Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5.4. Flames and failure.  (Read 14966 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 2
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:06 pm »

Stage 5: Use Compensation to improve my chance at getting the ability to declare a time loop by the following rules:
On a given turn I must declare a time loop in which I see a copy of myself in a certain condition do an action. In the future I must travel back in time and commit the said action in order to fulfill the loop or I (or my mount if thats whats best applicable here) will suffer damage in the form of paradox.

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 4
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2016, 01:17:06 pm »

Missing Maegil.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 4. Missing Maegil.
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2016, 10:41:45 am »

Still missing Maegil. If I don't get him before I have to bump again, I'll do the turn without him.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(7/7): Pre-Race Preparation 4. Missing Maegil.
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2017, 06:09:11 pm »

Okay. I'm going to go ahead and break my promise to do the turn without Maegil.

For now, anyway. If he still doesn't show up, I'll go ahead and do the turn.
Generic Arms Race.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Bring out your dead!!! ((I'm not dead yet))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

I live.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

I will keep playing too
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gloshi

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

I'm still here to.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Alfred sips a liquefied burrito.

"Yeah, I don't think he's coming."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vehicle Construction Turn 5: Yes.

Roll 1: Time and Space Hypercube, granting the user some level of control over one of the two elements at a time.
Roll 2: Leech Abomination, one that drains the durability of other vehicles and returns it to its home vehicle, as long as it is not severed.

(3) (2)

You get a hypercube, better known as a tesseract. It's very annoying(and in fact, painful) to look at, but it doesn't seem to be doing much to time and space.
You throw it away in annoyance, and it moves a tad bit faster than you would have expected. Apparently it shrinks the distance between it and what it's thrown at, and also accelerates time for itself. Not exactly what you wanted, however.

The second die toss nets you... a bucket of leeches.

Throwing Hypercube:
Painful to look at.
Shrinks distance between itself and what its thrown at, also accelerates time for itself.

Bucket of Leeches:
Ew.

Reroll for all-terrain wheels
If above roll was 1 or 2 re-roll for wheels again. If not roll for a cornucopia (Wait affinity... it only produces water and food that was cooked trough steam?)

(1) (4)

The first roll morphs the wheels into something that's actually worse and more dangerous than the previous wheels. The second roll gets you some all-terrain wheels that seem a bit rugged and worn. Better than what you had before, at least.

Worn All-Terrain Wheels:
All-Terrain(reduces terrain penalties)
Worn(less durability)

"Paradox? Phmh i've already caused many of them, it doesn't matter if I cause another.
Turn 5= Reroll weaponry of turn 3.

(6) (4)

You get a rocket launcher. One you can actually use. It'll be integrated into your vehicle's head. The thing about this rocket launcher? It fires spells. You cast a spell, then the launcher fires the spell as a rocket at the enemy. Sadly, it's a little bit overpowered. The backlash to your vehicle could be quite significant.

Also, it doesn't fire lunch boxes. Though the missiles are cubes.

The second roll: a pair of miniguns for your vehicle. They aren't the best, but they'll function, at least.

Spell-Firing Rocket Launcher:
Fires Cubes
Conveys Spells(you cast a spell, then the rocket absorbs the spell and uses it on what it hits)
Backlash(will likely cause damage to your vehicle when used)

Overheating Miniguns:
Dakka(many, many bullets, may possibly even shoot multiple enemies or targets at once)
Overheat(will need cooling after firing, unless you want to damage them)

Gloshi is VERY happy with how this set of rolls turned out. So now, he chooses to fix the most major fuck ups that happened along the way. He rerolls the spider legs, and the thing that would have been an alter to GUN!

(4) (1)

You reroll one of the spider legs sets, and the gun altar...

Well then. Half of your spider legs are quite a bit less puny. The altar to gun...

IT BURNS.

Sixfold Front Spider Legs, Still Weak:
Weak(less hit points and armor, but better than puny)
Climb(can bypass nasty terrain)
Stable(harder to knock over)
Slow(move slowly in comparison to other vehicles)

Improved Hippy Statue:
HAIL PEACE- The burrito man throws a tarp over the statue, and the peace brainwashing cuts out.

Reroll my AI.

I'm going to wait for the results of that to decide on my second roll.

(4)
Well, it's better than before, at least. Still lacks the full power of an AI, but at least it's not faulty.

Halfway Decent AI:
AI(has control over ship)
AI Core(if core is damaged, AI will get... worse. Core is armored though.)

Stage 5: Use Compensation to improve my chance at getting the ability to declare a time loop by the following rules:
On a given turn I must declare a time loop in which I see a copy of myself in a certain condition do an action. In the future I must travel back in time and commit the said action in order to fulfill the loop or I (or my mount if thats whats best applicable here) will suffer damage in the form of paradox.

Your dice roll seems aided by an unknown force...

(4+1=5)

You feel. You know. The newfound glyph on your hand is ready for use.

((You still have a roll left to spend.))

Temporal Loop Beacon Glyph:
Summoning(can summon a version of yourself from the future to do an action of your choice)
Paradox Avoidance(must be summoned next turn and preform said action to avoid paradox)
Generic Arms Race.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards' Wacky Death Race(6?/7): Pre-Race Preparation 5. Yes.
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2017, 12:25:32 pm »

"Cool weapons, do you have any target practice? Or should I just use him?" Point the weapons at the guy who I started arguing with at the start.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2017, 01:05:45 pm »

"Do you desire to "go", "bro"? I will decimate your world. Exhibit one; controllable tornado. Exhibit two; eldritch abominations, in egg form."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:54 pm »

*Gun Loading noises*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2017, 01:45:00 pm »

What does my Vehicle look like so far?

Steal that other guy's vehicle, bribe the Midnight Crew with it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:48:44 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10