Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: [ISG] Ashwood Cross  (Read 73457 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ashwood Cross
« Reply #285 on: March 09, 2017, 03:27:24 am »

Try to EXTRACT by putting your free time into gathering stones into the friendly robot
We can only EXTRACT once per hour (hover over things in the robot's status)

Anyway. Friend robutt!

>Maybe friend robutt can help us with that hole what electrocuted us earlier. Maybe they can open the door?
Long Live United Forenia!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2017, 04:34:33 pm »

Try to EXTRACT by putting your free time into gathering stones into the friendly robot

Whoever wrote that software could've done a better job explaining that part of EXTRACT. My bad. Plus, I keep forgetting that not everyone knows to (or can) mouse over the pictures for Alt Text info. I retconned in a Gate Fatigue condition to their character sheet that explains the limitations. Also, it's possible that Gate Fatigue will apply to other Artificer Gate based actions too.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2017, 05:08:30 pm »

On the plus side, the distraction worked! You're feeling less embarrassed now.
Just, you know, more full of existential dread.

This is awesome and you should feel incredible.

Spoiler: Terminal Output Log: (click to show/hide)

This is incredible and you should feel awesome.

. . . Gah!  There's humorous alt-text on most illustrations!  Now I have to go back through the archives!

I am overwhelmed by sheer mana-related possibilities and will have to adjourn from thinking for some time.  Regardless, the flashlight was "improved" and we wondered what was up with that. /sworcery reference.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:18 pm »

Whoever wrote that software could've done a better job explaining that part of EXTRACT. My bad. Plus, I keep forgetting that not everyone knows to (or can) mouse over the pictures for Alt Text info. I retconned in a Gate Fatigue condition to their character sheet that explains the limitations. Also, it's possible that Gate Fatigue will apply to other Artificer Gate based actions too.
This is something I've noted before (the hover part :P), despite...being used to not using Chrome.
I'm using Chrome, and it is by far the only darn browser as far as I know that does NOT display the dotted underline of 'this thing has alt-text!', and to think I wrote a guide about it and then forgot. :P
Thanks dudes for the awesome mention c:

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2017, 09:15:50 pm »

Alt-text?!

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Can you put the alt-text somewhere?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2017, 11:47:04 am »

That was an awesome update, yo! I love the
0xFF:DEADDEADDEADDEAD:DEADDEADDEADDEAD <ERROR_MANUALLY_INITIATED_EXCEPTION>
error. Mysterious!

+1 to investigating the south-left.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2017, 02:24:47 pm »

No next updoot yet, but at TheBiggerFish's request, I updated the OP. I've been putting it off because it's boring and Technical-Writing-y, but I got the bulk of it started, anyway! I'll be updating that as regularly as I reasonably can, with new game info, etc.

Also, there's now a single ongoing chapter-by-chapter Story Synopsis in the OP, to help new readers get caught up to speed. It's not such a big deal now, but I suspect it could prove useful going forward. It's a little annoying though, so if you are a newbie or lurker who makes use of it, please let me know!

It would validate and gratify my ego.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2017, 08:09:31 pm »

Having finished your negotiations with the Robot, you step over and pick up the Flashlight.
Feels like it's been a long time since you could just look around in this darkness.

...the flashlight was "improved" and we wondered what was up with that.

You remember seeing some text about this thing being "improved."
As far as you can tell, though, it seems to be pretty much the same.
You guess it seems sturdier? Or like the light is a bit brighter?

You're not sure. If anything has changed, it's pretty subtle.

Ask directions for the nearby vicinity.

You've been meaning to take a look around the Dark Passage for a while, but you kept getting sidetracked.
You decide to take stock of your immediate surroundings, and ask the Robot about them.

Hey, I've been wondering.

What's the deal with this door thing? What is it?

Gonna need a second to parse that one.

Can you open it, though?

Then... was there anything to the south-left?

As you ponder what those symbols might've meant, you check the other side of the Dark Passage.

To the... South? There's a lower area, with more natural stone formations.
There's not much sign of this being a Mine, rather than just a naturally-formed cave.
No obvious sign of anything worth mining for, either.

What's all this, though?

Spoiler: GM NOTES: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CHARACTER STATUS: HANA (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:23:29 pm by Solifuge »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Ashwood Cross: Now with Robot(?)
« Reply #293 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »

Hey look, a screen (?) with a lightning symbol on it. Should be able to interact with that to get MORE POWER.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 16, 2017, 08:37:23 pm »

Hey look, a screen (?) with a lightning symbol on it. Should be able to interact with that to get MORE POWER.
Or another electrocution. Then again, electricity is a flow of energy, which could be considered power, so we still would have more power. Nevermind. (will post action later)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 16, 2017, 08:45:54 pm »

Ooh, this is a thing.

Looks like Pimblokto needs to eat more stuff to have the juice to open that gate for us. Hopefully we can loot something disposable here; I'd rather lose our shirt than our plush cat.

Check out the green toaster whatsit, then maybe peek down the drain.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2017, 09:35:19 pm »

Ooh look, a wheel! ADD demands that we turn the wheel next to the green toaster thing right now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:03:32 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2017, 10:20:28 pm »

What's on the ceiling?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2017, 01:43:22 am »

Walk through the little entranceway(?)-hole thing near the orange light. What could it be?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2017, 09:06:47 am »

Ah ha!  The flashlight is illuminating a wider area.  Good robot!  Have a robot-biscuit!

Aaaand I'm worried about what, exactly, would be going through those pipes underfoot.  I'm glad there's a nice clean drain at least . . .

Since the robot obviously came out of a charging-port-hole-thing like the one that gave us a shock, ask the robot if there's another robot in operation somewhere.  Also, I second Plan Green Toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34