Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 59820 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #600 on: February 18, 2017, 09:30:48 pm »

((Probably best noir dosent help she would just mess it up with her stats.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 19, 2017, 01:52:04 am »

"Okay, dar, heres what we need to do. we need to take a big sheet of metal, and dent it into a bowl, to hold water in. Then we take another, bigger, sheet of metal, and dent it just a little, so the water on it will all collect in the middle. then poke a hole in the middle, so water on top can get through too. finally, we'll get that second piece of metal, and I'll use my frostcat form's frost breath to make it really cold, maybe even build up some ice on it. and then we put it on top of the bowl. about an hour after that the bowl will have water for noir. and I'll re-chill the top so we can do it again."
Details of water collection plan here
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:45:07 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 19, 2017, 05:49:28 pm »

"I'm going to be working on it too, until we're done. Lets get started. First the sheets of metal."
And I shift into an appropriate form for the task.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2017, 06:39:06 pm »

Aylia's high metabolism thing is primarilly for her base form, though it bleeds over to all her other ones to a greater or lesser extent.

I giggle a bit too, but ask: "Okay, okay, what am I doing wrong? Do you mind showing me how to do better?"
Get tips on how to star sprite.

"Dar? Noir? Why are you way down here? What happened to Noir? Where is the other cart?"
Talk to teammates to get up to speed about what happened.

probable plan then, now that Aylia finally finds out that there's even a problem, is she'll shift to Giant Frost Cat, and work with dar to make a cone and a catch-basin, then freeze the cone, so that all the water from the freeze and from the condensation onto its cold surface will drip into the basin.
Oh, nothing. you are doing nothing wrong, really. It's just ... well... but how to you fly? You're so heavy!" She blurts this last out in a breathless rush, eyes wide, brow slightly furrowed, mouth slightly agape, hands clutched low in front of her.

Deflated (though not physically), you blush bright white. Like actually shining like a little sun.

probable plan noted.

Keep moving until ebony needs to rest.

Attempt to summon edible bugs during rest period.

You and Ebony arrive at a dead end. A locked door, actually. The Star Sprite flits around teh door repeatedly, tehn back the way you came, then returns, a puzzled look on her face. You summon a Flock of Borer Beetles. they arrive by eating through the wall nearby. They have hard shells, but their insides are pretty juicy, if you can get to them (I almost forgot that the swarms you summon take on the aspect of the place you are in).

Keep on moving. At breaks, study the spells in Cho's carapace. Write them down on whatever paper I can find - If I live, I could use them.
You recognize there of his four spells: Ironskin, rot, and soften earth and stone. As you trace the third one, muttering to yourself, you slip into a magical trance, and the spell ignites. magical energy races out of Cho's shell n lightning patterns, spreading into all the metal nearby. the floor and ceiling slowly bow downward, the walls crinkle and sag, and the locked door folds over, falling off it's hinges. "Ah, that's one problem solved!" the Star Sprite exclaims brightly.

Dar initially regards the newcomer sprite warily, assuming that it's a messenger.  After Noir calls out her name, however, he realizes her true nature and gleefully runs over "Shifter!  Dar'yajira was worried, very worried for Shifter!  It thought Shifter was dead, but found its nature far away, and cat feared it was lost!  But now Shifter is back, it can help save Halfdragon!

He pauses there, lowering his head and thinking for several seconds.  "Halfdragon was wounded when it landed.  Dar'yajira as well, but it fell better.  Cat considered leading Halfdragon to Shifter, but the distance was too far, and too bare; instead, it led Halfdragon to food and water, or... the closest it could find to such things."  He looks back over at the lichen, and the dew that's begun to collect along the surface of the metal.  His ears fold back and he continues in an apologetic tone "...Dar'yajira is still unsure lichen is safe to eat.  It simply could not sense any better, not in this dead nature.  It also cannot smell nor hear prey, which worries it; if plant is food, it is eaten."

Dar fills in Aylia on what happened since the fall into space, then assists her in whatever way she requests.  Not sure how a thumbless feline can help make a catch basis, but he'll try his damndest.  Edit: She apparently wants him to help form large metal plates.  He'll buff his strength as much as possible, perhaps reapplying the metalcat buff, then try to find a large metal plate that's mostly level with gravity.  Then, he'll try to smash the center in, and bend the edges up, hopefully making a bowl-like shape.  If that actually works, he'll then dent a second sheet... and I guess try to bite a hole into the center, if metalcat form was successful.

If she doesn't need his help, he'll hunt around for some vermin.  Presumably something eats the lichen if it's edible, that's how nature normally works when not in a dead metal world...
You've never left metalcat form. Finding metal sheets is relatively easy, so you do that. As for smashing it into a bowl shape, how are you going to do that? hurl yourself at it from orbit? Heh. You bite and claw at the edges of your first plate, leaving obvious indents in the metal, some deeper than others, but not achieving the desired effect. How in all the Universe's nature do two-legs do this kind of thing?

"I'm going to be working on it too, until we're done. Lets get started. First the sheets of metal."
And I shift into an appropriate form for the task.
best form for "dent big piece of metal" would probably be the biggest form you got with hands. There's debris around you can use as a hammer. You guys are gonna have to tell me how you intend to make the hole though.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »

"...I did not intend to do that. We should get out of this area as soon as we can, I don't know if that'll have an effect on the structural integrity of the area."

Do I know the spell enough to know if it'll have such an effect? Regardless, let's get moving quick-ish if possible, at least until we're out of the area.

((Did I roll low on that or something? Note not asking for the specific roll since you didn't put in the post, just general area.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »

Noir looks at the funnel thingy and pulls out her spiked tail with a small smile

"C-Can w-wea make hole w-witha this"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 21, 2017, 01:10:05 am »

Frost Giant it is. and I will exploit my environment to help me shape the metal. for example closing a door on a sheet of metal to hold it in place for bending. and bear in mind that thin sheets of metal are actually pretty pliable.

I'd prefer to use a metal pole as a hole punch over Noirs tail simply to avoid harming her further, but if her tail is what we have to work with, then do so.

After crafting, proceed to chill the top, and get it working.

Once I've seen how effective it is at getting water:
if it is partly effective but not enough, make another.
if it is ineffective, then I'll need to make a new plan.
if it is sufficient, shift to star sprite, (try to be less ungainly this time), go back to the cart, check on it and eat and drink myself, then fly to the big floaty tentacle thing, land on it, return to normal, and acquire it for a while.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:07:02 am by Lenglon »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 21, 2017, 03:11:09 pm »

quickly follow the sprite, lest the hallway collapse on our heads.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 21, 2017, 05:21:34 pm »

Discouraged by his uselessness, Dar'yajira will continue to try and help Aylia for awhile, before eventually giving up and trying to hunt down some sort of creature which feeds on the lichen.  If anything is found, and killed, he'll bring it to Noir.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 21, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »

"...I did not intend to do that. We should get out of this area as soon as we can, I don't know if that'll have an effect on the structural integrity of the area."

Do I know the spell enough to know if it'll have such an effect? Regardless, let's get moving quick-ish if possible, at least until we're out of the area.

((Did I roll low on that or something? Note not asking for the specific roll since you didn't put in the post, just general area.))
You know that the spell is intended to work primarily on rock and stone, not metal. This effect is a somewhat more powerful version of what you were aiming for, as if, in your intense study, you overshot your goal a bit. see Cho's turn for more.

quickly follow the sprite, lest the hallway collapse on our heads.
The two of you follow the Sprite through the bent door and ahead. she darts ahead and returns several times, thoug hthe spacing of her returns is slower. After about an hour, she does not return.

Frost Giant it is. and I will exploit my environment to help me shape the metal. for example closing a door on a sheet of metal to hold it in place for bending. and bear in mind that thin sheets of metal are actually pretty pliable.

I'd prefer to use a metal pole as a hole punch over Noirs tail simply to avoid harming her further, but if her tail is what we have to work with, then do so.

After crafting, proceed to chill the top, and get it working.

Once I've seen how effective it is at getting water:
if it is partly effective but not enough, make another.
if it is ineffective, then I'll need to make a new plan.
if it is sufficient, shift to star sprite, (try to be less ungainly this time), go back to the cart, check on it and eat and drink myself, then fly to the big floaty tentacle thing, land on it, return to normal, and acquire it for a while.
Depressingly, I have worked with sheet metal enough to be well familiar with its properties. You don't need Noir's tail for this, as there is plenty in the environment you can use (and her tail would be rather useless for it - good against flesh, not so much against 'armor.') We'll go ahead and have you make two, and consider them both done this turn. You gain enough water for Noir to drink enough not to be dying, but not enough to be quenched.

hmm. time is wibbly wobbly enough here that I'll go ahead and let you do the other things this round too. You concentrate, and shift. The other Sprite hovers near you, one arm across her waist, the other hand on her chin, elbow supported by the crossed arm. she frowns for a moment, then nods. [glow=yellow]Something's still missing. You're likea bat without ears. No! you look fine, really. Just like a Star Sprite. But hollow, or something. I don't know!"[/glow] Further attempts to explain what she means end up the same way. She seems unable to put into words what separates you from a real Star Sprite. Dar and Noir assure you they can see little difference. You fly back to the cart, eat and drink, rest for a bit, and fly out to one of the big floaty things. Upon landing, you discover a variety of life forms on and near the Floaty. Birds circle above, sometimes darting down to the surface of the Floaty to snatch up prey. Some kind of giant slug oozes it's way across the thing's skin, and there are signs of larger predators and scavengers.

Discouraged by his uselessness, Dar'yajira will continue to try and help Aylia for awhile, before eventually giving up and trying to hunt down some sort of creature which feeds on the lichen.  If anything is found, and killed, he'll bring it to Noir.
You find a dark red and brown creature, twice your own size, clumped in herds, grazing on the lichen about three miles from where you left Noir. the things are quadrupedal, flat footed, with knobbly shells or interlocking bone plates. they have strong jaws, no teeth, and slits for noses. Their tails end in clubs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 22, 2017, 01:24:34 am »

Now that is interesting,very interesting, but my goal for now is unchanged. I just need a safe spot to acquire the floaty from. I can look into this culster of life more later. I won't be suprised if the floaty is a large part of it.

In short: land, return to normal, acquire. I'll try to learn more about the other creatures here later.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:14:36 am by Lenglon »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 22, 2017, 03:51:21 pm »

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.  Dar starts sneaking up on his prey, as he casts a buff to enhance his jaws.  If successful, he'll head for one that's realtively isolated from the group, and once he's close enough, charge and leap up onto its back.  From there he'll bite into the back of the neck, attempting to crush the bone plating inward.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 23, 2017, 03:11:41 pm »

keep going in the direction we were being led.

Use ebonies best judgement at intersections.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 23, 2017, 03:13:57 pm »

Yeah, don't really have a choice besides that, do we? Keep an eye out for the sprite, too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49