Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5.4. Flames and failure.  (Read 14990 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 0
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 12:10:13 am »

((I need to think about this.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 02:49:10 am »

"OOOH OOOH, CAN WE CREATE MULTIPLE SMALL VEHICLES?"
If not

Phase 1: A vehicle with tank-like treds for the bottom half, but the top half of a cat for the main vehicle, preferably heavily armoured, but not so much that we're really really slow. With kittens painted on them. Oh yeah, and pictures of me painting kittens, can't forget that!

Phase 2: Tank treds, controlled by a main cockpit at the top. With kittens painted on them. Oh yeah, and the cat part can swivel around 360 degrees.

Phase 3: Small rocket boosters on the back that can be activated whenever the Cank is going to slow, 2 miniguns at in the paws, a rocket luncher in the tail, (it fires lunchboxes instead of rockets.) and a giant modern ballista on the head. With pictures of kittens on them. That's obviously the most important part.

Phase 4: Now for some crew... hmmmm... OH, I KNOW, CLONES!

Phase 5: BOX ARTIFACTS!! YAAAAAAY!!!

(Atleast, this is how things would go in his mind...)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:28:00 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »

The stares at Arkable. A feeling of dread begins to fill the air.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 08:52:19 am »

Oooh, let's make an Alcubierre Drive-powered spaceship!  Airship!  Ship thing!

And it has, uhhh, robots!

And the robots have lasers!

And, uh, there's an AI!

And there are nanobots!

And a dread-gaze manifester!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 10:46:37 am »

Vehicle Construction: Turn 1: Well, This Is Going To Be Interesting...

A musician NEVER refuses free drinks so I'll get one, or maybe six. For now, that is...

I'm going for a truck. With a stage/mixer studio platform on top.

(5) (1)

The first thing you get is a large and slightly compact truck with a stage on top.

Basically exactly what you wanted.

The second thing you get is... no. Some sort of... no! Starfish. Starfish skateboard abomination. NO!

With that, you grab (4) of the burrito shake things, and set them down on a card table that appeared to your will. Which to eat/drink first, you wonder, the cheese or the guacamole one?

Truck:
Large Size(more hit points)
Less Maneuverable(not as good for evading things)
Stage(when combined with other factors, may increase the potency of your magic)

Starfish Skateboard Abomination:
Flat(harder to hit)
Completely Uncontained(you are completely vulnerable using this, may be hit directly)

For the chassis, I will take that of a rather wide tank; however, it must be aerodynamic. It should be rather heavily armored of course.

(3) (5)

The first thing you get is a rather unaerodynamic pseudo-tank. It does seem tough, though.

The second thing you get is basically exactly what you wanted. A wider-than-average tank, not too slowed down by its size. Armored? Of course.

Psuedo-tank:
Armored(bonus to resist damage)
Dense(more hit points)
Greater Less Maneuverable(bit harder to dodge)
Rather Unaerodynamic(speed reduced significantly)

Armored Aerodynamic Tank:
Heavily Armored(bonus to resist damage)
Dense(more hit points)
Greater Less Maneuverable(bit harder to dodge with this)
Aerodynamic(actual speed not reduced by tank size)

Gloshi rolls the two dice for his vehicles chassis, he wants an eighteen wheeler, with a connected trailer that's just flat, but with a rotating platform in the center, and two mounts for guns on the side

(3) (2)
((Well, that's what rerolls are for.))

Well, that's a bust.

The first thing you get is a larger-than average pick up truck with a rotating platform on the back.

The second thing you get isn't even a truck. More of an old-fashioned race car.

Pick Up Truck:
Slightly Large(little bit more hit points)
Rotating Platform(might be of use later)

Race Car:
Extremely Aerodynamic(greatly improved speed)
Not Meant For This(less hit points and armor)

Siriel rolls the dices thinking in a old car with cushy seats

(5) (5)

The dice like your simplicity, it seems, given that they both came up with exactly what you wanted. A nice classic car that does, in fact, have cushy seats.

Classic Car(x2):
Reliable(will keep functioning with less hit points)
Not using all 'dem fancy 'lectronics(EMP resistant)
Comfy Seats(less chance of crew mutiny if they are sentient beings)

Phase 1: A vehicle with tank-like treds for the bottom half, but the top half of a cat for the main vehicle, preferably heavily armoured, but not so much that we're really really slow. With kittens painted on them. Oh yeah, and pictures of me painting kittens, can't forget that!

(6) (3)

Your nose wrinkles with the smell of dead cat. That can't be a good sign. On the surface, the first vehicle looks exactly like you wanted it. But it smells of cat.

You take a look inside. The smell intensifies. You sniff. Look about. Oh.

The bottom half is like you wanted. All set up so you can easily install treads.

The top half? It's not mechanical. It's a necromantically enchanted colossal cat corpse. The driver's seat is where the brain used to be.

Good grief.

The second one has its own issues. Namely in the fact that it's a cat girl mecha.

Necromantic Cat Tread-Unconnected Racer:
Necromantic(will keep intact until last hit point is gone. Other components will likely not share this)
Flesh(different method of repair than normal, requires biomass instead of components)
Blaargh(penalty to crew morale)

Cat Girl Mecha:
Mecha(uses legs, will need some sort of boost if you want to keep up with any other player)
Cute(may influence eldritch entities)

Oooh, let's make a spaceship!  Airship!  Ship thing!

(6) (6)

Seriously, what even how.

You're not entirely sure this thing is safe. Or its clone.

It looks like some kind of hack job. It's... seriously. Your mage senses keep picking up something weird inside. It changes. Good grief.

Anomalous Hack Job Space-Air Ship:
Hack Job(somebody spliced a spaceship and an airship together. repairing this thing is going to be tricky, but keeping it usable is going to be easier. It just won't be safe. Think Millennium Falcon.)
Anomalous(a luck roll (1d8) will be made each day-night cycle. A 1 is bad, an 8 is good.
Air Vessel(can bypass many kinds of terrain)
Large(more hit points, harder to dodge)

It was eithyer gonna be a giant time-dog-living-skeleton or a tartis. I chose the doge for my chassis(Preferably the memed version at the top of the comments).

(2) (2)

Luck didn't like your choice, it seemed. You got a giant dog corpse. Two of them, in fact. They're certainly big enough to be a chassis, both of them, but... they're not hollow.

Giga-Dog Corpses(x2):
Meatsacks(extremely high hit points)
MEATSACKS(extremely slow)
Needs Work(Get some necromancy or something mixed into your propulsion in order to have a chance of using either of these as your vehicle)
Mark of Unlight(being hit by a spell might cause an odd reaction, only once though)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:38:09 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 1
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 12:19:03 pm »

The first tank will use good old tank treads, just coated in large spikes, and spitting flames.
Because fire and spikes are fun.
The second tank is equipped with an arcane levitation system, using air magic to make it fly, and propel itself. Of course, with not being an air mage, repairing it may suck.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »

(6) (3)

Your nose wrinkles with the smell of dead cat. That can't be a good sign. On the surface, the first vehicle looks exactly like you wanted it. But it smells of cat.

You take a look inside. The smell intensifies. You sniff. Look about. Oh.

The bottom half is like you wanted. All set up so you can easily install treads.

The top half? It's not mechanical. It's a necromantically enchanted colossal cat corpse. The driver's seat is where the brain used to be.

Good grief.

The second one has its own issues. Namely in the fact that it's a cat girl mecha.

Necromantic Cat Tread-Unconnected Racer:
Necromantic(will keep intact until last hit point is gone. Other components will likely not share this)
Flesh(different method of repair than normal, requires biomass instead of components)
Blaargh(penalty to crew morale)

Cat Girl Mecha:
Mecha(uses legs, will need some sort of boost if you want to keep up with any other player)
Cute(may influence eldritch entities)
- - - -
"Hmmmmm, this changes things..."

Phase 2: The NCTUC shall get it's tank treds controlled by the cockpit. With small rocket boosters in the back (Also, can we use both vehicles? If so, then the CGM gets jetpack mode!)

Phase 3: Small rocket boosters on the back that can be activated whenever the Cank is going to slow, 2 miniguns at in the paws, a rocket luncher in the tail, (it fires lunchboxes instead of rockets.) and a giant modern ballista on the head. With pictures of kittens on them. That's obviously the most important part.

Phase 4: Now for some crew... hmmmm... OH, I KNOW, CLONES!

Phase 5: BOX ARTIFACTS!! YAAAAAAY!!!

(Atleast, this is how things would go in his mind...)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:46:57 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 01:51:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Uh? It seems that the universe loves classics cars."

All-terrain wheels? (the terrain was never specified for all I know it can snow or desert) and a steam powered motor with MAGIC STONES!!! providing infinite water and heat and capable of reaching high speeds so is both awesome and practical.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 02:22:37 pm »

This is propulsion, right?

Let's make some Infinite Improbability Drives.  (1 with each die?)

Heyyyy, can I use magic to fiddle with these rolls?

If so, try to buff myself to have better luck before starting with this phase.  'Better luck' is defined as 'more chance of 4, 5,and 6, and especially 5s out of those three'
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:41:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 03:09:29 pm »

6 is an overshot and can be as or even more amusing than a 1...
...necromantic catttttttttttttttt!MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 05:07:10 pm »

Gloshi knows exactly what Gloshi wants, big mechanical spider legs, two sets, one with six legs for the front, the other with eight for the trailer, to be used for terrains that wheels can't navigate. Gloshi rolls his dice, hoping to gain both pairs on a single die.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:59:21 pm by Failbird105 »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 06:25:40 pm »

The guacamole and cheese cocktail was quite nice. Funny how the drinks keep disappearing from my glass, it seems to empty itself...

Propulsion? The Tokamak sparks, the metronome rocks, the groupies headbang on the headbanging plates, the truck moves. Any questions?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:29:24 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2016, 07:24:08 pm »

Vehicle Construction Turn 2: That's Not Propulsion AT ALL!

The first tank will use good old tank treads, just coated in large spikes, and spitting flames.
Because fire and spikes are fun.
The second tank is equipped with an arcane levitation system, using air magic to make it fly, and propel itself. Of course, with not being an air mage, repairing it may suck.

"Well, you're not going to be using both vehicles in the race..."

That noted, you make an adjustment and let the dice fly.

(4) (1)

The treads the first roll creates aren't exactly perfect, but they'll work well enough. Mainly because they're missing the spikes. The flames are still there, though.

The second roll... good grief. Is this thing supposed to create a tornado around your vehicle and use that to move it?

... that's exactly what it's supposed to do.

Flaming Treads:
Slow(you move slower)
Less Maneuverable(part of the package deal of using a tank)
FLAMES(while driving, you can make a maneuverability roll as an attack roll to burn somebody's vehicle)

Tornado Propulsion:
Blurringly Fast(you move much faster)
Shooting at a Tornado(projectiles won't be happy about targeting you)
A Bloody Tornado(you're going to be causing damage to any vehicle and other thing near you by your sheer presence)
A BLOODY TORNADO(seriously, your vehicle is likely going to take damage every cycle you use this. Big damage.)
And seriously, a bloody tornado(good luck getting to where you want to go)
Aiming From A Tornado(accuracy rolls rather decreased)

Phase 2: The NCTUC shall get it's tank treds controlled by the cockpit. With small rocket boosters in the back

You bite ahold of the dice and let fly.

(3) (3)

Well, that was puny. Really.

The first roll resulted in a set of puny small tank treads. The second roll resulted in some tiny rocket boosters. Combined, they might be able to get up to a decent speed. Apart? Not so much.

Puny Tank Treads:
Puny(less hit points, damage resistance, will need help to be decent)

Puny Rocket Boosters:
Puny(less hit points, damage resistance, will need help to be decent)

((the rocket boosters aren't the kind you use for a short boost of speed. Those you can get using the Systems phase.))

All-terrain wheels? (the terrain was never specified for all I know it can snow or desert) and a steam powered motor with MAGIC STONES!!! providing infinite water and heat and capable of reaching high speeds so is both awesome and practical.

(1) (5)

Those are not all terrain wheels. Those aren't actually wheels at all. Those are rickety buzzsaws. Good grief.

The motor went fine, though. Perpetual energy using steam and magical stones that might be used for a spell in an emergency.

Buzzsaw "Wheels":
Flimsy(less hit points, damage resistance)
Not Wheels(if the ground isn't near flat, your maneuvering and progress will be extremely reduced)

Perpetual Motion Steam Motor:
Perpetual(no fuel of any kind needed)
Magic Stones(may be removed from engine and used to boost a spell's power in an emergency)

This is propulsion, right?

Let's make some Infinite Improbability Drives.  (1 with each die?)

Heyyyy, can I use magic to fiddle with these rolls?

If so, try to buff myself to have better luck before starting with this phase.  'Better luck' is defined as 'more chance of 4, 5,and 6, and especially 5s out of those three'

The looks at you, then smiles. Horribly. The kind of smile that means "Go right ahead. If it doesn't end well, it REALLY won't end well."

Competency: (2+1=3)
Potency: (2)

You weave the forces of aether, focusing on improving your luck with the dice. Regardless of your skill, you fail to weave a spell powerful enough to effect the dice. Probably for the best, considering your paltry control.

Oh well. You roll the dice normally.

(1) (5)

You're not using the first drive. Honestly, it's not even a drive. More like a bomb.

The second drive looks a lot more viable, thankfully. I mean, it's not like dissolving you and your vehicle into a quantum state then collapsing you and your vehicle into the desired location is a bad idea, right?

Infinite Improbability Bomb:
No(no, no, and no. This isn't a drive. This is a bomb. The kind that could feasibly injure a lesser eldritch entity. Don't use it.)

Infinite Improbability Drive:
Quantum Collapse Warp(bypass terrain)
Quantum Variability(will likely not arrive exactly where you wish to, without the assistance of an eldritch entity at least)
Please Don't Mess With It(if damaged, will have very strange effects on you and your vehicle when used)
And The Same For Overuse(if you use it too many times in one turn... see the above. Do consider that's what you'll be using to dodge attacks, unless you have another plan)

Gloshi knows exactly what Gloshi wants, big mechanical spider legs, two sets, one with six legs for the front, the other with eight for the trailer, to be used for terrains that wheels can't navigate. Gloshi rolls his dice, hoping to gain both pairs on a single die.

(3) (3)

You glance over at the cat for a moment, confused by the sharing of your luck, but you eventually shake your head and look back at the results of your throws.

Two sets of four spider legs that are definitely not as big as you would like.

Puny Quad Spider Legs(x2):
Puny(less hit points and armor)
Climb(can bypass or make easier some terrain)
Slow(slower, less maneuverable)

Propulsion? The Tokamak sparks, the metronome rocks, the groupies headbang on the headbanging plates, the truck moves. Any questions?

You throw the dice, strum a tune on your electro-lute which somehow survived the trip...

(6) (1)

And throw probability out of whack.

The metronome draws strength from rhythm to propel your vehicle. It also induces rhythm on other beings that listen to it. You have to face the fact that you might not be able to stop.

The head banging plates... MUST RESIST THE... the burrito man tosses a giant burrito skin over the headbanging plates, breaking the compulsion on you. Well... then.

Perpetual Metronome of Propulsion:
Draws Strength From Rhythm(the more crew members and other beings contribute to the melody, and the more rhythmic it is, the faster and further you will go)
Follow the Rhythm(if supplied with rhythm, it will force others who hear the rhythm to follow it, increasing your speed. Nothing's telling it to stop at night, however. And no sleep means no sanity.)
Just A Metronome(rather easy to destroy, keep it safe)

Headbanging Plates:
MUST RESIST(induce a memetic effect on whoever sees them to make them bang their heads against them)
No Propulsion Whatsoever(not actually a propulsion method)

Stage 2: Propulsion: the dog running very fast because its a giant skeleton dog.

Necromantic infusion it is! Though you note that the corpses aren't skeletons at all... corpses come with flesh.

Agh, that smells.

(3) (6)

The first necromantic gem is barely powerful enough to get one of the corpses moving, and it needs time to recharge every three day-night cycles.

The second is far more powerful, and doesn't need recharging. The downside? It makes the corpse it's attached to a little... enthusiastic. Potentially dangerous to the rider.

Weak Necromantic Gem:
Weak(move slowly)
Low Power(must take a cycle to recharge for every 3 cycles)

Overcharged Necromantic Gem:
Overcharged(move quickly)
A Bit Too Much Power(chance to cause injury to caster with shock from fast movement)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:19:03 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2016, 07:55:06 pm »

Roll 1: A big f*cking cannon which fires explosive rounds, and a cloaking system.
Roll 2: Steering thrusters, a Vulkan-style Minigun (Gets better the more rounds it is used for), and a speed boost.

Like I'll need it.
Because of course I HAVE to pick that tornado shit.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 2
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2016, 08:21:20 pm »

((You can't really get multiple things in one roll. Unless you want them all to be spliced together, which is an option.))
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10