Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, weird things with the burial rooms in goblin cites and their contents.  (Read 1937 times)

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I've gotten in the habit of using goblins from goblin civs. Most of the time it takes me a while to find my way out of the fortress' basement, but that's ok.

The thing is, I often find a bunch of coffins, memorials and a ton of peasent skeletons. That's ok too, goblins aren't known for leading peaceful civilian lives.

What's not ok is the fact that when I butcher those "skeletons", I get edible goblin meat, and I can use their bones for crafts. Like, is that mean't to happen? Skeletons from sentients that give meat and crafteable bones. I'm yet to test it with the skeletons found on the basement of human temples, or tombs, and the only mod I have is the [ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] on the entity raws to be able to use a native goblin adventurer.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: So, weird things with the burial rooms in goblin cites and their contents.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 09:22:42 am »

Hmm. I had tried making a crown out of a necromancer's bones, but wasn't able to. Then I killed one of the zombies (the ones that simply spawn in the towers), and I was able to carve bones from it. Perhaps one can only carve bones (and presumably eat meat) obtained from non-historical corpses? The "peasant skeletons" found in crypts and tombs are simply generated, not the remains of real historical figures.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 03:18:20 pm »

You can't eat or carve bones of any sapient creature, but undead lose the [INTELLIGENT], [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] tokens when resurrected, meaning that you can eat the meat of a sentient, if they were undead.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 07:03:46 pm »

You can't eat or carve bones of any sapient creature, but undead lose the [INTELLIGENT], [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] tokens when resurrected, meaning that you can eat the meat of a sentient, if they were undead.
Hmm. But in this case it seems that regular dead folk who died during worldgen are perfectly edible. I doubt the OP has run into a room packed full of zombie remains.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 07:22:50 pm »

Hmm. But in this case it seems that regular dead folk who died during worldgen are perfectly edible. I doubt the OP has run into a room packed full of zombie remains.

Nope, that goblin fortress wasn't on a reanimating biome or near a tower, so there's no way those corpses were reanimated and then laid to rest again.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 07:27:48 pm »

They probably just didn't have those tags, for whatever reason.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 09:43:09 pm »

World-Gen corpses are indeed edible, they lack the item.flags1.dead_dwarf=true flag which prevents consumption/use. Removing [CAN_LEARN] before death prevents it being set, it's part of the interaction I use to allow consumption of sapients since I've got various intelligent megabeasts and such that have iron and steel property bones and scales I like to use.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 06:10:31 am »

World-Gen corpses are indeed edible, they lack the item.flags1.dead_dwarf=true flag which prevents consumption/use. Removing [CAN_LEARN] before death prevents it being set, it's part of the interaction I use to allow consumption of sapients since I've got various intelligent megabeasts and such that have iron and steel property bones and scales I like to use.
those world gen corpses also lack a soul so if you say, resurrect them your bound to crash the game just to save someone modding themselves into a FUN time with bones.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 01:46:46 pm »

Hmm. I had tried making a crown out of a necromancer's bones, but wasn't able to. Then I killed one of the zombies (the ones that simply spawn in the towers), and I was able to carve bones from it. Perhaps one can only carve bones (and presumably eat meat) obtained from non-historical corpses? The "peasant skeletons" found in crypts and tombs are simply generated, not the remains of real historical figures.

They don't just "spawn" basically  each site keeps track of non-historical peasent populations/non-historical deaths (These  are entity populations)  (towers keep track of non-historical zombie populations aswell for the same purposes) these skeletons are simply dead entity population. (Just numbers to the site) and have no hist fig linked to them so you can use them) this also happens in human crypts. But they aren't as "simply spawned" as you think because they are actually tracked even if just numbers.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 06:53:54 pm »

I've seen this with skeletons, bones, and meat of victims of night trolls found in their lairs.
Code: [Select]
You butcher Rayali Sareveathave's skeleton.
You pick up the Rayali Sareveathave's bone [23] and put it in your jute backpack.
You drop Rayali Sareveathave's bone [23].
You make a -elf bone figurine of Uno Shadydeaths the Cavernous Dead-.
You make a +elf bone figurine of Uno Shadydeaths the Cavernous Dead+.
You make a *elf bone figurine of Uno Shadydeaths the Cavernous Dead*.
You make a +elf bone figurine of Athe Famouscyclone+.
You make a elf bone figurine of Athe Famouscyclone.
You make a elf bone figurine of Athe Famouscyclone.
You make a *elf bone figurine of Athe Famouscyclone*.
You pick up the Rayali Sareveathave's bone [16] and put it in your jute backpack.
You pick up the elf meat [4] and put it in your jute backpack.
You eat the elf meat [4].
Also seen it with bones and meat that I didn't butcher.

(The butchered remains night trolls or elf companions can't be used or eaten, of course.)

So is there a bug report for this specifically? All I can find is related stuff like 2540 and 9171
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:08:04 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 09:47:32 pm »

Well, I suppose it's not intended to happen, but it's not a game breaking bug either, unless you consider having the materials to reach legendary bone carver before the end of day one as buggy or exploit-y, but then again I wouldn't have found this had I not modded the game with the all_main_pops thing...

Thing is, I think you can do the same with the corpses and skeletons found on the basement of temples , but I'm not sure because the kobold adventurer with which I meant to test that back then meet a mummy down there, which raised all the skeletons around and... Well, the skeletons butchered me.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:27 am »

Bodies found in temples, sewers, goblin troll pits, all will be edible.

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 08:05:24 pm »

In a crypt, I found a dead historical figures corpse. I butchered it and made 15 superior bone figurines of him.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee