Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 59826 times)

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #435 on: January 18, 2017, 08:34:12 am »

((Ah great they're flying to it, it might work.))
Did I see what the big thing was? Do I have any idea? By the way does my character need to need or not? I wait for my teammates to succeed/fail, if they need my help to pull, I will.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:31 pm »

Give Noir the hook and rope and be ready to help her
"Guys help me here!"
she's got the rope. You wonder4 if it will reach. seems short.

I continue to rest and observe, If we miss on this pass I'll be joining in during the next pass's attempt - have a plan that will require the timeskip to implement.
Alright. You are developing a reasonable sense of the star sprite's form. You note that, like other rare forms, this one is somehow more difficult to change to, somehow more intense for one thing. Somehow more expansive? You think you can get the basics of the fomr, but may not get all the unique aspects.

Go watch Noir fly, and try to guide her.
"There! One of the carts is there! the other one is further back and up!"

"Stay safe, please stay safe."
Noir turns to jack a smile crossing her face as she takes the hook carefully and flaps her wings giving jack a kiss before shegoes to fly up and attach the hook and hopefully bring it down.
take jacks hook and rope fly up to the carts and attach the hook and rope.
(1) you leap out into 'space,' Spread your wings, glide for a minute, and then begin to nose dive well ahead of the carts. you tumble down, the wall of the building/planet thingy flashing in your vision as you rotate. you catch glimpses of the carts, one closer, one farther back, as you fall. and then you find yourself falling UP. Not back toward the group, but up in the other directions - as in, you are falling in the same direction, but it feels like an up now, rather than a down.

Dar'll continue exploring, using his druidic senses to try and find where an exit from this metallic labyrinth might be.  He'll go back to the group to look outside if there aren't any clear leads.
Hell, man, the exit is that big gaping hole in the world behind you. hmm. you feel that someone in your party gcan get you back to Omega, if need be. as for the rest of it, yo uget a vague sense of downward and inward. Like where Samuel went on his explore.

Hope that Noir can bring back both carts without delay or trouble.
You watc h in dismay the procedings. You experience a deep sense of foreboding and shudder. Doom is all around you. Doooooooooom!

((That's what's confusing me then - why are they floating now, but they weren't in the start of the mission? Unless I missed something and they were tied down to the floor and I've just really got to pay better attention.))
you know, if you'd have bolded this question, i might have answered it for Ebony.

((Ah great they're flying to it, it might work.))
Did I see what the big thing was? Do I have any idea? By the way does my character need to need or not? I wait for my teammates to succeed/fail, if they need my help to pull, I will.
You did not. it was still quite distant, and still rather vague and shadowy. at best, you think it is stationary, because it never moved at all during your journey. as for needing to ...eat, maybe? no, but you will need water occasionally, because this place is bone dry.

So!
Npir mistimed her jump, caught a bad downdraft, and lost control. She fell. NO! She is not dead. her state is exactly as I described it above, and she may act. We'll make another pass after another timeskip, which will bring us to 2 orbits before dehydration hits.

So! time skip now. I'll give you a few rounds of preparation time if you need it. But any activities for the timeskip, just list them now.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2017, 07:58:28 pm »

((am..i floating with the carts?))
"o-oh....h-help...."
Noir....looks very panicked whimpering their body twitching
how close is carts. can i get in them easily.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2017, 08:07:09 pm »

((am..i floating with the carts?))
"o-oh....h-help...."
Noir....looks very panicked whimpering their body twitching
how close is carts. can i get in them easily.
they aren't particularly far. you'd need to pass a fly roll to reorient yourself and get to one of them. You cn't physically get into both at the same time, though a lot of people seem to assume that they are one item, for some reason.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2017, 08:42:54 pm »

Try to throw my rope, not the hook, just the rope torwards Noir
IF Noir is safe then go search about a bit and check if the omega brand is there and if it's active, before returning to the group,

"um alright, going to toss you some rope Noir, try not to get hurt, please."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:54:25 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:08 pm »

reorient grab rope try to fly to a cart and maybe bring it over if it seems feasable.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2017, 09:52:23 pm »

((...I'm starting to wonder, could we get water if Ebony used Freeze on something and we found a way to make the ice melt. Although come to think of it it's probably magic ice that doesn't melt normally. Or is not great to drink if it does.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

Cho Ja

use bug magic to make as much silk during timeskip as possible and use to to make ropes.

also use summon swarm and check if anything edible is attracted.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:57:44 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2017, 12:52:17 am »

Tell my star sprite to tell Omega that our carts are now tumbling around outside, and that we would appreciate it if they sent another cart. Just one, enough people died that this is now one team, imo.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2017, 01:15:52 am »

I sigh, go over to my saddlebags, and dig out some rope.
I unravel some of my rope, getting long string, I snap off segments and resplice them to give me a very long lead-string attached to my rope. I then splice my ropes together to get the length I need to actually reach the carts. Once Im done with all my knot-tying and rope-splicing, I take the entire oversized bundle near the ledge were trying to catch the carts at. I shift into crow form, and test my own flight abilities, making sure my injury wont impede me or be at risk of opening up. after im sure its safe for me to fly, i fly out to where the carts will pass us, and fly back, a couple times. I need to be comfortable dealing with the gravity reorientation. after all that, ill ask someone to tie the lead-string to my foot. once its tied on, and ive verified the rope and string are not tangled, ill be ready, and will use the remaining time to rest and continue to acquire the star sprite.

plan is to fly out with the lead-string attached in front of the carts, land on a cart as it approaches, shift to normal, pull the rope to myslef using the string, and tie the rope to the cart, then the others can pull the cart down to them. we can get the other cart on a different pass. right now we need one with supplies for people.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:19:09 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:24 pm »

Help with any ropeholding the non-flying people need to do.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2017, 03:33:58 am »

"I'm sure Noir can take care of herself. Let's just trust in her abilities to return. And do we really need the carts? Well probably you guys do. Here take some bottles of water. Please, share.

I give two bottles of water to the group from my manbag (7 bottles left). I'll also help if help is needed (with the rope-and-hook scheme.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 20, 2017, 09:03:19 pm »

Try to throw my rope, not the hook, just the rope torwards Noir
IF Noir is safe then go search about a bit and check if the omega brand is there and if it's active, before returning to the group,

"um alright, going to toss you some rope Noir, try not to get hurt, please."
you already gave Noir your rope, and she is already well out of direct line of sight, so you just pat your pockets thoughtfully and mutter "shulda brought more rope" under your breathe, while looking dourly at the obvious lines and whorls of the Omega Brand spread across your arms.

reorient grab rope try to fly to a cart and maybe bring it over if it seems feasable.
I mean, you still have the rope Jack gave you, so that part is easy enough. You manage to reorient, turn toward one of the carts, and fly juuuuust over it. Like, you could have almost reached out and grabbed it. Disappointed, you look around for the other cart, hoping to maybe fly by that one too when suddenly, the rope at your waist jerks taut, knocking the wind out of you and jerking you in a long, slow arc around, backward, and up. You loop around the cart, which has caught your grapple hook all by itself, and loop one more time, faster, before slamming into the side of the cart hard enough to daze you. You hear the distinct sound of breaking bone and feel a sharp, stabbing pain lance down your wing into your shoulder.
this all happens fairly early in the orbit, so you still have some time to act. try not to be too meta with information gained in this turn though.

((...I'm starting to wonder, could we get water if Ebony used Freeze on something and we found a way to make the ice melt. Although come to think of it it's probably magic ice that doesn't melt normally. Or is not great to drink if it does.))
I'm starting to think you prefer spectating. Ebony is in danger of dissolving into mist at this rate. Post an action, or actually address these things to your friendly neighborhood spiderGM via the time honored method of bolding and not putting brackets around things.

Cho Ja

use bug magic to make as much silk during timeskip as possible and use to to make ropes.

also use summon swarm and check if anything edible is attracted.

I'm gonna roll for swarm first. You fill the air around your friends with locusts. This attracts some of the local aviary. So far, said winged menace is more pest than threat, and you guys are able to shoo them off without much issue.

you get a few fistfuls of webbing and make a single passable rope out of the lot. I think that brings the party's total up to three ropes, one of which Noir has.

Tell my star sprite to tell Omega that our carts are now tumbling around outside, and that we would appreciate it if they sent another cart. Just one, enough people died that this is now one team, imo.
You want to use your Sprite for one of it's intended purposes? What the fuck is wrong with you? -sigh- fiiiiiiine.
Star Sprite disappears in a bright flash of light. You are blinded for a minute by the sudden radiance.

An hour later, a similar flash of light announces the Sprite's return. She bears a note, written in differnet scripts, apparently by different hands. The parts you can understand read thus:

What do you mean, tumbling around outside? the only Outside is ... wait, did you actually drive them into the air around Lathal? And they are tumbling, I assume, because you drove them out there while in wheeled form? Did you even LOOK at the directions?

Statement: there are monsters in the Sky. If you are outside, you might want to try not to look like food.

You are currently out of phase for a materiel transmission. Please wait thirty days, and resend your request.

If you are unable to last thirty days, sned a Sprite, and we will extract you. THe extraction will be quick and risky, though, so please use this method as a last resort. Ah, where are my manners? Besides losing all your supplies and assets to the Sky, how is the mission going? What is the status of the team? Oh ... The Star Sprites must rest for a week or so between trips like this. Please don't try to send this one back, or it might die in the process. And Star Sprites occasionally die rather violently.

Addendum: there are monsters inside Lathal. If you are inside, you might want to try not to look like food.

I sigh, go over to my saddlebags, and dig out some rope.
I unravel some of my rope, getting long string, I snap off segments and resplice them to give me a very long lead-string attached to my rope. I then splice my ropes together to get the length I need to actually reach the carts. Once Im done with all my knot-tying and rope-splicing, I take the entire oversized bundle near the ledge were trying to catch the carts at. I shift into crow form, and test my own flight abilities, making sure my injury wont impede me or be at risk of opening up. after im sure its safe for me to fly, i fly out to where the carts will pass us, and fly back, a couple times. I need to be comfortable dealing with the gravity reorientation. after all that, ill ask someone to tie the lead-string to my foot. once its tied on, and ive verified the rope and string are not tangled, ill be ready, and will use the remaining time to rest and continue to acquire the star sprite.

plan is to fly out with the lead-string attached in front of the carts, land on a cart as it approaches, shift to normal, pull the rope to myself using the string, and tie the rope to the cart, then the others can pull the cart down to them. we can get the other cart on a different pass. right now we need one with supplies for people.
I only see one rope in your personal set list. That will do for about 150 foot of string. You can make it longer, but it will be little more than yarn at 300 foot. the second rope that the team had is 50 ft, and Cho-Ja's webbing rope is about the same length, 50 ft. You may, with string and rope, reach far enough to get to one of the carts. But the string will break if you then try to tie the cart to the rope and the rope to Lathal. the string is your weak point in this equation.

As for flying out there - you discover quickly that the gravity won't be an issue, as it pulls in the same direction outside as it does inside. The problem for you is the wind. It's strong enough to toss you about pretty handily, making controlled flight rather challenging, with your wounded wing. You get about twenty feet out in your several attempts before darting back. On a few of the flights, you feel that you could go much further before being caught up in a gust, as there are calm moments. But, unless you specifically attempt it, i won't send you further than that. the wing might hold up, but it might not. However, one full rotation of the carts is enough time for a second healing attempt, so that might not be an issue. Additionally, you have other flying forms in your stock. One of them might be better suited for the conditions.

all other actions are enough to keep you occupied for this part of the time skip, so no additional Star Sprite acquiring this turn.

Help with any ropeholding the non-flying people need to do.
you busy yourself with knot tying and loop counting and stuff. when the carts come by, if ropes are held, you'll be doing at least some of the holding.

I've apparently completely failed to understand the environment we're in.  What is seeable if one looks out the hole in the side of the structure?  Just space and metal, as far as the eye can see?  Is there no earth anywhere?
Finally. -excited- Yes! Yes! When you look outside it's all Sky! Sky at twilight, giant floating things in the far distance, greyed by atmosphere, and the occasional orbiting bit of debris. Now that Dar's mind is attuned to Lathal, he notes that Lathal is a world in it's own right, though a small one by comparison with the World where Dar's Master and he are from.

Up is Sky, down is Sky. there are glimpses of flaoting things in those directions as well. Far off, but near enough to give him shivers, Dar sees a long, large, tailed thing twisting idly in the air. If the blueness of distance is anything to go by, that thing is big enough to eat a Frost Giant in one swallow.

"I'm sure Noir can take care of herself. Let's just trust in her abilities to return. And do we really need the carts? Well probably you guys do. Here take some bottles of water. Please, share.

I give two bottles of water to the group from my manbag (7 bottles left). I'll also help if help is needed (with the rope-and-hook scheme.
Very generous of you. Let's see: Aylia needs none, nor does Solam, and Noir is off floating through space, so that leaves Dar, Asiin, Ebony the translucent, Jack, and Cho-Ja to share those two bottles. I think.

Hey everyone, Samuel is sharing water with the thirsty. Post actions on how you are sharing that amongst yourselves this round. it's enough to get each of you one more orbit, if that matters.

Also, the carts are approaching, but you have a little planning time here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2017, 09:08:43 pm »

((Sorry, in this instance I'm just not sure what Ebony can do to help. With the rope at least, Ebony has -1 Strength I'm worried she'll roll a 1 and get pulled off with the carts if she tries helping with the ropes, and unlike Noir, Ebony can't fly.))

Ebony would only drink what she required - no big gulps here, others need some too.

Also, would the magic-ice-melting thing work?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:37:54 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49