Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

How to Make An Entity Make Bows?

(1/1)

LlamaLlord:
I made a new race, basically dwarves with some changes I made. I really want to make it so my new race will be able to make bows and arrows. Also it would be nice if they could start with bow skills.

asialsky:

--- Quote from: LlamaLlord on November 27, 2016, 04:47:10 pm ---I made a new race, basically dwarves with some changes I made. I really want to make it so my new race will be able to make bows and arrows. Also it would be nice if they could start with bow skills.

--- End quote ---

Add the bow and arrow allowed item / allowed reaction tags under their wherever you put your race in entity_default.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
You'll also need a building where you can make them and a custom reaction for both of them. (and add those to entity_default.txt)
You won't need the building or reaction if they're an NPC-only race.

Nahere:
You don't need a custom building or reaction, adding bows as an allowed item will add them to the bowyer's workshop and the forge.

asialsky:

--- Quote from: Nahere on November 27, 2016, 05:08:24 pm ---You don't need a custom building or reaction, adding bows as an allowed item will add them to the bowyer's workshop and the forge.

--- End quote ---
Huh. Didn't know that. Of course, I can't see the hardcoded stuff, so the more you know, I guess.

AceSV:
To give them inherent skills, it's the natural skill token. 

--- Code: ---[NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:2]
--- End code ---
will give them natural hunting ability.  Look up skill tokens on the wiki to find the right word for the bow using skill. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version