Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5.4. Flames and failure.  (Read 14978 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Wizards. Such incredible beings. Beings of incredible power.
When you're a powerful enough wizard, you get bored. Bored enough to risk your life in a racing game run by a bunch of eldritch entities. At least the prize is pretty good: a Greater Wishstone. Actually, you're pretty surprised there are any of those left.

But hey, eldritch entities. Of course they would have a few of them lying around.

Anyways. You look down at the sheet in your hand. Bureaucracy at its finest. Even now, you need to fill out forms. At least this one's pretty simple.

Spoiler: Sign Up Sheet (click to show/hide)

You fill out the sheet, and hand it to the . This will be interesting.
~~~
((Inspiration taken from previous Wacky Death Race games and DreamerGhost's Roll to Magic. Especially the magic system. So thanks to all dem folks. Mechanics of vehicle building and racing will be explained when we get there.))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:38:47 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race: Sign Ups(0/7)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 12:25:57 pm »

Spoiler: Skeliborn (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:45:47 pm »

Name: Alfred "Horrorsource"
Description: Alfred was a mere disciple in the principles of void magic, until he discovered the links between his school of practice and that of the eldritch. Armed with this new knowledge, he quickly became regarded as one of the most accidentally evil wizards ever; his experiments into Eldritch Magi-Science have only led to bloodshed, death, and abominations.

Domain of Magic: Eldritch

Distinction:
I would like to suggest a new distinction in fitting with my character:
--Absolutely Catastrophic: Your magic potency will always result in a 6 roll, at the cost of a -3 to control. Power without control does lead to hilarity, after all.
If not, I shall take:
--Potent: Your magic is more potent than normal. +1 to spell potency rolls. This does not translate to being better at actually controlling your magic.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »

Name: Jerry
Description: A strange cat that changes it's colour to match it's mood, and that claims to have the power to multiply itself so that it can be in multiple dimensions at once! What it doesn't tell you, is that multiplying yourself to go to different dimensions 1, is sometimes very confusing, 2 most will die within two seconds, and 3 that sometimes the results are... well... wierd.

Domain of Magic: Boxes(too silly?)

Distinction:--SPONSERED, HELL YEAH!!!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 03:20:18 pm »

Spoiler: Skeliborn (click to show/hide)

As you finish writing the sheet, the takes the sheet. It then looks at you funnily after reading the second part of it. Eventually, the shrugs and tosses the sheet behind it. You feel a feeling of acceptance.

Name: Alfred "Horrorsource"
Description: Alfred was a mere disciple in the principles of void magic, until he discovered the links between his school of practice and that of the eldritch. Armed with this new knowledge, he quickly became regarded as one of the most accidentally evil wizards ever; his experiments into Eldritch Magi-Science have only led to bloodshed, death, and abominations.

Domain of Magic: Eldritch

Distinction:
I would like to suggest a new distinction in fitting with my character:
--Absolutely Catastrophic: Your magic potency will always result in a 6 roll, at the cost of a -3 to control. Power without control does lead to hilarity, after all.
If not, I shall take:
--Potent: Your magic is more potent than normal. +1 to spell potency rolls. This does not translate to being better at actually controlling your magic.

You finish writing the sheet, putting a flourish of purple on the last word you write. The takes the sheet from you, then lets out a "laugh" that would drive lesser mages insane. You feel a feeling of acceptance and humor after it crumples the sheet into a purple powder.

Name: Jerry
Description: A strange cat that changes it's colour to match it's mood, and that claims to have the power to multiply itself so that it can be in multiple dimensions at once! What it doesn't tell you, is that multiplying yourself to go to different dimensions 1, is sometimes very confusing, 2 most will die within two seconds, and 3 that sometimes the results are... well... wierd.

Domain of Magic: Boxes(too silly?)

Distinction:--SPONSERED, HELL YEAH!!!!

You finish writing the sheet with your animated quill, placing a paw mark on the end as your signature. The takes the sheet, looks it over, looks at you a little more closely, then folds it into a box and turns it inside out. Into nothingness. You feel a feeling of acceptance and... confusion.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race: Sign Ups(3/7)
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 03:29:42 pm »

"YAY, NOW, WHEN DOES THE MURDER START!? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, I'M FUNNY RIGHT!?!? RIIIIIIIIGHT!"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 03:30:53 pm »

"YAY, NOW, WHEN DOES THE MURDER START!? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, I'M FUNNY RIGHT!?!? RIIIIIIIIGHT!?!?!?"
oops I quoted this accidentally instead of modifying... IGNORE THIS I MAKE THIS MISTAKE TO OFTEN
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:35:05 pm by TankKit »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 03:33:02 pm »

"YAY, NOW, WHEN DOES THE MURDER START!? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, I'M FUNNY RIGHT!?!? RIIIIIIIIGHT!"
The looks at you with slight irritation in its eyes.
~~~
((You may wish to note that excessive use of big text can be considered rude hereabouts. Using smaller but still above average text sizes may be more acceptable.))
Generic Arms Race.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »

The looks at you with slight irritation in its eyes.
~~~
((You may wish to note that excessive use of big text can be considered rude hereabouts. Using smaller but still above average text sizes may be more acceptable.))
this good?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 03:40:39 pm »

Name: Gloshi, the glowing yoshi(not actually glowing, or a yoshi, he's just a mentally damaged Argonian with scales so pale that they SEEM to glow)
Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Domain of Magic: GUN

Distinction:sponsored
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:55:58 pm by Failbird105 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 04:17:13 pm »

(So was the first distinction acccepted? :P)

"You're rather excited, oaf. You should know I plan to win."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 04:21:33 pm »

(So was the first distinction acccepted? :P)

"You're rather excited, oaf. You should know I plan to win."
"You? Beat me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, GOOD ONE MATE, GOOD ONE"

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 04:24:22 pm »

(It just donned on me that I forgot to include a description in my char sheet and instead just used the entire description of whats needed for a description instead. That being said, since I'm a space-time mage that may be a very acurate description)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 04:24:55 pm »

"Do you converse with the dark, unholy ones?"

It took Alfred a moment to remember that yes; they were all currently conversing with the unholy ones.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10