Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 30492 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 6 - Everyone Fails
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2016, 02:49:30 am »

Karlan tries to stab the nearest conscious goblin. He starts cutting ears if combat ends.
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 6 - Everyone Fails
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2016, 08:56:17 am »

Takashi smirks turning on her heel at the idiocy of the goblins. goes in for a leaping slash at a goblin and then pushing off and away with their feet.
"prepare for your end!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 7 - Two Warnings Unfollowed
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2016, 05:34:15 pm »

Turn 7 - Two Warnings Unfollowed

Arienne seems just a little too surprised to do anything but blink rapidly and gawk at her opponents.

Yanethi will spear the goblin who attacked him, through the face.

"Watch out front and flanks, acquaintances..."

[2] You turn around and take a stab towards the goblin. Sadly the goal was to stab into the goblin and not just into it's general area.

Ckaeyod draws his ritual dagger from beneath his vestments and utters a quick prayer.
"As Yanethi said, watch out. I'm going to make them regret they ever thought of harming the Silver Apostle.."
Attempt to telekinetically pick up the 1st goblins club and bash the 3rd over the head with it

[1] Once again your prayers feel as if they aren't connecting with your god. Maybe I could be of help instead~? [4] As you heft the club up you feel it almost slip from your minds grasp. At the last second you feel an energy well up in you at the last second and while you fail to whack the goblin over the head you guess an uppercut will do just as well. The goblin is knocked backwards and off balance. You feel the power start to recede but feel as if some of it wants to stay and strengthen you further. This could be your chance to advance further in your craft~! Do you accept this power?

Karlan tries to stab the nearest conscious goblin. He starts cutting ears if combat ends.

[4] You stab the goblin that was just knocked off balance by a flying club. While you do manage to make it bleed sadly it was a shallow stab as the goblin was stumbling backwards.

Takashi smirks turning on her heel at the idiocy of the goblins. goes in for a leaping slash at a goblin and then pushing off and away with their feet.
"prepare for your end!"

[5] With a perfect leap [5] you elegantly slice the goblin Yanethi just missed and lop its head off with your scythe as if it was just another stalk of wheat in a field. [6] With a powerful kick you leap off the now headless goblin's corpse and spin in air [5] managing to see a number of goblins with slings standing up ahead preparing to shoot at the group. [6] With a quick thought you change from trying to stick your landing and go for a rolling dodge instead while changing your triumphant shout into a quick warning "Sling Goblins behind us!".

[6]Arienne, [6]Ckaeyod, and [5]Karlan all manage to react in time to the warning and are not surprised but [3]Yanethi was too shocked by the sudden beheading that just happened in front of him do anything. A rain of rocks fall upon the group. Yanethi is [5][6] hit with a couple of rocks. One thwacking his shoulder while the other clips his head and knocks him a little silly for a moment. Ckaeyod is [1] completely missed while Karlan[1][6] dodges from one rock but into another. Takashi's [1][0] nearly perfect acrobatic display manages to put the goblins shooting her at a disadvantage which combined with the rolling dodge means both rocks going her way pass harmless overhead. With that all of you hear what you presume is more goblins from the direction the original 3 came from.

Currently:
1 goblin dead
1 goblin knocked out for the fight
1 goblin shaken not stirred
7 goblins down the road with slings
? goblins? maybe in the direction you came from
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:17:35 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 7 - Two Warnings Unfollowed
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2016, 06:09:26 pm »

Arienne flings her knife towards the goblins, hoping to hit one, before taking a position near the back of the group.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2016, 06:41:16 pm »

"SILENCE YOU FOUL BEAST! HE CAN HEAR ME!" Ckaeyod shouts aloud, seemingly to nobody. Enranged by the Thing trying to bargain with him, Ckaeyod attempts to lash the surrounding goblins with a burst of psychic energy
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2016, 01:47:26 am »

"Gnahhhhhh!"

Yanethi charges down the road at the sling goblins, spear levelled and ready.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2016, 02:52:12 am »

Try to move round and flank the slingers.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2016, 10:29:15 am »

Takashi smirks readying herself looking around quickly before

Charge zog-Zagging towards the slingers and try to quickly cut as many of their arms of as I can.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 8 - Nothing Behinds Us
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:01 pm »

Turn 8 - Nothing Behinds Us

Arienne flings her knife towards the goblins, hoping to hit one, before taking a position near the back of the group.

[1] You attempt to throw your knife at the goblins and while it goes in their direction it fails to hit any of them and lands a little bit behind the slingers. With that out of the way you try and figure out where exactly the 'back' of the group is when being attacked from both sides. [4] You decide on being to the left of the road.

"SILENCE YOU FOUL BEAST! HE CAN HEAR ME!" Ckaeyod shouts aloud, seemingly to nobody. Enraged by the Thing trying to bargain with him, Ckaeyod attempts to lash the surrounding goblins with a burst of psychic energy

The last bit of foreign power flows back into your core. [5] Using your anger at it to tap into your power a burst of psionic energy bursts out from you. The slingers [4] get thrown to the ground while [2][3] you hear behind you some grunts but it doesn't sound like anything fell down.

"Gnahhhhhh!"

Yanethi charges down the road at the sling goblins, spear levelled and ready.

[5] You charge up to the seven slinger goblins just as they get blasted down. Taking advantage of that you stab one to death as it falls and then follow up by skewering another that is already on the ground killing it as well.

Try to move round and flank the slingers.

You flank the now fallen slingers

Takashi smirks readying herself looking around quickly before
Charge zig-Zagging towards the slingers and try to quickly cut as many of their arms off as I can.

[1] Your attempts at zig-zagging towards them ends up even more predictable then if you had just ran straight at them. Luckily they all fell over and whatever is behind the group doesn't seem to ranged weapons. Your attack [3] doesn't quite work that well either, only causing a few cuts.

As you all feel alright with your ability to take care of these slingers you hear [7] Ckaeyod scream out as he is slashed across his back by a blade and starts to bleed. Following that [4][6][1][1][5] three clubs slam down knocking him out!
((Ckaeyod is now bleeding out! Starting next turn stabilizing attempts will happen. Or you could let me help~!))

Currently:
1 knife on the road
3 goblins dead
1 goblin still shaken recovering next round
5 grounded slinger goblins
1 Something with a blade, 5? club wielders, ?maybe more?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:17:24 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 8 - Nothing Behinds Us
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2016, 04:33:26 pm »

Run through the slingers, incapacitating or neutralising them if it won't delay me, to get to Ckaeyod's assailants. Draw the goblins away from him, attacking them if needs be, but if possible wait for backup before charging into their midst.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:44:23 pm by NJW2000 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2016, 04:42:14 pm »

Arienne immediately dashes towards Ckaeyod, kicks a goblin in the back of the shin, then runs the f*ck away as a distraction, screaming loudly.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2016, 05:09:31 pm »

I'm going to die, aren't I? Well.. guess that's it for me. Never got to build that cathedral.. cathedral... No, I'm not done until it's built. I'll do whatever it takes, even if I have to lose part of me in the process. The Order CANT DIE!

Allow It to help. YES, IM SURE ABOUT THAT.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2016, 05:22:32 pm »

Do pretty much the same as NJW - finish off the fallen goblins and run to Ckaeyod's aid, clearing a space around him and holding my ground to make space for someone to help him heal up.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:15 am »

Try to move around to flank the ones who attacked our dear friend and left em bleeding and slice the bastards to bits.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 9 - Blasting Goblins and Swearing (not the crude kind)
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2016, 11:08:20 am »

Turn 9 - Blasting Goblins and Swearing (not the crude kind)

((One of you have has had someone 'Swear to the Dao' to them and thus you players will have another facet of this world revealed to you. Anyone who walks the path to personal power gains the ability to create a binding contract in which if they break it the very fabric of reality will tear their being apart. A normal person who doesn't fight the natural way of things can not do this. As things are only Yanethi, Ckaeyod, and Takashi can do so. Though once the other two's skills breakthrough to a certain level or gain a talent that either harmonizes or clashes with the Way of this world enough they will gain the ability to do so as well. Of course wording is important. Take note that the entity swears what he says is the truth. If someone did so and then said something they believed to be the truth but was not they would die. Also while many can do this and once you get into more populated areas the knowledge will become common place the actual use of this is quite low. Mostly because unlike a paper contract this one carries out the letter of the agreement even if events end up changing what the actual desired outcome is. For instance swearing to kill someone you believe killed your loved one only to find out that it is actually someone who tried to save your loved one would not remove the requirement to kill them. Also these things can't be made unwillingly so you can't threaten someone into an agreement, there are other less binding magical contracts for that out there though.))

Run through the slingers, incapacitating or neutralising them if it won't delay me, to get to Ckaeyod's assailants. Draw the goblins away from him, attacking them if needs be, but if possible wait for backup before charging into their midst.
Arienne immediately dashes towards Ckaeyod, kicks a goblin in the back of the shin, then runs the f*ck away as a distraction, screaming loudly.
I'm going to die, aren't I? Well.. guess that's it for me. Never got to build that cathedral.. cathedral... No, I'm not done until it's built. I'll do whatever it takes, even if I have to lose part of me in the process. The Order CANT DIE!

Allow It to help. YES, IM SURE ABOUT THAT.
Don't worry for I wont corrupt your body, its mine as well after all~ Instead the price of this power will be a secret, not from you as I know all of yours but from me to you for you know so little~ Now [I Swear Upon The Dao That The Following Is True] There is only 1 True God in this world and all the rest who claim that title are at best DemiGods and all that means is they have the talent to bend reality and gather faith~
((A Being has sworn upon the Dao to you about the truth of his statement and since he wasn't struck down you know to the very depth of your soul what he has told you is true))
Do pretty much the same as NJW - finish off the fallen goblins and run to Ckaeyod's aid, clearing a space around him and holding my ground to make space for someone to help him heal up.
Try to move around to flank the ones who attacked our dear friend and left em bleeding and slice the bastards to bits.

The group, galvanized by the sudden take down of their companion charges into action. Karlan [6] runs through the slinger goblins slicing two apart as he passes, Arienne starts to run towards the fallen with thoughts of providing a distraction, Yanethi [1] attempts to follow Karlan's plan but trips over a slinger instead, all the while Takashi attempts to flank. Their concern though is unneeded as a massive surge of power flows out of Ckaeyod closing his wounds and [6] blasting all the normal goblins around him to death. The rest of the group sees now that there was actually 7 normal goblins not just 5 as 2 had slings instead of clubs. Besides that they also spot two irregulars. The one dressed in leather seems like a normal goblin but with a sword, luckily he was normal enough to keel over like the others. Sadly the final goblin is just knocked over. You can all tell this is your actual target who if you don't collect his ear the rest of the goblin ears will be worth nothing. This goblin is dress in a rough robe that appears to have been crudely cut off at the bottom and may have once been a nice blue color though now is to dirty to tell. It's head is oddly bulbous and its mouth seems to stretch farther than should be natural. You all get the feeling that if you don't take it out now this creature will run off quickly and you will never see it again.

While this is going on unseen to the others all the wounds on Ckaeyod's body have completely healed and then he wakes. Quickly he does a scan of his body to check for corruption still not trusting the being but nothing is wrong. His body is healthy and just like he remembers it. Everything is as promised~ Our body is well and your knowledge grows~

Currently:
1 knife on the road
1 sword on dead goblin
14 goblins dead
3 grounded slinger goblins (getting up following turn)
1 grounded goblin variant

((Oh and to wrap up. Ckaeyod may seem a bit OP right now but that is just because he is treading a dangerous path. Though do note that part of this is a lack of scouting of any sorts. I do want to let things flow as they will but this sneak attack could have been prevent if someone bothered to look behind instead of having two people warn of it. Please do plan stuff but actually putting the plan into action is required. That and that no one planned anything at all for this trip. You get rolls for stuff you tell me you are doing. If all you say is attack the goblin that is all that will happen, same for traveling down the road. You still traveled cautiously but that is all. Stretch your wings and use your abilities. This isn't a world based on D&D were you only memorize so many spells a day and fighters end up worse off then mages as time goes by. Yes the world is a dark fantasy and will probably slowly fall to corruption of some sort but the word fantasy allows for many things to hold back the tides of despair. You all are no longer just victims of the world but rather adventurers. While you may still be weak you all aren't weak enough that these goblins should be able to kill any of you while you are a group. Edit: Oh and just noticed as I was reading back the turn. While you all rushed to defend the area he was in none of you said anything about healing or apply first aid to Ckaeyod. While it is a little metagamey pay attention to what others have done and maybe if no one is doing something important consider doing it.))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:17:50 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16