Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 59891 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2016, 02:56:57 pm »

Green
Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Magic Cat

"Shifter, Dar'yajira believes it should climb itself.  Cat is thankful for assistance, but it is unnecessary."

Well then, Dar will climb up the ruined wall over by the right.  If it'll help, he'll buff himself beforehand, perhaps enhancing his claws so he can grip, or strengthening his hind legs for higher jumps.
Dar concentrates for a moment, getting the feel for the climb. Being a cat, this comes naturally to him. Being a Druid, the nature of this place, though foreign, calls out to him. He settles into a stance and reads the route, then leaps gracefully from broken floor, past the jagged bottom of the broken wall five feet up, and onto one of the diagonal crosspieces, which he walks up with ease. He runs along a horizontal bar as if it were a major highway, and climbs around a few pieces of damaged ductwork and other metallic obstructions. At last, he reaches the closest point he can to the opening to the ductwork, crouches, and ... leaps to the very edge of the dangling duct, which promptly separates from the rest, dropping with Dar thirty feet. Dar tumbles, twists, thrusts off a fallen support beam, and lands in a half run, then dashes across the room when the duct itself clangs down half a second after him. Close, but not quite.

Team green
Gather the items that spilled out of the cart.
You gather the ruined remains of your supplies. Looks like half of them are damaged. something is leaking, creating a hazardous puddle and running down the slope towad the edge of the world. good thing you don't eat, eh?

Aylia, Mission lead, acompanying team Adorable
I nod to Dar, then head over to the cart-sized opening on the Left wall, look through, and assuming I see nothing interesting or concerning, go through and see where it leads.
This room is dimly lit. looks like the main light source is the room you are in. it takes a moment for your eyes to adapt, and with all the noise in your base room, it's hard to hear anything of use. You see piles of rubble and a line of light along what should be the outside wall of the room, as if a bay door is slightly open. this room feels slightly warmer than the one you come from, probably due to the lack of wind. the back wall seems to hold another set of doors, and you can't quite see the far side of this room just yet. From teh looks of it, these several rooms are all one big compound with one purpose, lost to time.

Subteam Triage
Team so that's what you roll general knoldege for.
Trier

blasted magical contraptions, why don't they ever work right.But don't worry about it assiin. I'm fine, aside from a cracked elbow.
accept the healing. Add in my own healing if I can.
>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

"Hold that thought, Sprite."

Asiin jogs over to where Trier fell, and says with genuine concern:
"I'm sorry that I allowed you to hurt yourself with that contraption. If I had known what you would have done with it, I would have found somebody else to look into it. Deepest apologies, again."

Hopefully my healing magics can help put back together a nonorganic creature? I see this brand of magic more as physically putting flesh and such back together, rather than something that works on a biological level, but Trier might just be too alien.
Team ReD!

Tie grappeling hook to rope and try and throw the grappeling hook through the door. Once hook is secure try and climb up rope

"Hello tiny one, I am Jack. I was given you and your family given to others to let us talk. May I ask your name?
after feel free to go and search through my stuff for something to eat. When you are done I ask that you go to the others and tell them I found a door high up and can see some sun light. Tell them I am going to try and get a rope secured so I may take a bit."

Team ADORABLE

Hey wait for me

Throw my grappling hook with rope attached as well then tie my rope to Jack

When you get to the top untie your self and drop the ropes for me. It's safer if you slip this way.

While Jack is climbing go patch up the idiot that messed with the carts
Asiin slowly examines Trier's broken elbow. It's cracked right up the forearm, and it hurts to move. Between Asiin and ... Varrick? the wolfman, between those two they manage a fine splint, and Asiin begins to knit the crystal together, right up to the point at which Trier decides to be 'helpful' again and ads his own crystalline brand of magic. The combination of healing and growth causes the cryystals to spike out suddenly, glancing off Asiin's shell while Varrick dodges and rolls away, snarling. Trier's arm grows a thick shell of crystal, all spiked and cumbersome, rendering that arm all but useless, stiff and immobile. Well, at least the crack is contained. KHH, the following action should explain why I ignored the first hafl of your action.

Red
Team ReD!

Tie grappeling hook to rope and try and throw the grappeling hook through the door. Once hook is secure try and climb up rope when done go untie lenglon's rope and tie mine down.

"Hello tiny one, I am Jack. I was given you and your family given to others to let us talk. May I ask your name?
after feel free to go and search through my stuff for something to eat. When you are done I ask that you go to the others and tell them I found a door high up and can see some sun light. Tell them I am going to try and get a rope secured so I may take a bit."

JAck would then motion for Noir to come closer

"Noir mind coming closer? I'd like to speak to you a bit in private. Terrance feel free to do what you wish. you may help me get a grappeling hook and rope through that door up there or go back and tell the others what I have found... Or feel free to look about, please be cautious."

((also going to start recording arrows left at end of action post

arrows: 20/20))
TEAM RED JACK BEST TEAM
Noir comes over quickly with a small smile and slides up whispering.
"Yeah jack?"
Be ready to catch jack if nesscary if not fly up to where he will be carefully.
"It's impolite to ask a Fey their name. Names have power." Now, I seem to have failed to explain something here. The floor you are standing on, all rubble filled and slanted, has dropped about twelve feet from where it is supposed to be. the wall, on the other hand, has not. Actually, the bottom foot or so has, but the wall is torn apart horizontally, leaving a big-ass gap between the bottom of the wall and the floor. There is nothing in that doorway for your grappling hook to latch onto. Nor is there need, as you can simply step over the broken foundation of the wall into the other room. Again, however, I remind you that Your footing is precarious here.

Team Red- Terrance the Terrapode

Terrance makes a prolonged hissing noise in its throat, and sticks a spare tentacle under its singular orifice in an awkward attempt at the universal "shhhh"-ing gesture. In an unusually hushed tone, it says to Jack and Noir:

"CLOSE YOUR MOUTHS AND OPEN YOUR EAR HOLES. I HEAR SOMETHING."

Find the source of the clicking.
I'm not even rolling this, as ductwork falls from the ceiling, people are making crystal abominations, and generally a loud fuss all in the room you are in. you aren't hearing shit this round.

Subteam Cho
Cho-Ja - team red

explore the room with crates and spools and check for usable tools and supplies.
containers filled with flammables, new ropes and things to use as grappling hooks are of particular interest.

once thats  done, check any additional exits from the room and see where they lead.

Also explore the room AND CHECK FOR TRAPS. See if anything useful is here. Also look if the room leads to other intresting places.
You find neither usable flammables, nor new anything, least of all new rope, nor apparent traps, though some of the racks are leaning ominously. You do find exits to all thre unexplored sides, as well as a stairway to a mezzanine. One of the doors leads to a dark stairwell.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2016, 03:19:30 pm »

Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying Team Adorable

Reminder: Giant Frost Cat form, seeing in the dark won't be much of an issue.

Systematically check out the various doors and areas, starting with the closest.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:32:48 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2016, 03:28:53 pm »

Team Red

"Well I am going to call you Puck. Now Puck, could  you go and check how the others are doing and if they need my help?
I sent some men to check out some ddoors in the room behind me. Check their progress. Also find the cat and tell him I made it Noir's choice He'll understand what I mean."

search through the craack in the wall with a hand. Then Slowly and carefull try and see about going into the other room. Avoidmhostiles and just try and see what is up there. If I am attacked try and fire an arrow before what ever is coming at me gets into melee.
"Noir, dear, please help me here, catch me if I fall."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2016, 04:36:11 pm »

I'll go to the mezzazine and check out what's there.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2016, 06:56:23 pm »

Team Green
Flip cart right side up.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2016, 07:01:59 pm »

Terrance amplifies its voice as much as it can, and shouts:

"I SAID, CLOSE YOUR MOUTHS."

Yell at people to shut up, using sensory magic to boost my voice as much as possible.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2016, 07:05:27 pm »

JAck shuts the hell up and pretty much stays that way.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2016, 08:11:46 pm »

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<

So. Who just went where, and why, and what are they doing now, and can you draw me a map because I'm not smart enough to figure this out by myself.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »

Yarrick flips off the shouty octopus before following Jack into the other rooms to scout around watching where he puts his feet.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2016, 09:57:32 pm »

Cho Ja, sub team Cho

Check the two doors not leading to the stairwell whilst my subordinate is up on the mezzanine and see what they lead into.

Keep an eye out for any crates containing light sources of some description whe travelling to each door.

((out of curiosity, what did I find when investigating the spools and crates?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2016, 10:51:54 pm »

noir will make sure to catch jack if he falls.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:55 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, magic cat

Immediately after his sprint, Dar'yajira calmly sits down with his back to the collapsed ducting, and licks his paw, the very picture of graceful innocence.  He surreptitiously looks around to make sure nobody's watching him, then casually walks back to the destroyed wall to try again.

Try again!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2016, 12:29:45 pm »

Team: Triage

Trier
test out the new cast around my arm, could I use it like a club?
damnit sorry about, haven't had that happen in a while.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2016, 12:38:15 am »

Green
Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, magic cat

Immediately after his sprint, Dar'yajira calmly sits down with his back to the collapsed ducting, and licks his paw, the very picture of graceful innocence.  He surreptitiously looks around to make sure nobody's watching him, then casually walks back to the destroyed wall to try again.

Try again!
You get up in there this time, but you cut yourself pretty badly  on the leap into the ducts. You have an ugly, bleeding wound. That needs immediate attention. The duct is coated in a thick fuzz of dust, which mixes with your dropped blood to make a thick paste. it's pretty dark in there as well, with the only light coming from behind you. There's no smell of life or sign of activity in there.

Aylia, Mission Lead, accompanying Team Adorable

Reminder: Giant Frost Cat form, seeing in the dark won't be much of an issue.

Systematically check out the various doors and areas, starting with the closest.

Seeing in low light is fine, but even cats have their limits. the room you are in now is fine though. The doors along the "back" lead to a room similar to the one Cho and Samuel are in.

The ceiling in this room sags from both the wall you started from and the opposite wall. It is torn about two thirds of the way across the room, and the part attached to the far wall is sloping down into the room at a steep angle, like the floor in the room Spaz is checking. It forms a ramp up to the next level. the far wall is buckled, as well, causing hte ceiling to sit lower than on your side of the room.. The ceiling is lower toward the outside of the building, too. the rubble in the middle of the room sits six to eight feet up, giving you a gap of about twelve to fourteen feet to get onto the ramp up to the next level.

Underneath the sagging ceiling, the buckled wall has a couple of doors into a room full of broken wooden crates. That room is piled high with rubble, making navigating it a chore.

At the outside part of the room, the line of light is from the air outside. That wall is a series of hangar doors. A couple of them are damaged and inoperable, but one or two might be liftable. One of those doors is about six inches off the floor, which is where the light comes in from, as well as a cool wind. There is no sign of life or activity in here, that you can see.

Cleanup crew
Team: Triage

Trier
test out the new cast around my arm, could I use it like a club?
damnit sorry about, haven't had that happen in a while.
yeah, but it hurts like hell. also it's awkward just carrying the thing

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<

So. Who just went where, and why, and what are they doing now, and can you draw me a map because I'm not smart enough to figure this out by myself.
Like, everyone is spreading out into the adjoining rooms, except those who are with you. I drew that map for you. It's going to be a pain to continue, but I'll try.

Team Green
Flip cart right side up.
You rock the cart side to side for a bit, and roll it up on it's side. The bottom is weighted awkwardly, so it tilts toward upright, shattering the other wheel on the side your flipped it onto. now it sits at a sixty degree angle, resting on it's edge and a set of weirdly angled legs.

Spaz' crew
Team Red

"Well I am going to call you Puck. Now Puck, could  you go and check how the others are doing and if they need my help?
I sent some men to check out some ddoors in the room behind me. Check their progress. Also find the cat and tell him I made it Noir's choice He'll understand what I mean."

search through the craack in the wall with a hand. Then Slowly and carefull try and see about going into the other room. Avoidmhostiles and just try and see what is up there. If I am attacked try and fire an arrow before what ever is coming at me gets into melee.
"Noir, dear, please help me here, catch me if I fall."
You step under the wall and slip a bit, falling on your ass, but not sliding to your doom. a few loose pieces of metal clickety clack their way down the floor. Noir tries tpo stop you from falling, but falls over you instead, kneeing you in the head on the way by. She starts sliding down the floor.

noir will make sure to catch jack if he falls.
start adding a color tag team spaz to your post, or I will overlook it. I almost missed it this time. You grab Jack by the shirt when he falls, but his weight over-balances you and you tumble down over top him. You bang your elbow, both knees, and at least one wing, and land on your back, sliding down the floor.

Terrance amplifies its voice as much as it can, and shouts:

Yell at people to shut up, using sensory magic to boost my voice as much as possible.
everyone stops for a minute, and you listen to the echoes of all the activity. You can't pick one thing out from another. Well, if there is something in here, it won't be surprised by you guys, even if you are surprised by it.

Yarrick flips off the shouty octopus before following Jack into the other rooms to scout around watching where he puts his feet.
I almost missed your post as well. Please color tag it Team Spaz. You step under the wall and stand along the edge, careful not to slip on the steep slope. JAck is down, and Noir is sliding. The floor slopes out to ward the empty air, and across toward the far side. the front is completely exposed to air, as is the first third of the far side. the ceiling over there is missing completely. looks like the floor might be missing in the next room over too.

Deep hunters
Cho Ja, sub team Cho

Check the two doors not leading to the stairwell whilst my subordinate is up on the mezzanine and see what they lead into.

Keep an eye out for any crates containing light sources of some description whe travelling to each door.

((out of curiosity, what did I find when investigating the spools and crates?))
You found metal bins full of screws, welded parts, and large, heavy metal parts wit hspaces for bolts and stuff. There were a couple of ancient spools of two inch thick wire, rusted, splintered, and oily, some long, fat metal tubes with ball-bearing mounted axles, some long strips of rubber and cloth all rolled up into cylinders, and a closet full of broken broom handles, mop handles and mildewy mop heads, and buckets with giant holes in them. You also found a box containing hundreds of three inch wide buttons with pins on the back for attaching to shirts. They are unreadable.

To the sides of this room are similar rooms. to the back is an even larger room. It's dark as shit though. You can tel by the way the air feels and sound moves that it's pretty big though. very large shapes take up the bulk of it.

I'll go to the mezzazine and check out what's there.
Please add a color tag Team Cho. The mezzanine is filled with industrial tools, a long workbench, a long, double sided sink, and several hanging racks. There is a huge pile of what used to be wooden pallets, but are now little more than fossilized splinters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2016, 01:16:13 am »

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<

Fix the wounded.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49