Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 30525 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far
« on: November 21, 2016, 06:32:57 pm »

Spoiler: Original Post (click to show/hide)

In the void between dimensions, a newly risen God ponders. The desire to create a new [PLACE](World, Universe, Dimension, Realm, Plane) is strong, but he ascended through strength of body not mind. An idea and he reaches out into the void around him scooping up the 5 closest [SOULS](being, undividable, self, mind, consciousness, immortal). This new god surrounds them in his power and wakes them with one word in the primal language [WHERE](setting, theme, genre, specifics, existence, beings, life, power) and the 5 Souls answer after a timeless pause.
   The first and fastest to respond with memories still haunting says “Miserable and grey rolling countryside of the Marches” and a world forms before them. A flat plane of existence ringed by to the north unassailable mountains and impenetrable forests. To the east a place where the land breaks up and floats away leaving void. South has a sea extending beyond reach. Finally, the west with a realm of deserts and occasional volcanos. This is just dressing for the Realm. A vast land of gently rolling hills interspersed with natural barriers to force any nations to hold their heartlands forcing the rest into a continual struggle. These marches will live up to the word miserable and grey if given time.
   A pause then the next soul responds with the suggestion for “War Tapirs”. A slight pause happens, and a pulse spreads out. While it would be hard to tell but of the wildlife that was spreading those of an equine barring have developed a harsher and more aggressive attitude while the tapirs seem to grow larger and more domestic with every generation. With further careful steering even the thought of domesticating a horse will flee from any rational beings mind paving the way for the odd and forgotten Tapir.
   Quickly following that another soul posits “Passion and Femininity” and the God ponders. Passion was easy and had an accepted definition. Femininity though would be harder. A primal word came to mind as perfect for the situation and thus God spoke [YIN](Empathy, Cold, Sensitivity, Reserve, Compassion, Tolerance, The Moon, Nurturance, Shamanism). In the stellar realm “the Moon that Was” became “the Moons that Are”. Twin stellar sisters, one a cold blue orb, the other a red bursting with passion. These sisters will help guide those on the land below while also unintentionally upsetting the general balance of the genders making girls more likely to be born.
   Another pause and with a dark gloom the fourth soul responds with “Dark Fantasy”. Upon this being said the nights got darker and the winters colder. The blue sky sister once was only like a calm lady now has a chill to her radiance. Along with this from the dark reaches of the land monsters now spring forth. Of course fantasy is not monsters alone and so another pulse covers the land as magic is brought forth into the land.
   With this though the last soul cackles and adds on “Corrupting Dark Magic”. Where before the deepest and darkest pits had only benign monsters new horrors are creeping out. The minds of men will be melted by these secret places and horrors will spread through the general populace.
   The new risen God upon seeing this last change frowns and with a wave of their hand spreads a barrier. While corruption is fun, this God doesn’t want their first creation to fall easily. Those things which creep and ooze in the dark will stay there and the sentient races will have to seek them out for that magic which is darker than black.
   With this the land is formed and the basic animals have grown. Now those which will breath [VITALITY](Life, Energy, Art, Presence, Chaos, Progress, Possibility) need to come brought forth. First to form are the dwarves from their mountains followed closely by the elves from their forests. As time flows faster and faster various animals and monsters gain power and eventually humanoid forms and develop their own cultures. Lastly humans themselves, a mix and average of all else come into being and they spread through the center lands. With this a few million years flow by needing only small tweaks.
   Now time has slowed down matching the standard for all. Many small empires and kingdoms exist for all races. Though many seem to have a fetish for Tapirs. The closer to the edges it gets the more mixed they are. Within this land far larger than a planet could ever be anything can be found. The God feels satisfied and with that the God turns to those 5 souls which provided the suggestions, and with a gesture at the land asks [WHO](self, ability, history, skills, goals, race, gender)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

[PLAYERS](Souls, Doomed Ones, Adventurers, Vagabonds, Thieves, Heroes, Villains):

[DEAD](dead, lifeless, killed, murdered, destroyed):
Spoiler: Mallos - Ckaeyod(Dead) (click to show/hide)

Turns: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:09:10 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: 5 Souls needed to shape the world
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 02:35:25 pm »

I have pm'd a pm.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: 5 Souls needed to shape the world
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:38:23 pm »

PM'd, definitely interested.
One wheel short of a wagon

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: 3 More Souls needed to shape the world
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »

Well those were two nearly opposites. Just 3 more people and the fun can start. Also just to note while I will have a wait list this isn't a competitive death match so the turnover rate (hopefully) will not be too high at least for the first couple missions/jobs/quest/short term goals (though of course no one gets plot armor or else what would be the point of it being RTD).
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: 3 More Souls needed to shape the world
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 02:50:55 pm »

PM sent.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: 2 More Souls needed to shape the world
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 02:52:15 pm »

I said the previous two were nearly opposites but this just puts us at 3 equally far away points. I am loving this.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: 2 More Souls needed to shape the world
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 04:43:37 am »

PM'd. Interested.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: 1 More Soul needed to shape the world
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:16:24 am »

Ah, a suggestion that might just tie all before it together. Now we just need the wild card that is the last player.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: 1 More Soul needed to shape the world
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:35:41 am »

Ath snickers.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: World in Creation
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:39:37 am »

And with that the game can soon begin. You know, after I go out to the grocery store and pick up a veggy tray for tomorrow.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: World Finished
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »

Okay players, the world is finished so you can now create your characters. The basics are in the first post. Only thing I need to add is you should all decide the kind of starting point you want. Once you all create your characters and decide where to start we can get the show on the road. (Oh and just to note the character creation in the first post and here are exactly the same so you only need to read it once)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:54:31 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 05:26:13 pm »

Arìenne grew up in the small Elvish settlement of Tahìr, which was settled only due to its location being considered a good area for War-Tapir breeding. Her mother died when she was only a young girl, butchered by her father in a drunk rage. Now without parents, as her father was executed shortly after, Arìenne was forced to survive in ways that no child should ever had have to. Now aged nineteen, she is a harlot, entertaining those wealthy elf nobles who come into town to purchase War-Tapirs to fulfill their fetishistic desires. However, she was driven not by passion; in fact, she hated herself for what she did in her life. Prostitution had both become a part of her, and become a part of her worst nightmares. She desired an escape from this terrible upbringing she had been given, which was the primary reason she had been stashing whatever spare earnings she wrought behind her bed in the meager room she was granted by the inn she worked at.

(Is this what you had in mind?)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 05:28:48 pm »

Can my character be some sort of night horror/ human cross with a squid for a head? Fine if not.
One wheel short of a wagon

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 05:37:35 pm »

Sure though do note that you are what you describe and I will be sanity checking anything that might be too powerful. The only thing to note is if you describe your race as being mad cultists out to destroy the world you wont be to well received. If on the other hand your race is just descended from a kraken that got super powerful and evolved into a humanoid form then its all good and your just another animalman type guy. Oh and one thing on my personal style, no mind control. It rates up there with time travel on my list of "do not like".

Edit: oh and Coolrune206, that is perfect
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:39:38 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 07:15:57 pm »

Okay Coolrune206, I got your character all figured out though I will likely use a regular i in most cases for the name. The only thing beyond what you should already know about your character that gets added is first you don't have many world shaking (mostly just bed shaking) skills so you have the [Untapped] talent. That basically just means that as we play if at a certain point of high stress the rolls go your way some new ability will emerge. Though if you would like to edit your story and add some ability we can roll with that instead as while untapped would likely be more powerful you have to survive to get to it. The second talent is Penny Pincher which means that within reason, whenever you go to buy something if your short you can spend some time searching yourself to 'find' the missing amount.

Also all around since money came up lets get it out of the way that we are using the copper/silver/gold 1:100 standard so 10000 copper equals 100 silver equals 1 gold. The society is by the silver standard so unlike D&D your likely to be dealing with silver more than gold. The only thing that diverges is that in really poor areas they use bits which are the result of splitting a copper coin into 6 parts. Outside of those areas they are worthless and no one would trade 6 bits for an actual copper despite them being worth the same amount. Oh and at the moment I haven't done Arienne's belongings yet. I mostly want to get the feel for what others will have at the start before just giving stuff out though if your background specifically notes you have something then your more likely to have it.

Edit: Oh and until the game starts in proper anything is up for change. Also at the moment the starting town seems like it will be a ranchers town of some sort though Arienne could just as easily have left her hometown after getting enough cash so it is still open.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:19:23 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16