Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 30654 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: World Finished
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 07:23:43 pm »

you don't have many world shaking (mostly just bed shaking) skills
This made my day. Thanks.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 07:24:50 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 12:41:44 am »

'Ckaeyod' wasn't his birth name, but it was the only one he could remember. In reality, he was born in a prosperous and opulent trade hub in the Great Desert before being abducted by a mystery cult at the age of 12. After being reborn under this moniker and his original mind being magically removed, Ckaeyod was trained on the Psychic Path in the name of the Silver God. One day, the Order of Silver's Grand Priest offered him the chance to sacrifice his body to allow an extradimensional terror to inhabit it as a vessel. Taking the offer as his final mission of his thus far 31 year long life, the ceremony commenced. Things went wrong, though. Very wrong. An entity that was anything but the target was released by the ritual and part of it fused with Ckaeyod's soul. His skin became ashen grey and his eyes became completely white. Possessed by the newfound compulsion to destroy and grim enlightenment, he murdered the entire order over night with his strengthened powers. He now wanders the world as a vagabond in search of a way to fully dominate the Thing within him and fully obtain it's reality-bending powers so that he may attain the Final Enlightenment and reshape the entire world into a Cathedral of the Silver God.

((kind of rushed it, let me know if there's problems))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 04:24:18 am »

Spoiler: Yanethi (click to show/hide)

I had more, but I'm not feeling very well today so that's all that will come out. I don't mind where he starts, but not in the northern extremity of the world, I guess.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 12:35:32 pm »

Spoiler: Crossbreed Karlan (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »

RE: Karlan's abilities:

He cannot speak, squids have beaks and no vocal cords. He can of course breathe underwater, and emit clouds of ink when in the sea. In terms of diet, he is omnivorous, eating roughly the same food as humans, despite caring less about whether or not meat is cooked.

His tentacles are probably too weak to grab and strangle people like a giant squid, but are prehensile and capable of complex manipulation, at least as much as fingers.

I would prefer to have him start with a wax tablet and stylus or something similar.
One wheel short of a wagon

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 1 - Vernal Equinox
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 06:51:26 pm »

There we go, all characters are done (you can read the public histories in the first post, it also has a description of talents). Abstract, you need to pick what weapon you want to start with (you can buy more later but your starting weapon is comparatively good). Also in general you will have basic things like a fire starter and a set of clothes. The inventory is just for specific items of importance like weapons and money. During your first turn if you have anything specific you want with you that would make sense for you to have then mention it. For items that would be rarer to have but within reason to just have on you then you can always roll for it with the likelihood of it being there being the die mod. Though I will likely limit those rolls when not in a town.
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Now for some story. Seeing as your characters are not likely to meet I will use the classic method known as In Media Res. In other words we will start in the middle of things.

Turn 1 - Vernal Equinox

A motley crew of 5 beings can be seen traveling down a poor dirt road. An argument seems to be in progress with mentions of the town guard and how someone unnamed is just lucky the speaker had grabbed all their money.

As they travel down the road they see a Man standing in the road ahead. This man as they get closer shouts a demand at your party

“Halt and keep your weapons down!”

How do you respond?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:18:28 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 1 - Vernal Equinox
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 07:01:29 pm »

((I'll take the scythe and I suppose a little bit of money and maybe a notebook and some kinda writing implement perhaps? Also mind putting up the red head picture I gave you so people have a good idea of what my character looks like.))
Miamoto quietly stares at them looking at their scythe before taking a step forward and in a rather amused tone.
"Calm down friend all will be alright so just relax."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »

Picture will be up in a minute. Also you had money already, 31sp and 22cp. The characters are all in the spoiler. Also Scythe is now there, it is Sharp.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »

((picture appears not to be working for some reason))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »

That is weird. The picture shows up for me. Just to note it is in the first post where the character description is happening.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 07:22:00 pm »

((Eh URL it as well then so they can just click it if they can't see it))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Use this link for the picture I converted it to jpg seems to work now
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:41:08 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 07:48:15 pm »

Aŕenne jokingly looks at her already empty hands.

"Sorry. Should have brought a knife with me, so I could keep it lowered."

She then reaches into her pocket, and retrieves a silver coin. Rolling it through her knuckles, she seductively asks:

"Surely there's no problem here? And maybe, if there is, we can, make it go away?"

All the while inwardly screaming at herself:

Why. Why am I doing this. I hate it when I do this. Why is my first instinct to always resort to seduction?

((In combination with what Aŕenne already has, I feel like a very small dagger, maybe a dirk, would make sense for her to have concealed on her body somewhere, possibly in a boot))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:46:59 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 08:39:21 pm »

-snip-

((Don't want to come off as demanding here, but please spoiler large images. It's just common practice. Also, @GM, a ritual dagger and the Silver God's holy book would be appreciated in addition to what I already have.))

"Weapons? I.. have no 'weapons'." Seeing the potential for conflict, Ckaeyod clutched at the silver icon around his neck and began to silently pray in hopes that the Thing sharing his body wouldn't take this as an opportunity to amuse itself. Seeing the harlot resulting to her instincts, he turns away slightly and winces. "This.. is less than ideal."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:41:40 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2016, 02:47:05 am »

((I'd prefer it was a spear-harpoon, unless this would look aggressively out of place, openly carrying an arm. Also a small knife, such as one would use for preparing fish.))

"Why?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:11:31 am by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16