Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: idiot mode  (Read 2241 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: idiot mode
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »

and you run a real risk of your dorfs waiting until it's too late to prevent insanity.
If I'm reading my psychiatrist's upside-down notes correctly, it's too late. I'm certifiable, and there's nothing at all my dorfs can do about it now.
I meant the dorfs' insanity.  A dorf that faithfully does everything she's told and goes insane, or one that stays sane but never gets around to doing her job, have the same negative impact on the player's sanity.
I know that. But it's always a race between dorfs and myself.  Which is why I always conduct my therapy sessions whilst hanging by the feet from the ceiling.

(Which would make my therapist's notes, across the desk from my inverted position, effectively the right way up. Except that my therapist has also started to take on the same batlike position thus counter-inverting said notes. And, mumbling about stramge moods. I think I need a new therapist.)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 09:07:47 pm »

and you run a real risk of your dorfs waiting until it's too late to prevent insanity.
If I'm reading my psychiatrist's upside-down notes correctly, it's too late. I'm certifiable, and there's nothing at all my dorfs can do about it now.
I meant the dorfs' insanity.  A dorf that faithfully does everything she's told and goes insane, or one that stays sane but never gets around to doing her job, have the same negative impact on the player's sanity.
I know that. But it's always a race between dorfs and myself.  Which is why I always conduct my therapy sessions whilst hanging by the feet from the ceiling.

(Which would make my therapist's notes, across the desk from my inverted position, effectively the right way up. Except that my therapist has also started to take on the same batlike position thus counter-inverting said notes. And, mumbling about stramge moods. I think I need a new therapist.)
Oh yes, the Dwarf Therapist.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 10:10:15 am »

Ha, but seriously, it is not like turning off some switches and the dorfs become idiots.
You have to code working idiot behaviors and maintain both smart and idiot branches.
Pages: 1 [2]