Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5.4. Flames and failure.  (Read 14983 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race: Sign Ups(3/7)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »

"Do you converse with the dark, unholy ones?"

It took Alfred a moment to remember that yes; they were all currently conversing with the unholy ones.
*facepalm* "Yes I HAVE, AND HAVE YOU CLONED YOURSELF EN MASSE AND SENT YOUR CLONES TO A-BAJILI-KILLI-ZILLI-SILLI-WHATEVERTHEHELLYOUWANTTOCALLITI DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS?!"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 05:27:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:29:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 05:28:41 pm »

Name: MGil the Electric Archlutist

Description:
Who are you? What are you?
A Mighty Bard!

Why are you here?
Dunno. This is the last thing I remember.
I might have overdone it...

Domain of Magic: Music.

Distinction: Competent: You are more skilled at working your magic. +1 to spell competency rolls. This does not translate to more powerful magic.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 05:29:51 pm »

"Actually, I HAVE managed to clone myself in the past. Long story short, they were insane, and grew tentacles. And destroyed a lot of stuff."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »

"Meh."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 05:52:50 pm »

this good?

The , whatever it is, doesn't seem so aggravated now.

Name: Gloshi, the glowing yoshi(not actually glowing, or a yoshi, he's just a mentally damaged Argonian with scales so pale that they SEEM to glow)
Description:
Domain of Magic: GUN

Distinction:sponsored

You finish inscribing your entry sheet, complete with image of yourself, and hand it to the . It looks it over, looks at you funnily, then folds your form into a gun, which promptly explodes when the trigger is pulled. You feel a feeling of acceptance.

(So was the first distinction acccepted? :P)

The laughing continues. The feeling of acceptance almost hurts.
((So yes.))

You finish filling out your sheet. The examines your sheet, "shrugs", then transmutes it into a cloud of scalding steam which seems to have no effect on you. You feel a feeling of acceptance.

You finish filling out your sheet, making sure to leave no errors. You then hand it to the ... whatever it is. You can't quite tell. Something to think about in the future. The looks it over, grins in some way, then the sheet is struck by a (rather small) bolt of lightning. You feel a feeling of acceptance.

Name: MGil the Electric Archlutist

Description:
Who are you? What are you?
A Mighty Bard!

Why are you here?
Dunno. This is the last thing I remember.
I might have overdone it...

Domain of Magic: Music.

Distinction: Competent: You are more skilled at working your magic. +1 to spell competency rolls. This does not translate to more powerful magic.

You finish scribing your sheet. For a bit of extra fun, you arrange it so that it could also be used as a piece of sheet music. You hand it to the...

OW. That was rather loud. You feel a feeling of acceptance.
~~~
That makes 7.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 05:54:34 pm »

((So how does magic actually work?))
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 0
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 06:13:55 pm »

"Do I have to use a disguise?"

"Unless you want the eldritch entities to go crazy from fear, yes. But you can choose what disguise to use."

"Oh, okay! I have so many ideas."
~~~
You all stand in a massive warehouse. In front of you is a "podium" made from black metal.

Behind the podium stands... a giant talking burrito.

"Hello! I am N- uh... Mr. N! Welcome to the Wizardly Wacky Death Race! I am definitely Mr. N, your host and race announcer! Together with my co-host... uh... he seems to have left."

An awkward silence permeates the air.

"Well... okay. Here's how you're going to construct your vehicles! Vehicle construction will be done in 5 phases! In the first, you will determine the general structure and perhaps armor of your vehicle! In other words, the Chassis! In the next, you will determine how your vehicle moves, like... uh... Locomotion! From that... Systems! Everything from weapons, temporary speed boosts, extra storage, and force fields will be added in this phase! The second-to-last is Crew! Where you get any crew members(of whatever kind you wish) to help pilot your vehicle! Unless you have a motorcycle or giant hamster ball or such, you're going to need crew to help you pilot it. It's not like you personally can drive, cast a spell, and fire a magic railgun at the same time, right? Finally... there's always the chance that your luck was hard on you in the first phase. In the last phase, the Special Phase, you can redo any two occurrences of the other Phases. Or, if you don't want to do that, you can attempt to get some Artifacts, which are very special magical items that must in some way be related to your affinity."

The giant burrito man takes a breath.

"In each phase, you get two shots! Two special six-sided dice! Throw one with what you wish to summon in mind... and bam! Of course, the result depends on the die roll. Once all the rolling's done, you choose what things you've summoned you wish to build your vehicle with! Assembly will be handled by our specialized , which have, thankfully, no chance of failure."

"Well? Get started! Unless you want refreshments, in which case..."

A table appears in front of him, with 7 pairs of 6-sided dice. And a few dozen mugs full of liquified burritos.

You should probably get to work now.
~~~
((So how does magic actually work?))
((Roll two six-sided dice, one for competency and one for potency. Do results based on (possibly distorted) original intentions. Excessively complicated spells will reduce competency roll, excessively powerful spells will reduce potency rolls. There are ways other than perks to enhance these rolls. Assistance from another mage(like that'd ever happen), sacrifice of another mage's corpse(much more likely), assistance from a sponsor(though with consequences, most likely), and usage of an artifact are what I predict to be the most common ways.))

((Yes, this is the system from Roll to Magic. I'm already designing a racing game system, I don't think I can handle that and a new magic system at the same time. Not easily, at least.))

((As for actions? You'll see that in the next phase. The Race phase.))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:34:21 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 06:44:42 pm »

A musician NEVER refuses free drinks so I'll get one, or maybe six. For now, that is...

I'm going for a truck. An electric driven, EMP-shielded sound truck. On-board Tokamak reactor, big mutha subwoofers and 720º weapons-grade speakers coverage, capable of going from earth-shaking subsonic brown notes to bat-slaying ultrasounds and beyond, and a stage/mixer studio platform on top.

Something somewhat like this:

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 07:06:36 pm »

For the chassis, I will take that of a rather wide tank; however, it must be aerodynamic. It should be rather heavily armored of course.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 07:18:15 pm »

Everyone faintly here's the word "Gloshi", seemingly from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Gloshi rolls the two dice for his vehicles chassis, he wants an eighteen wheeler, with a connected trailer that's just flat, but with a rotating platform in the center, and two mounts for guns on the side

(Also, for anyone interested, the origin of Gloshi
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XaLkY-I4adI)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:51:07 pm by Failbird105 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 09:27:17 pm »

Oh, how nice, a 3h video... Bye!
(It'd be more useful if you had linked it to the moment.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 09:42:27 pm »

"Something simple, for two or three persons?"

Siriel rolls the dices thinking in a old car with cushy seats
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 09:55:37 pm »

Oh, how nice, a 3h video... Bye!
(It'd be more useful if you had linked it to the moment.)
The actual character creation(appearance wise anyway) ends around 20:20. I would need until tomorrow to look for any specific interesting moments in the episode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10