Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Was I lucky before and am I unlucky now, or goblin entertainers are broken?  (Read 1476 times)

nothingSpecial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back in 43.03 being a bard for goblin was a tough choice because you risked your teeth and maybe limb while slacking in the keep when adventurer enters.

But now I've returned for some more adventurer shenangians after a little break, and now, well, if local ruler prefer company of elven and goblin poets, the latter will be extremely lucky to run out of mead hall. Most of the time the throne room become covered in goblin blood and corpses.

Is it problem of new version, or I messed up in world gen (I prefer slightly larger and nastier worlds now)?

----
Yeah, I don't really good at checking how stupid my written English is on the fly.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:56:20 am by nothingSpecial »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

their ethics of having to fight an enemy at any costs gets in the way of wandering around to play for some goblins.
and considering the walk to the keep is pretty long, they already anger the guards and attempted to shank someone by the time  you load the area and begun walking to the keep.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nothingSpecial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, my current adventurer started in a mead hall populated by elven and goblin poets, and from the very beginning they all got knives and  dwelled into mayhem. My attemt at pacifying them with dance failed, and I ended dancing in goblins' and local lady's blood. Do they argue even before site is loaded?

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I doubt it, otherwise you would see many goblin bards being killed when you look in legends mode.  To be honest, I've never actually met a goblin bard in a mead hall before.  I've seen many travelling, but never in a mead hall.  I wonder if they always fight, or just sometimes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Well, my current adventurer started in a mead hall populated by elven and goblin poets, and from the very beginning they all got knives and  dwelled into mayhem. My attemt at pacifying them with dance failed, and I ended dancing in goblins' and local lady's blood. Do they argue even before site is loaded?
same thing happens in libraries so probably they either came from someplace that hates another person combine with becoming apart of another civ and toss in a dash of ethics of fighting enemies and you get a mess of goblins being from different parts of the world getting uppity and busting out a knife.

though I rarely see goblins fight in dwarf keeps so it might be a thing with hamlets that tick folks off.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Yeah, it's an ethics issue - it's the same if you have a modded race with the enemy killing ethic set to REQUIRED. Even their entertainers are messed up and will attack people at a tavern or keep.

nothingSpecial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for claryfying!