Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What the hell is with fighting succubi in adventure mode? Random death by melt.  (Read 2377 times)

Sky Icewind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I couldn't find anything related to this, so not sure if it's just some kind of bug with my masterwork...But how come my adventurer will just randomly start melting and then burst into flames when fighting one succubus? It's rediculously unfair, this has happened to multiple adventurers, seemingly at random, even if they have not been hit once by said succubus (who might I add have also already taken over half the world, maybe their magical combustion powers had something to do with it)

This happens no matter which one I fight.

Sky Icewind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, this also seems to have happened to a book I randomly threw at them...What is with this race?

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've noticed that while played as a succubus, punching people will occasionally set things on fire. I think it's the sweat. After working up a sweat from a good brawl, a succubus ends up covered in a layer of sweat. Which is hot enough  to set fire to things it comes in contact with. Spitting on people also sets things on fire.

I think it's this part of raws
Code: [Select]
[HOMEOTHERM:10075]
[FIXED_TEMP:10075]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:3]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:25000]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:30000]

This lets them live in lava. It means they'll stay at a comfy room temperature and it'll take a very high temperature to melt or boil them. Unfortunately, a quirk of dwarven physics means that if a material is forced to be created in a particular state (such as liquid) then it'll take on the nearest temperature it can exist in that state. It's an effect used elsewhere in Masterwork for stuff like freeze attacks. So succubi aren't supposed to melt at any mortal temperature but blood, sweat, and tears are technically in a molten state so they must be insanely hot.

Don't have a quick solution for either meph or boltgun. Removing the melting point changes does mean I can't incinerate people by spitting on them but will might mean bad things if I take a lava bath. I know there's some funny behavior when it comes to netherbark and glass submerged in lava, which are normally magma-proof.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:08:28 pm by blapnk »

Sky Icewind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've noticed that while played as a succubus, punching people will occasionally set things on fire. I think it's the sweat. After working up a sweat from a good brawl, a succubus ends up covered in a layer of sweat. Which is hot enough  to set fire to things it comes in contact with. Spitting on people also sets things on fire.

I think it's this part of raws
[HOMEOTHERM:10075]
[FIXED_TEMP:10075]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:3]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:25000]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:30000]

This lets them live in lava. It means they'll stay at a comfy room temperature and it'll take a very high temperature to melt or boil them. Unfortunately, a quirk of dwarven physics means that if a material is forced to be created in a particular state (such as liquid) then it'll take on the nearest temperature it can exist in that state. It's an effect used elsewhere in Masterwork for stuff like freeze attacks. So succubi aren't supposed to melt at any mortal temperature but blood, sweat, and tears are technically in a molten state so they must be insanely hot.

Don't have a quick solution for either meph or boltgun. Removing the melting point changes does mean I can't incinerate people by spitting on them but will might mean bad things if I take a lava bath. I know there's some funny behavior when it comes to netherbark and glass submerged in lava, which are normally magma-proof.

Yeah I noticed that part when I desperately tried to edit the raws to either make them not exude pure magma, but alas, I am not meph, they do also have the fireimmune super token right above that area so maybe that'll keep em safe?

But maybe I'll mess around with that part, removing the boiling point, the fixed temp is pretty normal, and if I have to sacrifice succubi immunity to lava just to have them not be some rediculous death force, I'll gladly take the sacrifice...My human adventurers need their revenge! The bastards have taken over most of their lands with no issues!

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you could you know just not use succumbi
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

Sky Icewind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you could you know just not use succumbi

I've already genned a world I like, and there's mithril armor lying around nearly everywhere in the abandoned castles.

So no, I'd prefer not, also it's kinda shit to cut out an entire otherwise well designed race for one flaw in their raws.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Give succubi something like this after the rest of their materials are defined and it should fix it:
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:SWEAT]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:TEARS]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:SPIT]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah the worst part is that you always start a fire as a succubus if you get cut.... watch the world burn..... blood is hot enough to catch grass and trees on fire...

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

This finally explain why this happens. Another bug I had was one I setup up melting point, the succubi were unable to eat anything because it was 'too cold', hence this was why the plasma-hot fluids was kept this way.

Give succubi something like this after the rest of their materials are defined and it should fix it:
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:SWEAT]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:TEARS]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:SPIT]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]

This will be added by default. Burning blood seems to be popular however so this will be made optional through the launcher once me and Meph will be in sync.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Burning blood seems to be popular however....

its a part of dwarven !!SCIENCE!!.  Step 1.  Design something, Step 2. Increase its size by 10 to 100 fold, Step 3. See what happens when you set it on !!FIRE!!, Step 4. try to get the elves involved...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal