Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Make An Entity Make Bows?  (Read 1030 times)

LlamaLlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to Make An Entity Make Bows?
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:47:10 pm »

I made a new race, basically dwarves with some changes I made. I really want to make it so my new race will be able to make bows and arrows. Also it would be nice if they could start with bow skills.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make An Entity Make Bows?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 05:01:50 pm »

I made a new race, basically dwarves with some changes I made. I really want to make it so my new race will be able to make bows and arrows. Also it would be nice if they could start with bow skills.

Add the bow and arrow allowed item / allowed reaction tags under their wherever you put your race in entity_default.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll also need a building where you can make them and a custom reaction for both of them. (and add those to entity_default.txt)
You won't need the building or reaction if they're an NPC-only race.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:06:36 pm by asialsky »
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 05:08:24 pm »

You don't need a custom building or reaction, adding bows as an allowed item will add them to the bowyer's workshop and the forge.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 06:38:25 pm »

You don't need a custom building or reaction, adding bows as an allowed item will add them to the bowyer's workshop and the forge.
Huh. Didn't know that. Of course, I can't see the hardcoded stuff, so the more you know, I guess.
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:36:06 pm »

To give them inherent skills, it's the natural skill token. 
Code: [Select]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:2]will give them natural hunting ability.  Look up skill tokens on the wiki to find the right word for the bow using skill. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.