack out

((Been on a bit of a hiatus sorry. Team red))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:48:05 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 11:43:27 am »

(I guess I'm team red.)
I guess I also fall. It try to stop myself using my hands I'll help to stop the cart.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 01:50:31 pm »

Day One: The Many Transportation Woes of Omega Legion

Squad One
This is very much not okay. I may have to disembowel an officer for this stupid shit.
Claws out, claws dig in to stop me, bite cart, freeze axels of carts so the wheels can't turn until it melts, adding friction to try to stop things from falling. What is up at the top of the slope?

EDIT: Wait a sec. Wait one freaking moment. Describe them carts in a bit more detail please. Are the things going to fly? literally? As in what we should be doing is getting into the carts, not stopping them? In that case I need to change my action and so do many others. How big are the carts anyway? Am I not going to be able to fit in my current form? I hatred for the homicidaly stupid and I really am going to kill the mission planner, this idea is that fucking dumb, is completly unchanged in that case by the way, because fuck you why the fuck weren't we told to get into the fucking carts this is complete and utter horseshit.
Team Green, Dar'yajira, druidic cat

Dar'yajira immediately hops out of the cart, and scampers a short distance away.  Then he sees Aylia trying to stop it, and rushes back, trying to take on the aspect of rock and stone.  He'll stand in the cart's way and push back, trying to block it.  He'll get out of its way if it looks like it's gonna roll over him or something, though.

Spoiler: My sides! XD (click to show/hide)
Team Green
No. No, I am quite unsure. I should probably just help hold down the carts until I am, so do that instead.
GREEN TEAM
Trier Cirurgian
Jump out of the cart and use my natural spikiness to embed myself in the ground while maintaining a firm grip on the cart to prevent it from rolling off the cliff.

How nice, it's a slow death trap. But with a quick death at the end.
With a lot of shouting, growling, and yowling, you guys get hold of your cart and pull it to a stop. The Crystal guy manages to embed some crystals into the pitted metal surface of the slope and grow them up around the bottom part of the wheels to act as brakes, and someone finds the actual brake and sets that as well. Still, parking on a thirty degree slope is less than optimal. some of the packages on board slide off the back of the cart and down the slope a bit. All is recoverable except one apple, bouncing and rolling merrily away, only to hop high into the air at the end of the slope and sail in a graceful arc down out of sight.

Now that you've got a moment, Aylia inspects the cart and discovers that the undercarraige is a mass of confusing beams, ropes, pulleys, and cloth. The driver seat has a strange variety of levers, knobs, buttons, dials, and valves as well. Oh, and the carts are like settler wagons - the base is about three feet off the ground, they are fifteen feet long by eight wide, and the top sits about eight feet up from the ground, so five feet from the floor, and three feet from the top of the base, which is two feet thick, owing to the odd assortment of things underneath. The top can be raised or removed. And now, the part that might make you really angry - Omega didn't send any pack animals. Gods know why.

Squad Two
Cho Ja, Team two

assist with restraining my teams cart.

maybe tie my rope to the cart and something on the floor or wall then slow the carts descent so as to prevent the rope from snapping when it runs out of slack.

Team red
Stahp the cart and try to tie the rope onto it to hold

"Guys, help me here. I'll try and get some rope tied so we can better hold on."

((Alright))
Team Red

Grab onto someone grabbing onto the cart, and help pull.
Team 2  I don't know which one it translates too

tie my rope to the cart then try to pull it away from the cliff
Noir is currently helping jack with a sigh breathing deep.
Help jack out

((Been on a bit of a hiatus sorry. Team red))
(I guess I'm team red.)
I guess I also fall. It try to stop myself using my hands I'll help to stop the cart.
Likewise, you guys get your cart stopped without much problem. Between the six of you you even push it up the slope to a place where the metal floor bends. it's flat up here, and you tie the cart down o some metal framing running between the floor and the ceiling.

Squad Random Stranger
Team Green

Accelerate unto the ground, and attempt to convert my diagonal downwards motion into forwards momentum by rolling. And praying.

???

A completely unknown stranger drops to the slope, tucks and rolls, building up speed until they launch themself  out into the void, chasing Squad One's lone apple as it tumbles from view. "I totally got thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!!!"

Welcome to Omega Legion, Coolrune. Click the link at the top of the thread, and buuild yourself a character, if you like. If you do, I'll drop you in with these guys When it's complete. Alternatively, my other game, Grunts, might be more your playstyle. I don't recall if you've been to that one or not.

Everyone
Now that you have a moment to breath curses at the Captains, you scan the room you are in. It's about the size of a football field (either version), and is dull, rusty, and derelict.

The walls are lined with concrete and steel pillars and metal frameworks.

The wall to the right (when you are looking out the 'hangar door', which itself is just a big, torn off former wall) is broken - he pillars are snapped or torn free from the floor or ceiling. Some are leaning sideways, and two are laying across the floor.
The ceiling, twenty or more feet up, is likewise supported by steel beams, and has fixtures of unknown purpose, along with lots of ducts.
The back of the room - the one away from the jagged opening, looks almost normal - there is a flat space of about twenty feet wide where the metal floor sits level. Several man sized doorways sit in that wall.
There are larger doorways - large enough to drive your carts through - on the side walls, but only one of those is accessible, as the others are either along the torn part, or are covered in debris. The accessible one is on the wall to the left, up near the back wall.

As you look around, a duct detaches from the ceiling and drops twenty five feet or more, to land with a reverberating clang, which crumples the duct into an obscene L shape. It then falls on it's side nearly as noisily, and slides with an ear piercing shriek about thirty yards toward the windy beyond before coming to an awkward rest. Outside, the air is deep blue, like late the dusk or very early morning sky would be, in civilized places.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »

Team 1(green)
Just... hold the cart until the team decides what to do.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »

Team red

"Alright, I got a plan. We get some people in those ducts. I got a grappelling hook and some.  Someone who is good at throwing things can use them to get up there. Once we get it up, I say we send the zombie up there as he seems the toughest out of all of us. Noir and I can go check into that area.

Rest of us can go search through the doors.

Let's meet back here in say...fifteen minutes.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »

Aylia, Mission Lead, Acompanying Team Green
((Current appearance: A giant blue cat in 'light' (for a giant blue cat) armor, with a small collar, a saddle and saddlebags. A bow and quivver of arrows are strapped to the outside of the saddle.))
I walk over to Jack, who is taking charge of Red team, and carefully pass him a bracelet. I then walk over to Asiin the turtlehealer, and pass him a matching one.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »

Jack accepts the bracelet with a bit of confusion before putting it on.
 He then softly speaks

"May I ask what this is? And more so, how it works?" 
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »

Noir notices Aylia and gives a small smile kinda limping over to try to hug her
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 03:59:14 pm »

The bracelets each have a small locket on them.

I allow Noir to hug me, but stare at Dar, meowing to him for him to translate to the rest.
"Inside bracelet lockets are Star Sprites. Tiny messenger fairies. Very quick, glow when moving, not invulnerable. Locket interiors are Star Sprite homes, keep on your person, helps them find you. Use as needed, return after mission."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 04:24:26 pm »

"Allow ustocomunicate. Understood. I will comunicate what my team finds with our quick searches. I suspect our main course of action will lay through one of those doors and the vents. Perhaps the squid guy in the ducts if they line up with the rooms, offer better suport and ability to surprise hpstiles.

The Hole in the wall likely leads to the inner workings to the innerworkings of this place and another large area. I don't plan to go too far, just enough to get an ideal.

Oh ducts do seem dangerously unstable, so if we do send anyone in they need to be light and capable of surviving a fall. As such I'd ask that you guys send someone such as the cat into the vents seing as it is smalest and lightest of us here. Please report what you see.

If you do send the cat through the vents I will likely split my group in half for this quick bit of scouting. With the Samuel, Varrick, and the bug guy  going together to search through the doors.

The squid man, who's name I haven't seemed to have gotten...sorry. Noir. And I will be going through the hole in the wall

We will work out where we will go after we return.
 "

((just realized I got solam and samuel confused, not that it makes much of a difference, I am just going to shift the group around a bit.))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 04:26:03 pm »

>>> TEAM GREEN <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

((Asiin is female, but that would be somewhat difficult to figure out unless you also happen to be a reptile.))

Asiin holds the bracelet up to the light to examine it more closely.
"Very interesting. This sort of item is exactly why I left home in the first place.
Thank you- ah, I do not know your name?"

You seem to have missed my last action, not that it mattered for that turn.
Take the bracelet. Check to make sure that none of the party got injured by the fall.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 04:43:20 pm »

((My apologies on getting the species and gender wrong, and Aylia has advantages in such things, she should have gotten it right.))
((I guess I'll assume Dar is willing to translate and does it accurately and just go with it since Spaz and Egan both did, but bear in mind that if Dar doesn't translate then the entire conversation will have to change))
"Jack's plan is good. Asiin, I handed you Star Sprite bracelet because I want you to lead. I'll take over if you have trouble."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:56 pm »

Team rocket  Red

Put on bracelet and go with the plan,
Unless anyone complains it will be the following:
Quick 15 minute bit of scouting

Samuel, Varick, and cho ja search through the doors at the back of the room,

Noir, terrance, and I go through the hole i  the wall to the right.

We mark our trails with rope if possible and keep any openinings and doors open. We avoid hostiles if possible.

If hostiles attack I am personaly going to try and take them out at range and keep them from attacking terrance or Noir

If the room we enter is safe I am going to lead Noir away from Terrance, but not out of sight and whisper some things to her (I'll pm them to her and ozy if I am able to carry out this action)

Everyone is allowed to make variations to this as they wish and as needed,
This is just a base plan I came up with for a quick bit of scouting.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »

Scout with Samuel and Cho being sure to be a few steps behind them with my bow ready
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49