Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Astroneer - hard(ish) SF space exploration and engineering  (Read 8162 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Astroneer - hard(ish) SF space exploration and engineering
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2016, 10:45:21 am »

Best I can find you, other than doing a <2hr steam refund, is this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/discussions/0/490125103629051425/#c152391995411242547

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2016, 12:47:58 pm »

So I managed to make a base on the moon, got it self-sufficient abusing the fuel condenser/trade station loop, and set out to make a new base on a planet that actually had... things on it. However, I can't seem to make a new platform from my lander by clicking it anymore; it worked fine on the moon, but now I've been to several planets and can't seem to establish a new base on any of them.

I've considered it might be thinking that the node on my lander is 'occupied' by its former connection with the base node of my moonbase, so I'm currently waiting for a launch window to the moon from the tundra world I most recently attempted to colonise, so I can try re-establishing and then manually removing the link to the lander there. Failing that, my next step is to build a new vehicle bay and a new lander, see if that'll do it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

EDIT: Making a new lander worked.

The spaceship is the same except you get two tries because it has two ports on the sides. Next time make a pod and use that to start a base so you don't have to keep making ships, which you cannot delete. Unhooking and/or rehooking ship to base does not work yet so your tether bugs out.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2016, 04:40:42 pm »

Just a heads up if anyone got issues: after reading around, I changed my audio bitrate to the default 44100 Hz (on Windows Audio Devices config) and the game stopped freezing every few minutes. I also disabled motion blur and gained some fps and less annoyance by editing the game config files.

Yesterday I visited the planets I hadn't visited yet, and I guess I exhausted the content. I even tried doing some shenanigans with the crane + winch, but all I managed to do after much bugging around was bringing one of the POIs (the one that look like the last stage of a basic KSP crewed Mun-rocket) back home. Guess I'll give it 6 months or a year before checking back. :)

Watching some youtube videos about it was also amusing. It seems some people had the bad luck of random people joining their games and "griefing" them, but one youtuber I watched found a corpse that even had dynamite on it - and that's not even craftable yet. Probably someone joined trying to troll him and ended up dead and disconnected.
The funny thing is that the body was in the middle of nowhere, in an underground cave.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 06:16:33 pm »

In caverns you can find bodies and they are not other players. Dynamite sucks.

If you think the "level terrain" button is weird it's because it copies the angle of whatever the indicator is on when you start pushing left mouse button.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 02:34:43 pm »

Baww. I was hoping it was a dead player. But yeah, its just bodies.

By the way, I heard you can tow that big solar panel POI back to the base and plug it in for great amounts of energy. Can't confirm it though, but I suspected that you could since, during the day, the solar panel LED thingy blinks and has an extender "plug" on it.
So that's an interesting mechanic. In the future, towing things back to base and plugging it in.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »

There at least one video of it in action. Plus talk of using other parts. Only good use of the winch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]