Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5.4. Flames and failure.  (Read 14834 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 2
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 08:30:35 pm »

Let's get this thing for weapon #1.

Now, let's get a defense together...And make some Voidplate.  Voidplate is a magical item that holds a portal to the Void directly atop the armor plating's surface, such that anything that hits the Voidplate goes into the Void instead of going through the plate.

It works by an ingenious fusion of magic and technology, such that only the needed patch of Voidplate is activated, as opposed to having to constantly flicker shields to see outside and etc..

Also it can shoot portals to the Void at people.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:33:08 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2016, 08:46:43 pm »

Gloshi rolls the dice to make an idol to GUN. AKA a giant fucking deagle. With an advanced control panel connected to it that can control the platform that the gun is on, and the spider legs. As well as a single heavy LMG, to be wielded by Gloshi
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:49:43 pm by Failbird105 »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2016, 09:32:08 pm »

Sonic weaponry and landscaping system.
big mutha subwoofers and 720º weapons-grade speakers coverage, capable of going from earth-shaking subsonic brown notes to bat-slaying ultrasounds and beyond
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 0
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 11:40:59 pm »

It was eithyer gonna be a giant time-dog-living-skeleton or a tartis. I chose the doge for my chassis(Preferably the memed version at the top of the comments).
By the giant skeleton dog thingy was my chasis.
((My fault for not including a bolded thing there))

((Still should have noticed it.))

The looks at you after your first throw of the dice produced absolutely nothing. Then you feel a note of feeling... apology?

(Gain "Compensation". Redeem it as you wish, but beware of the backlash for if you ask for too much, or if you try to interfere with another player)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:47:03 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 1
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2016, 02:50:51 am »

Phase 2: The NCTUC shall get it's tank treds controlled by the cockpit. With small rocket boosters in the back

You bite ahold of the dice and let fly.

(3) (3)

Well, that was puny. Really.

The first roll resulted in a set of puny small tank treads. The second roll resulted in some tiny rocket boosters. Combined, they might be able to get up to a decent speed. Apart? Not so much.

Puny Tank Treads:
Puny(less hit points, damage resistance, will need help to be decent)

Puny Rocket Boosters:
Puny(less hit points, damage resistance, will need help to be decent)

((the rocket boosters aren't the kind you use for a short boost of speed. Those you can get using the Systems phase.))
- - - -
"I guess I wall have to use both the tank treads and the rocket together. HMPH!"

Phase 1: A vehicle with tank-like treds for the bottom half, but the top half of a cat for the main vehicle, preferably heavily armoured, but not so much that we're really really slow. With kittens painted on them. Oh yeah, and pictures of me painting kittens, can't forget that!

Phase 2: The NCTUC shall get it's tank treds controlled by the cockpit. With small rocket boosters in the back (Also, can we use both vehicles? If so, then the CGM gets jetpack mode!)

Phase 3: Small rocket boosters on the back that can be activated whenever the Cank is going to slow, 2 miniguns in the paws, a rocket luncher in the tail, (it fires lunchboxes instead of rockets.) and a giant modern ballista on the head. With pictures of kittens on them. That's obviously the most important part. And, if possible, all the weaponry is rotatable?

Phase 4: Now for some crew... hmmmm... OH, I KNOW, CLONES!

Phase 5: BOX ARTIFACTS!! YAAAAAAY!!!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:53:07 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2016, 05:20:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A system of pipes that goes from the motor of the car to the back of it, it allows me to overcharge the motor gaining a speed boost while boiling alive anything behind me with the power of steam and creating a nice steam cloud that blocks others vision.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2016, 08:09:58 pm »

Stage 1 Chassis: The giant skeleton dog
Stage 2: Propulsion: the dog running very fast because its a giant skeleton dog.
Stage 3 Armaments: Hits Like A Truck due to size + Fast Regen Rate
Stage 4 Crew: The Dog Will Go Where I want It To Go
Stage 5: Use Compensation to improve my chance at getting the ability to declare a time loop by the following rules:
On a given turn I must declare a time loop in which I see a copy of myself in a certain condition do an action. In the future I must travel back in time and commit the said action in order to fulfill the loop or I (or my mount if thats whats best applicable here) will suffer damage in the form of paradox.
(Will use Compensation once I figure out what I want)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:23:13 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2016, 09:02:17 pm »

Stage 1 is Chassis.
Stage 2 is Propulsion.
Stage 3 is Systems.
Stage 4 is Crew.
Stage 5 is Special.

Right now, you need Propulsion for your giant hound corpse.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2016, 06:23:44 pm »

thx. edited

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »

Vehicle Construction Turn 3: You Don't Always Get What You Want

Roll 1: A big f*cking cannon which fires explosive rounds, and a cloaking system.
Roll 2: Steering thrusters, a Vulkan-style Minigun (Gets better the more rounds it is used for), and a speed boost.

(5) (2)

The first die you throw produces a cannon. An invisible cannon. That fires invisible explosive shells. Might be harder to dodge?

The second die you throw... yeah, no. You get a minigun. An ordinary minigun. Not mountable on your vehicle at all. Didn't come with any ammo either.

Invisible Explosive Cannon:
Invisible!(cannot be specifically targeted as part of an attack)
Invisible Shots!(harder to dodge it)
EXPLOSIONS!(can hit multiple vehicles with one shot, harder to aim)

Ordinary Minigun:
Hand Weapon(not for your vehicle, for you)
No Ammo(you'll need to do something about that before you use it)

Let's get this thing for weapon #1.

Now, let's get a defense together...And make some Voidplate.  Voidplate is a magical item that holds a portal to the Void directly atop the armor plating's surface, such that anything that hits the Voidplate goes into the Void instead of going through the plate.

It works by an ingenious fusion of magic and technology, such that only the needed patch of Voidplate is activated, as opposed to having to constantly flicker shields to see outside and etc..

Also it can shoot portals to the Void at people.

You shake the dice, blowing on them... you really hope this works.

(1) (2)

They hate you.

Actually, you got the weapon you wanted. You also got everything around it that would be hazardous to you.

Basically: the Midnight Crew.

If you want to use the CDDC, you'll need to include the Midnight Crew as a part of your vehicle construction. Probably a bad idea.

And on top of that, the dang thing's burnt out from its first firing. There's no telling would would happen if it fired again.

Luckily, the whole shebang is in a time-stop bubble, courtesy of Mr. N. So you don't have to worry about that right now.

For the second roll: you got a spray can of "Spray-On Void Armor!" which can temporarily cause whatever it's sprayed on to absorb harmful energy. It's past its expiration date.

CDDC + Midnight Crew:
By the power of dice!(potentially massive damage, depending on your rolls)
Burnt Out(single shot, may have averse side effects)
Midnight Crew(including this in your vehicle will cause the Midnight Crew to spawn and chase after you)

Spray-On Void Armor!:
Limited Amount(can only be used three times, must be used as a night action(unless you want the armor to work during the night, but why would you want that?))(works in phase following the one it's used in)
Expired(potentially nasty)
Void Armor(causes your vehicle to absorb harmful energy exerted against it, up to a certain point)

Gloshi rolls the dice to make an idol to GUN. AKA a giant fucking deagle. With an advanced control panel connected to it that can control the platform that the gun is on, and the spider legs. As well as a single heavy LMG, to be wielded by Gloshi

You toss your dice!

(1)

NO. no nonnonononnoooooo. You are NOT putting that thing on your vehicle!

The thing is a giant statue. Of a HIPPY. AKA, a gun hater. It seems to be producing an aura of peace and love. But that's not what you want.

(5)

Yup! Heavy light machine gun, ready for use! Comes with ammo in the incendiary, explosive, armor penetrating, and aether absorbing varieties!
Heavy light machine gun. You immediately shut your mind off to avoid thinking about the contradiction.

Giant Hippy Statue:
NO(it's a giant hippy statue)
Peace, Dude! Feel the love!(emits an aura of peace and love)

Heavy Light Machine Gun:
Personal Armament(used not by your vehicle, but by you)
Ammo Variety(when used, choose incendiary, explosive, armor penetrating, or aether absorbing for its special effect)
Paradox(don't think about it too hard or you'll get a headache)

Phase 3: Small rocket boosters on the back that can be activated whenever the Cank is going to slow, 2 miniguns in the paws, a rocket luncher in the tail, (it fires lunchboxes instead of rockets.) and a giant modern ballista on the head. With pictures of kittens on them. That's obviously the most important part. And, if possible, all the weaponry is rotatable?
Choose two of those, then I'll roll. Or fuse them together. You can't get more than one thing with a roll(normally), after all.

(For turn 3) Fine, just rocket luncher and miniguns then :(

You refine your choices, then throw the dice.

(2) (3)

The dice don't like you much.

You get... a single-shot portable rocket launcher.

And a handheld minigun. With ammo.

The problem with both of these? You're a cat.

Single-Shot Personal Rocket Launcher:
Single-Shot(only can be fired once)
Big Boom!(explosive damage)
Personal(not for your vehicle)

Personal Minigun:
Personal(not for your vehicle)

The problem with both of these:
You're a cat(think about it)

A system of pipes that goes from the motor of the car to the back of it, it allows me to overcharge the motor gaining a speed boost while boiling alive anything behind me with the power of steam and creating a nice steam cloud that blocks others vision.

(6) (4)

You get a wonderful system of pipes that send steam from your engine to the back of the car! You just can't stop the flow, though.

The overcharge goes better, but less powerful. You shouldn't use it unless you want to cause slight damage to your engine.

Annoying Pipes System:
Steam Channel(send steam from your engine to the back of the vehicle, can't be turned off. Can cloud vision when combined with an overcharge of your engine.)

Low-Level Overcharge:
Overcharge!(go faster and further, just not as much as with a 5)
Side Effects(cause slight damage to your engine, increases if used in a cycle after it was used in the previous one)
STEAM!(sends extra steam out of the engine)

Stage 3 Armaments: Hits Like A Truck due to size + Fast Regen Rate

(4) (3)

Sometimes, you just need to get something smashed. You conjure up an augment which can temporarily increase the weight of your mount accordingly, increasing the smash coefficient.

You also try to create a regeneration system. It works! Just... slowly.

Weight Smash Amplifier:
SMASH!(increases the damage you deal by smashing a player's vehicle)
Recoil(will likely cause some damage to your mount as a result of use)

Slow Regeneration System:
Slow Regeneration(will repair your mount by a small amount at the start of each day)

You seem to have forgotten me.
big mutha subwoofers and 720º weapons-grade speakers coverage, capable of going from earth-shaking subsonic brown notes to bat-slaying ultrasounds and beyond
If the problem is a second request, then I'lll have stage lighting powerful enough to be concentrated into a laser weapon that can also write in the sky and do psychadelic effects.

(4) (3)

Well. At least it's not actively working against you.

First of all: You get your speaker system. It isn't quite as variable as you would like, but it's still quite capable of amplifying sound waves to do massive damage.

For the second: It's also not quite as variable as you would like. Just a single overpowered stage light. Perfect for blinding people though.

Sonic Amplification Speaker System:
Sonic Amp(allows you to make a Potency roll to increase the damage caused by a sonic blast)

Nightsun Turret:
Beam o' Light(projects a beam of light that cannot be dodged(though your aim can fail))
Light(doesn't have much of an effect except against eyes and darkness magic)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:08:57 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 3
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2016, 10:51:00 pm »

Roll 1: Wind spirits and Wind mages, who are competent enough at bending air magic to their will that they might lessen the effects of the tornado on the craft.
Roll 2: Eldritch abominations, so terrifying and unholy that a single look would send any mortal into insanity.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2016, 12:49:33 am »

OMG OMG MIDNIGHT CREW SQUEEEEEEE

puts on some appropriate music and dons an aura of darkness

This is crew phase right?  I don't suppose I could get a certain band of card-themed psychopaths without having to roll for them?

As for the crew I want to roll for...Hmm.

Let's see if I can make a proper magitech AI that runs on a network of nanomachines.

If not, can I get a crew of androids with laser beams?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:50:27 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2016, 04:27:54 am »

You seem to have forgotten me.
If the problem is a second request, then I'lll have stage lighting powerful enough to be concentrated into a laser weapon that can also write in the sky and do psychadelic effects.

As for crew, I'll take Pink Floyd's stage engineers to deal with lights and sound, last year's Paris-Dakar rally truck champions to do the driving, and groupies to mosh, support, and do odd jobs.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:42:28 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2016, 06:20:36 am »

(For turn 3) Fine, just rocket luncher and miniguns then :(

(For Turn 4) Clones
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10