Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Harder Mining Option  (Read 1107 times)

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Harder Mining Option
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:15:29 am »

Hello! Unless I'm completely blind, I can't figure out how to turn off Harder Mining in the 6.2 version. I do not see an option anywhere, and when I start a new game, my miners are affected by the Harder Mining Syndromes (Warpstone Exposure and Stone Sickness). How do I disable these? Can I remove the Syndromes via Raw Editing in my save, or DFHack?

(I know I can 'cure' it with DFHack, but it's a pain to do each time it happens)

Thanks!

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Harder Mining Option
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:35:31 am »

It's part of the earth strikes back module, disabling that should get rid of it but you'll also lose hiddens gems and other features, I haven't looked at the mod specifically but you might be able too, at least you know where to look now.
LP'er

Lokked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 11:47:06 am »

I have all the Earth Strikes Back options disabled. I *think* I did, prior to World Gen, but I've Gen'd a new world now so I'll let you know if this resolves this.

On a related topic, I can't deal with hitting Unstable Warpstone the way players suggest, as I always miss notifications, due to job cancellation spam. It's the way I set up my automated industries. I use a lot of Work Orders that check for some requirements and then produce until there are no more materials left. It results in a lot of spam. Can we turn off job cancellation messages?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 11:16:57 pm »

In game vanilla DF option, I'm not at computer... but I think it's orders in the main menu and then it's the top one, the one that saysays announce job cancellations, i think it's options are none some and all.

Other note... I cheat, just pause reveal, plan a dig, unreveal, unpause go on knowing my little guys won't be cutting warpstone.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »

Warpstone is part of core Masterwork, not The Earth Strikes Back! mod.  They do have similar goals to exaggerate the risk and reward of mining.

From what I can tell in the raws, there is no option to turn off warpstone completely.  Some option called YESWARP changes it a bit and brings in Unstable Warpstone, but I haven't figured out how to change it in the UI.  It's in inorganic_masterwork.txt if you really want to scoop it out of the mod.

There are two scripts, warpstone and warpstone2, in the onLoad.init.  Meph's intent was to make warpstone show up at random rather than being in actual map locations (like the jump from TESB version 1.22 to 1.30).  Not sure if these warpstone scripts are actually doing anything in the current version, but you'd want to comment those out if you intend to cut warpstone out of the raws.

There is a way to disable the mining surprises of TESB after worldgen, which has the possible side-effect of dwarves with preferences for Hidden Gems that can no longer appear.  Just enter tesb-job-monitor -living 0 -gem 0 in the DFHack prompt.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map