Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 30655 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 1 - Vernal Equinox
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 04:44:28 am »

Karlan, a ragged figure with lowered head, as if some kind of servant to the party, shuffles as quietly as possible behind the man. If doing this unobtrusively is not possible, he just stays on one side.

Karlan also scans the horizon for other people or signs of life, noting the lay of the land and any landmarks.

((OOC: is bolding actions needed or useful? Haven't done much d&d like stuff before.))
One wheel short of a wagon

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 2 - Predictable Much
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »

Turn 2 - Predictable Much

Karlan, a ragged figure with lowered head, as if some kind of servant to the party, shuffles as quietly as possible behind the man. If doing this unobtrusively is not possible, he just stays on one side.

Karlan also scans the horizon for other people or signs of life, noting the lay of the land and any landmarks.

((OOC: is bolding actions needed or useful? Haven't done much d&d like stuff before.))
((First there seems to a tradition that double parens are good enough for OOC so you don't need to include OOC:. As for your question itself, you don't need to bold your actions. Here too there seems to be some tradition laid down by the past. Talking is wrapped like you usual find, "like so". This can be colored so that it stands out more. Actions themselves can be just text and finally thought tends to be in italics. Oh and also, congratulations on being the only person to actually look around you.))

[3]You quickly scan the area around you. There seems to be some movement but the heavy brush and the bluffs on both sides of the road mean you can't make anything out for sure, it could just be the wind. You decided that staying to the side and hopefully out of mind would be the best option.

Arìenne jokingly looks at her already empty hands.

"Sorry. Should have brought a knife with me, so I could keep it lowered."

She then reaches into her pocket, and retrieves a silver coin. Rolling it through her knuckles, she seductively asks:

"Surely there's no problem here? And maybe, if there is, we can, make it go away?"

All the while inwardly screaming at herself:

Why. Why am I doing this. I hate it when I do this. Why is my first instinct to always resort to seduction?

((In combination with what Arìenne already has, I feel like a very small dagger, maybe a dirk, would make sense for her to have concealed on her body somewhere, possibly in a boot))
((Sharp Dagger acquired along with replacing unarmed combat with dagger skills))

[2]The man stares at you with a sloppy grin and shakes his finger. "Eh, Eh, Eh, little beauty. The money is nice but my business isn't something that can be delayed."

-snip-

((Don't want to come off as demanding here, but please spoiler large images. It's just common practice. Also, @GM, a ritual dagger and the Silver God's holy book would be appreciated in addition to what I already have.))

"Weapons? I.. have no 'weapons'." Seeing the potential for conflict, Ckaeyod clutched at the silver icon around his neck and began to silently pray in hopes that the Thing sharing his body wouldn't take this as an opportunity to amuse itself. Seeing the harlot resulting to her instincts, he turns away slightly and winces. "This.. is less than ideal."
((Ask and you shall recieve, now carrying a holy book and a fancy dagger, no skill for it though, you spent your time training your mind))
((I'll take the scythe and I suppose a little bit of money and maybe a notebook and some kinda writing implement perhaps? Also mind putting up the red head picture I gave you so people have a good idea of what my character looks like.))
Miamoto quietly stares at them looking at their scythe before taking a step forward and in a rather amused tone.
"Calm down friend all will be alright so just relax."
((Sharp Scythe give, you had money, and now you also have a notebook and a pencil))
((I'd prefer it was a spear-harpoon, unless this would look aggressively out of place, openly carrying an arm. Also a small knife, such as one would use for preparing fish.))

"Why?"
((You have a Sharp Spear now and the skill to use it. As for a small knife you can just assume you have such a thing though it won't be good for combat. To get a combat ready fish gutting knife you will need to buy one. Actually as a note to everyone, in this kind of setting it will generally be assumed you have a small knife on you and whatever other cutlery you need for eating.))

"Oh I am calm . As for why? Simple, this here is an officially unofficial toll road. The lady almost has it right but instead of 1 silver a person we are going to need 2 and no you can't substitute something else." The man then takes note of how a few of you look quite ragged and adds on "Oh and we don't mind if you pay for your... servants? But yeah either pay or turn back, don't worry the guards will let you back into town for only a silver." and then he starts laughing for bit before finishing with "But yeah pay up or leave, I don't have all day." The man then holds his hand out, clearly waiting for someone to give him the money for your passage.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:18:42 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 2 - Predictable Much
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 01:26:03 pm »

Does he have weapons? Armour? Anything odd about his appearance that would suggest magic of some kind?

Karlan walks a few more paces forward and stands to one side, as if waiting for his "owners" to pay the man. Head still down and gait submissive.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 01:59:55 pm »

"Hun, I don't think you know how math works. You see, there are five of us, and one of you. I realize that you may think yourself to be one hell of a fighter, but these odds don't lie. Unless you have more aces up your sleeve, or more motley highwaymen, I suggest you step aside. If you do have something else to threaten us with, display it now and we'll happily pay up."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 02:51:08 pm »

Ugh.. Unbelievable. Guess I'll have to use the Art. thought Ckaeyod.
Attempt to render the man unconscious by using psionics to overload his mind
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2016, 05:37:28 pm »

Scan the area around me be prepared to slice some throats.
Is quiet barely moving just their scythe ready looking at their coin purse.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2016, 05:53:10 pm »

Ready both spear and silver pieces; see what happens and be prepared to defend my co-travellers. Particularly watch out behind us...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 3 - And We have Combat
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 06:36:11 pm »

Turn 3 - And We have Combat

Does he have weapons? Armour? Anything odd about his appearance that would suggest magic of some kind?

Karlan walks a few more paces forward and stands to one side, as if waiting for his "owners" to pay the man. Head still down and gait submissive.

You easily spot that he has on leather armor. [6] In fact that is all you can see. He has nothing besides the clothes on his back. Not even a money pouch.

Scan the area around me be prepared to slice some throats.
Is quiet barely moving just their scythe ready looking at their coin purse.

[4] You are mostly certain that there are a couple people spread about to the left but you don't know how many. With this knowledge you prepare[4] to dodge towards the man to slice him a throat smile.

Ready both spear and silver pieces; see what happens and be prepared to defend my co-travellers. Particularly watch out behind us...

[4] There doesn't seem to be anyone behind you so you prepare [4] to defend your fellow travelers.
((I have a physical d6 right here and it just keeps rolling 4s. Maybe with 4 in a row it will try a different number))

Ugh.. Unbelievable. Guess I'll have to use the Art. thought Ckaeyod.
Attempt to render the man unconscious by using psionics to overload his mind

[1]You develop a headache and groan as you grab your head. It feels like any future attempts this combat at using your powers will be harder though luckily your skill at it should counteract this. Sadly the man seems to realize you tried something.

"Hun, I don't think you know how math works. You see, there are five of us, and one of you. I realize that you may think yourself to be one hell of a fighter, but these odds don't lie. Unless you have more aces up your sleeve, or more motley highwaymen, I suggest you step aside. If you do have something else to threaten us with, display it now and we'll happily pay up."

As you try to intimidate the man, suddenly Ckaeyod bends over groaning and the man frowns. [5] Before any of you can react he shouts "They got a psyker!" and starts to run away. a handful of men stand up to the left with bows drawn and fire at the group.

Takashi was  prepared for this and dodges towards the man getting a slice in with her scythe [5] and manage to injure the mans leg dropping him. As this happens [3] [0] one arrow barely misses her and the other flies past her managing to [4] hit the man but glance off his armor doing no damage.

Yanethi was prepared for this and promptly spins his spear [2] [2] [3] and deflects 2 other arrows easily while barely managing to stop the last.

The Man seeing this pales then shouts from the ground "Wait stop, we're part of the Steel Board group! You can just go through and we wont stop you. If you kill us though not even the town guards will stop our group from taking you down.".

All of you have heard of this group. Especially Arienne who knows specifically that they are the biggest bandit group in the area. She has also heard they keep to their word for the most part.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:18:50 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 3 - And We have Combat
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »

Arìenne frowns. This could be bad if her companions didn't stand down. She thought of a way to defuse the situation.

Her expression changes into a winning smile. She approaches the lead bandit, swaggering slightly.

"Ooooh, Steel Board? That means you're... Big Fry. I certainly like men who... have connections.

Need a hand getting up, love?
"

At the same time, she braced herself to draw her dagger and stab the man, but did not do so yet; however, if she is forced into danger, or if her companions continue their assault, she decides to simply stab the dude.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2016, 12:19:14 am »

"I'll bend a bit.. Just this once. Lend me a bit of your strength..please." Ckaeyod uttered under his breath. He then looks up at the bandit and says, "We gave you a chance.. Besides,nobody will steal from the Silver Apostle."

Wait patiently to see how the others handle it
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:35:58 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2016, 12:57:50 am »

((Now Mallos,
   I do like to let people do as they will so just to confirm. You are about to attempt a use of your reality bending power, your Corrupting Uncontrolled Novice Reality Bending power? With a headache and while the bandits are willing to let you just leave, no theft attached?))

This is a good idea~ Don't worry and let the power flow through you~ It can't hurt you that much, it is a part of you now and forever~! To hurt you would be like having a hand slit it's bodies throat~ Anyway all this would be an affront to someone with even half your power and it clearly wouldn't stand for it~!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:05:30 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2016, 01:56:07 am »

Takashi shrugs looking faintly bemused and lays on her butt relaxing.
Relax a little just keep the scythe ready in case things go down further.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2016, 02:53:30 am »

"Leave the man be - this is no longer our fight."

Approach the leader.

"It would be good that you keep your word. I bear no grudge, as it is. What is your name? Perhaps we shall meet again on friendlier terms. I am Yanethi of the sea."

Yanethi talks thus and then continues on his way to the next town.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2016, 04:34:47 am »

If anyone in our party tries anything dodgy while the negotiations go on, Karlan tries to knock the idea out of their heads with a hard blow to the nape of the neck, then further blows until compliance or unconsciousness is achieved. If anyone from the other side attacks with bows, he flings himself to the ground and tries to the nearest cover. Melee combat he answers in kind.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:55:01 am by NJW2000 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2016, 09:06:56 am »

"I'll bend a bit.. Just this once. Lend me a bit of your strength..please." Ckaeyod uttered under his breath. He then looks up at the bandit and says, "We gave you a chance.. Besides,nobody will steal from the Silver Apostle."

Attempt using the Thing's power to distort and rend the man's body
((We have the tactical advantage! They're basically surrendering! You want to throw that away? :/))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16