Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [WIP][Void Wamblers Update] Alchemical Warfare (Suggestions wanted)  (Read 1875 times)

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently started modding, and tried to start simple.
What began as creating a weapon workshop that makes cannons turned into using alchemy to infuse charges with explodium, virium, or doomium.

Long story short, I'm making a mod now to expand sieges.

At it's current stage, I'd like some ideas for what all to create by the end of this.

WORKING: Cannons, ammo, infusing, refining, unstable materials, siege spikes, elemental wamblers, tanks.
STARTED: Mind-altering ammo.
FUTURE: ???

Ideas?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:00:37 pm by asialsky »
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][Void Wamblers Update] Alchemical Warfare (Suggestions wanted)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:35:51 pm »

RESERVED SPACE

Current Download Version 1.4:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/swmvuqyr567abc0/Alchemical%20Warfare%20V1.4.zip?dl=0

Changelog + update plan:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:53:55 pm by asialsky »
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 01:00:14 pm »

Updated to V1.2, "Void Wambler Update."
Check second post for download.

Suggestions? Please?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:56:27 pm »

This sort of thing isn't usually what I work on, but it sounds like you're doing really advanced work. I can look at it later if you want.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 05:36:18 pm »

This sort of thing isn't usually what I work on, but it sounds like you're doing really advanced work. I can look at it later if you want.
Feel free to explore my raws. (That sounded dirtier than intended...)
Basically, I've just been having ideas, and seeing how I can force the game to emulate them. (In the most hacked-in ways possible without using DFhack.)
I really just want to hear people's ideas for an alchemy-based siege scenario, and see what I'm capable of adding.

Current project is giving special wambers attacks. As-is, they just use "push" and gouge people's eyes out. (Unless you count cannon charges causing a chain reaction that makes the wambler boil)

Update pushed about once a day, unless there's a critical bug.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 05:40:16 pm by asialsky »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 07:30:05 pm »

I was going through your mod and fixing bugs. I noticed there's difficulty with the void wambler being supposed to be made primarily of inorganic "void". You seem to be trying to replace the creature's piece by piece with void. Unless there's an organic part you want to keep, wouldn't it be easier to just dump the organics altogether and rework the materials in a way similar to a Bronze Colossus or Amethyst man?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:38:24 pm »

I was going through your mod and fixing bugs. I noticed there's difficulty with the void wambler being supposed to be made primarily of inorganic "void". You seem to be trying to replace the creature's piece by piece with void. Unless there's an organic part you want to keep, wouldn't it be easier to just dump the organics altogether and rework the materials in a way similar to a Bronze Colossus or Amethyst man?
1.) Thank you for actually posting to this thread. Plenty of views, but no-one else is posting.

I probably should make them in a manner similar to the Bronze Colossus to save space, but I'm not a fan of templates. That, and tissue is being left alone becuase I see no need to replace the organs of my experiments.
I may end up keeping them as-is for the time being.

Out of curiosity, what bugs needed fixing?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:57:25 pm by asialsky »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 08:00:32 pm »

You're welcome. I suggested changing them to the Bronze Colossus variant because in their current form their skin isn't working right. I recommend keeping the errorlog clean, I've always found it extremely useful in my own modding. If you let it get overrun though it's useless and you still have to fix it someday.

These are the fixes I've got so far.

In material_template_void, change the five instances of IEMS_HARD to ITEMS_HARD. In the same file and inorganic_lethal change
      [CE_FEEL_EMOTION:Distress
       to
      [CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:Distress

You need the word EMOTION twice. It's a bit strange. In item_cannonw you need to change the skill on [RANGED:CANNON:CBALL]. CANNON isn't a skill and the skills are hardcoded. CROSSBOW seems like a good replacement. The same situation is in item_tank on the TANKTURRET weapon. [RANGED:TANKTURRET:TROUND] TANKTURRET in the middle needs to be a different skill. The skills you can use are listed here.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Skill_token

Also in item_tank, you should get rid of [BLOCKCHANCE:99] in [ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TANK]. Blockchance only applies to shields, so it just generates errors there.

You show a lot of talent for somebody just starting. Your work implies a good grasp of the raws, especially advanced concepts like inorganic syndromes. Also, good form isolating your mod to its own files. That will make it merge easily with other mods.

*Seeing your new edit, changing the creature to Void entirely will convert the organs as well.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:02:35 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 08:05:57 pm »

-snip-
I was attempting to edit my last post, but my internet is crashing right now.
Besides typos I didn't see, the dodge chance token was actually an artifact from the initial version of it, which was a shield item.
I'll fix those things, but expect occasional typos. My keyboard has a few touchy keys that don't always work.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 08:10:10 pm »

It's alright.
My mods and forum games.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 08:26:31 pm »

"Distress" doesn't seem to work, with or without prefix EMOTION:, or when replace with its ID#.
See if you can create a string that doesn't output an error.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Apparently there's some unspoken rule that it has to be in ALL CAPS.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:30:09 pm by asialsky »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 08:32:18 pm »

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Apparently there's some unspoken rule that it has to be in ALL CAPS.

THAT'S RIGHT.
My mods and forum games.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 08:55:22 pm »

Errorlog.txt scrubbed.
I honestly wasn't even checking the log for errors as I went, because I'm used to games with errors letting me know that something is going wrong.

EDIT: I'm going to go generate a new LEGENDS region, and see how many places get dominated by a Demonic Wambler.
Prior to them getting an attack method, they just wandered around aimlessly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:59:17 pm by asialsky »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 09:05:42 pm »

Keep in mind that Legends combat uses different measures than a real fight. That might alter the results from whatever happens in gameplay.
My mods and forum games.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 11:36:00 pm »

Hopped back into my world and discovered that [REACTION:MAKE_TANK] is producing 14 tank chassis instead of one. I had a similar issue with metal ammo earlier on. Is it because I overwrote the region1 raws with the updated mod ones?
Pages: [1] 2